Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 05:58 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NZ964C4
Which arm bushes did you use? Powerflex or Porsche? My rear arm bushes are stuffed so this is on the to do list next time it's in.
Porsche, but spec'ed 993 RS, which is solid 1 side.

As a rule of thumb I spec'ed the 993 to RS specification. I did the same with the C3, this was spec'ed to 911 CS where possible.

I basically copy what the Factory does - they have the biggest R&D budget, and saves you having to have one.............

You should find out what the 964 Turbo S spec is, and copy these seem to be very low and have agressive camber etc?
Old 07-08-2015, 06:10 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxem
GT3 RS; quite intimidating, but you know what, maybe a bit too much? I love how euro's go about their business with modesty, mainly sighting things like the back end of an M5 vs an HSV and you know what I mean. The fripperies on the RS all have a purpose I'm sure but a clean white 991 GT3 like yours sit nicely. The orange was not as nice as expected in the flesh. Fussy bugger aye? I'd still have one.
Appreciate the first hand feedback.

Some call the colour Salmon. Others also agree the design is OTT and fussy on this gen RS. I couldn't drive one its way to attention grabbing and cartoonish for me, especially as I use my GT3 for every day driving in NZ. The GT3 looks almost elegant by comparison and is a more resolved design in my eyes. The GT3 is an ince lower and has a better stance too IMO. That said Im sure the RS is a stonking machine and as an effective track weapon there is nothing better. It will also be good in residuals.

Lecerne is lovely. Itally will be great. Where are you heading in Italy?
Old 07-08-2015, 06:19 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Paul when is the big shot of all the cars on the track? Thats the only thing Ive "entered". If Im around as Im not spending both weekends there.

Paul. Can you lobby PCNZ to kick back on the new ACC levies for Rego as a club group please? Its very clear now after watching the One news piece and reading here that Australian crash data doesnt even exist for many of our cars and they have been generally grouped into categories which are unrealistic. In some cases just damned wrong like Matts wife car. I think a consolidated group approach to LTSA/ACC needs to be undertaken to protect Porsche owners from paying unrealistic fees. Porsches have always been a decade ahead of Japanese stuff in the safety camp I believe and it isnt reflected in the data. Sounds like we are not alone - all the car clubs will be submitting complaints I suspect...would be great for you to give us the clubs official position on this?
Macca - you want to come Sat and Sun of the first weekend. Record attempt is on the Sunday from memory.
Old 07-08-2015, 06:22 PM
mjharrisonnz
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paul when is the big shot of all the cars on the track? Thats the only thing Ive "entered". If Im around as Im not spending both weekends there.

Paul. Can you lobby PCNZ to kick back on the new ACC levies for Rego as a club group please? Its very clear now after watching the One news piece and reading here that Australian crash data doesnt even exist for many of our cars and they have been generally grouped into categories which are unrealistic. In some cases just damned wrong like Matts wife car. I think a consolidated group approach to LTSA/ACC needs to be undertaken to protect Porsche owners from paying unrealistic fees. Porsches have always been a decade ahead of Japanese stuff in the safety camp I believe and it isnt reflected in the data. Sounds like we are not alone - all the car clubs will be submitting complaints I suspect...would be great for you to give us the clubs official position on this?
The good news is my P1 is cheap!! Rego is MCLP1
Old 07-08-2015, 07:08 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Damn thats unreal. You are bow paying MORE than before for two of the better build and strongest cars of their generation!

Makes no sense.

I declare this is all a poorly organised and thought out scam. Ive looked at 30 regos now and only agree with 4 of them!
Makes complete sense - score another one for the gayman and $135!

I didn't even need to check the Volvo - if that'd been more than $135 then I'd have agreed it was a scam.
Old 07-08-2015, 07:14 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Makes complete sense - score another one for the gayman and $135!

I didn't even need to check the Volvo - if that'd been more than $135 then I'd have agreed it was a scam.
The R is $135 as well.
Old 07-08-2015, 07:24 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Time to deregister the 944 though! $238 and it never gets driven on the road (much)
Old 07-08-2015, 07:33 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Macca - you want to come Sat and Sun of the first weekend. Record attempt is on the Sunday from memory.
great. will be there with bells on. count me in...

I am looking to organise another RSG Arrive & Drive for/around Monday 11 Jan. A just a heads up for those organising annual leave :-). Will get something up on RSG board about this after NITT....
Old 07-08-2015, 07:40 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Ok so it looks like all our new cars are $135.

But not Matts brand new Cayenne? What gives.

Begs the question does the price go up every few years as the car gets older and "less safe" compared to new offerings or do new offerings become even cheaper to Rego? When you think about it it's a BS and floored system. Going to cost more to compliance and manage than the reduced revenue it creates the government. Like mass immigration from Asia it's a flawed revenue strategy IMO. Mileage at WOF is digitised now and mandatory would have been better creating mileage bands for registration and then run a macro at renewal across registration plate at time of renewal to determine annual price. Let's face it beyond the age of design and NCAP rating the one single statistical probability that holds is time exposed to danger!! You drive 50000 km pa you are more likely to have an incident requiring you or others to seek medical attention than a car driven 5000 km pa for occasional use.

If someone knows where I can complain please send a link. I may not live there anymore but flawed BS legislation like this needs sanity checking...
Old 07-08-2015, 07:41 PM
RS ZWEI
Pro

You got lucky mate. I typed my rego for the 993 in and Im grade 1D and apparently have 5 seats!

At least your car has the right number of seats.

Worse still my car is $50 more a year than yours to Rego (and $110 more a year than my GT3 which is apparently a 4D).

It looks to me as if the table is entirely constructed on age. I cant believe they have used such a BS method to work out ACC levey per vehicle if indeed this is the case. I say this because I can guarantee my 993 is safer than a 10 year newer Corolla in an accident?

Tell me this isnt really how they have worked outthe new annual Regos? PleasE?

David, i think my inserts are yellow...
My RS2 is in Band 2 which is fine, but a mates RS2 which numerically the next car of the production line is in Band 1 and therefore costs about $40 extra a year. I looked up other RS2's I know of and they are all Band 2 like my car? How does this happen?

I also looked up Dads DD 2007 Clio RS, in Europe its has a 5 Star safety rating, it has ABS, ESP, numerous airbags but the ACC have placed it in Band 1 which is normally for cars built between the years of 1975-1995. It should be a Band 3 car? Buggered if I know whats going on, I bet ACC dont.
Old 07-08-2015, 07:46 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RS ZWEI
My RS2 is in Band 2 which is fine, but a mates RS2 which numerically the next car of the production line is in Band 1 and therefore costs about $40 extra a year. I looked up other RS2's I know of and they are all Band 2 like my car? How does this happen? I also looked up Dads DD 2007 Clio RS, in Europe its has a 5 Star safety rating, it has ABS, ESP, numerous airbags but the ACC have placed it in Band 1 which is normally for cars built between the years of 1975-1995. It should be a Band 3 car? Buggered if I know whats going on, I bet ACC dont.
Agreed. Your dads car wasn't sold new in Australia and hence I believe all are automatically categorised into band 1!!

Worse still the system is flawed as it rely on Rego ticket vehicle description only which is notoriously inaccurate in NZ. I've seen the tickets on 3 x 991 GT3 and each described differently (I.e. "gT3", Carrera GT3 etc).

The whole thing is nonsense. NZ has 2x the number of models available on the roads than Australia due to open boarders and Australia's onerous import restrictions and taxes. Paid be pretty sure there are many jap import owners out there negatively affected.

People need to say something about this. Where is that link...
Old 07-08-2015, 07:50 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

If I paid tax in NZ Id want the head of the turkey who concocted this sham on a plate! This time its not just the "motoring enthusiast" affected but the general populous including the folk that can least afford it. Surely there is to be a groundswell to turn this...
Old 07-08-2015, 07:54 PM
964X33
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

But not Matts brand new Cayenne? What gives.
This has to be a mistake. Porsche is not listed on the manufacturers list given by LTNZ so it should fall into category by year, and therefore be at the lowest premium band?
Old 07-08-2015, 07:54 PM
964X33
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Porsche, but spec'ed 993 RS, which is solid 1 side.

As a rule of thumb I spec'ed the 993 to RS specification. I did the same with the C3, this was spec'ed to 911 CS where possible.

I basically copy what the Factory does - they have the biggest R&D budget, and saves you having to have one.............

You should find out what the 964 Turbo S spec is, and copy these seem to be very low and have agressive camber etc?
Like your thinking. Thanks.
Old 07-08-2015, 08:32 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Paul. Im pretty certain we got the bushes for the rear trailing arm (V shaped known as A arm) from Elephant Racing in the USA. It was "RS spec". Porsche do not supply the bushes alone as far as Im aware (which is where the AM step in). Porsche expect you to replace the whole A arm.

Jason. If you go to Elephant Racing site you will likely find the spec of bush you need. The original can be pressed out of the A arm and the new insert pressed in. CCS and others can do this for you...

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?