Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 06:47 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by floatingkiwi
Guys - REGARDING TPC MODULE. We still only have chris and I, with doug on if we can get a 4th person, as 4 or over is much more advantageous to us than 2-3. So, do we have a fourth person??? Doug - are you still interested if we only get the 3? Matt
PM'd you.
Old 07-07-2015, 06:54 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by O2GO
Ha, there's hope yet for my 2 spare sets of 16" go faster 964 D90s :-)

Better wear dark glasses at the next track day Pete. Lola is looking pretty shiny in much new and machine polished guards red paint.
Better keep your eyes on your keys at all times! If JMac brings the R then it'll be like a candy shop for me!
Old 07-07-2015, 06:55 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
Just as long as you aren't under the impression they will follow the same upward trajectory as D90s...
Happy with that - I have D90s for sale as well!
Old 07-07-2015, 08:11 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts
Default Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Originally Posted by Kiwi Carguy
Wow this would be nuts!

I must be getting old, kept thinking about how impractical it would be... There's a few times that he opens it up, and damn it looks quick. Mental.

This is also nuts:
Old 07-07-2015, 10:38 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by pcarplayer
Dave, did the Sabelt GT30 ultimately fit once you messed about with it? What issues did you have at the time? Its one of my candidates.
Yeah, it went in quite well and it was an easy job once the Pro's had done all the aligning to get it between the tunnel and outer sill. I actually made it quite hard for them by asking for harness mounts in the tunnel as I was thinking ahead towards legal mounts rather than the ones - like Rennline - that fit to the seat mountings. But I never needed that level ultimately so that was just wasteful.
The Sabelt was chosen because the size fitted me and it fitted the car and from memory it was 7 or 800 so not badly priced.
The work is in setting up the aftermarket seat sliders to the chassis and then the seat brackets to that. I'm not that tall, maybe a smidge under six foot and I could get the seat just low enough but I like to ride low. So overall sucsessful except paying the "Pro's" to eff about which I could have done for free.
Old 07-07-2015, 10:54 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Stuttgart interesting Porsche report;
Rubystone 964 RS and 997.2 GT3RS
Attached Images  
Old 07-07-2015, 10:56 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Of all the cars in the Museum, this Sand Beige narrow body G series was quite appealing
Attached Images  
Old 07-07-2015, 10:59 AM
Maxem
Drifting

First sighting, but no GT4
Attached Images  
Old 07-07-2015, 11:01 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Nice colour
Attached Images  
Old 07-07-2015, 05:11 PM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Maxem
Yeah, it went in quite well and it was an easy job once the Pro's had done all the aligning to get it between the tunnel and outer sill. I actually made it quite hard for them by asking for harness mounts in the tunnel as I was thinking ahead towards legal mounts rather than the ones - like Rennline - that fit to the seat mountings. But I never needed that level ultimately so that was just wasteful.
The Sabelt was chosen because the size fitted me and it fitted the car and from memory it was 7 or 800 so not badly priced.
The work is in setting up the aftermarket seat sliders to the chassis and then the seat brackets to that. I'm not that tall, maybe a smidge under six foot and I could get the seat just low enough but I like to ride low. So overall sucsessful except paying the "Pro's" to eff about which I could have done for free.
Thanks Dave. That gives me a little more confidence that the seat will fit. I've a Planted seat bracket on the way so i'm hoping that will make fitting a little easier. Its comes with a tab for a seat belt so no need for an adapter until i get a harness set up. The Rennline harness mounts are interesting. A decent, easily reversible measure if they are secure enough being attached to the seat itself

Nice pics, thanks for sharing. Yes, i'm envious. Northern summer, Porsche ****....nice
Old 07-07-2015, 05:27 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Yeah nice, but 36 deg is getting a bit tiring.....
Old 07-07-2015, 05:28 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by pcarplayer
Thanks Dave. That gives me a little more confidence that the seat will fit. I've a Planted seat bracket on the way so i'm hoping that will make fitting a little easier. Its comes with a tab for a seat belt so no need for an adapter until i get a harness set up. The Rennline harness mounts are interesting. A decent, easily reversible measure if they are secure enough being attached to the seat itself

Nice pics, thanks for sharing. Yes, i'm envious. Northern summer, Porsche ****....nice
I have unused Rennline mounts. I bought them a while back from Shannon off Trademe, but never fitted a harness to the passenger seat as I can't take passengers on the track without a cage.
Old 07-07-2015, 05:53 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Love the sand beige IB 2.7S. Remove the US rear bumperettes and put chrome mirrors in place of flagstaffs t match the bright-work and it would be purdy. Not sure I could live with the interior colour long time.

What did you think about the orange on the new GT3RS? It seems to divide opinion for those who have seen it in person.

36 degrees. I spoke with Steve R yesterday and he said it was very warm in UK. The last few times Ive been to Europe/UK in summer it was much warmer than I recall NZ being in summer (32+C). We are acclimatised up to about 32-3 with 95% but 36 is tough work. Better than 6 I reckon ;-). Suggest you ship the family to Lego land go and find a nice stretch of sand beach in the south for a few days. The French girls wear a glorious lack of bikini when they are frolicking on the shores :-)
Old 07-07-2015, 06:05 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Better than 6 I reckon ;-)
I used to think the same for the 17-odd years I worked in tropical climates. However, it depends what you are looking to do in the weather and how well you cope with heat. Vila from December through April is hot as hell. Can't do any sustained activity. An Auckland Winter is turning out to be very productive as I can work on cars etc without overheating. All I need now is a hoist...
Old 07-07-2015, 07:13 PM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by John McM
All I need now is a hoist...
You could check out http://www.ufixitauto.co.nz/ but may be a bother to drive all that way to Silverdale

Originally Posted by John McM
I have unused Rennline mounts. I bought them a while back from Shannon off Trademe, but never fitted a harness to the passenger seat as I can't take passengers on the track without a cage.
Do you have the long ones or the short? Are your harnesses mounted to the floor or do you use these also on the drivers side?

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?