Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2015 | 04:17 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by Macca
Yeah, memory card fullup. Have to confess I couldn't seem to shake you on that run. Must have had too much to eat for lunch! I do have the complete footage from Old R Rd to SHW1 early morning Day 3. That's a wild ride, probably get locked up if I publish it on Youtube. We didn't break our PB it must be said. Probably the damp cold roads, we started off pretty slow and you need to be quick out of the gates to go sub 16 there I think...
Wish I had my timer running instead of using the clock. It's such a nice run when there's no traffic.
Old 06-09-2015 | 04:20 AM
mjg
Pro

Timing yourselves on public roads? Really guys?
Old 06-09-2015 | 04:29 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Fair point. It's the only piece of road I've ever done this on and was very early.

Macca, John we need to be careful what we say online. Could easily be taken the wrong way regards safety or even hooligism.
Old 06-09-2015 | 04:40 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Wow, check out this rally driving

Facebook Post
Old 06-09-2015 | 04:49 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Default Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Originally Posted by O2GO
Wow, check out this rally driving

Facebook Post
I feel so incompetent after watching this video. Absolutely mental.
Old 06-09-2015 | 09:30 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by O2GO
Fair point. It's the only piece of road I've ever done this on and was very early. Macca, John we need to be careful what we say online. Could easily be taken the wrong way regards safety or even hooligism.
Fair call. grew up with the cannonball run movies and hearing of the famous Auckland to WTG informal timed events. Bet they were interesting. One of my favourite recent driving books was about the record run coast to coast in the USA a few years back in the e39 M5. It's hard to remember there are rules when you live in a place where there aren't any (well if there are they aren't enforced). Note to self. The first rule of fight club is....
Old 06-09-2015 | 03:35 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Default Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

On a similar note, saw this today. Not good news for any of the official club run events. Effects would be felt much wider than car clubs.

http://i.stuff.co.nz/southland-times...teer-run-clubs

"[a club or club member could be] subject to court action and fines if one of its members organises, coordinates or oversees the efforts of another member while both are acting voluntarily ... and something goes amiss…"
Old 06-09-2015 | 04:10 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
Fair call. grew up with the cannonball run movies and hearing of the famous Auckland to WTG informal timed events. Bet they were interesting. One of my favourite recent driving books was about the record run coast to coast in the USA a few years back in the e39 M5. It's hard to remember there are rules when you live in a place where there aren't any (well if there are they aren't enforced). Note to self. The first rule of fight club is....
Last Sunday, I was breathalysed by a random blitz at 9pm. The first time in my life. Zero alcohol. 10 minutes later I came back in the opposite direction and they tested me again despite pointing out the officer that had just tested me. This just reinforced my view that they are automatons not all knowing CSi wannabes

When they are not out catching drunk drivers (a good thing Vanuatu needs to follow), they were were issuing some 295,000 speed tickets in 2014, to go with the 689,000 speed camera tickets. I'd be surprised If they can be bothered reading forums and trying to prosecute two or three men possibly exaggerating their driving exploits on line when there is evidently easier meat out there. Do the crime do the time but equally the only crime is being caught. I doubt we exceeded the speed limit much if at all on the Helena bay run, it's mostly 100km/hr limits. The lower posted speeds are just advisories.

Rant over. BTW my licence is clean. Last ticket was 2006.
Old 06-09-2015 | 04:49 PM
savantx
Intermediate

I am william@qcd.co.nz , cheers

Originally Posted by PHG
Funny
I was just reading the 996TT manual today (I got it on the putor) and noticed that there are baby carrier attachments fitted on most ex factory in the back. PM me yr email and I'll send you the manual
Old 06-09-2015 | 05:26 PM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by nzskater
I feel so incompetent after watching this video. Absolutely mental.
great vid. I can hardly hear what the co driver is saying - maybe 50 %
Old 06-09-2015 | 06:51 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nzskater
On a similar note, saw this today. Not good news for any of the official club run events. Effects would be felt much wider than car clubs.

http://i.stuff.co.nz/southland-times...teer-run-clubs

"[a club or club member could be] subject to court action and fines if one of its members organises, coordinates or oversees the efforts of another member while both are acting voluntarily ... and something goes amiss…"
This could have serious implications for SI Targa...
Old 06-09-2015 | 06:53 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM
I'd be surprised If they can be bothered reading forums and trying to prosecute two or three men possibly exaggerating their driving exploits on line when there is evidently easier meat out there. Do the crime do the time but equally the only crime is being caught. I doubt we exceeded the speed limit much if at all on the Helena bay run, it's mostly 100km/hr limits. The lower posted speeds are just advisories.

Rant over. BTW my licence is clean. Last ticket was 2006.
Correct John on that run. Average speed on the route I quoted was 87kmph. Its a 100kmph zone. I doubt we exceeded the limit much if at all there either :-).
Old 06-09-2015 | 07:34 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Isnt the Singer just magic! The perfect hot rod. This is teh first track test published of the car - that Cosworth fettled engine is just to die for. Shame about the price tag (Would be almost $1M NZD landed all costs in the way the currency is heading...).

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...at-laguna.html
Old 06-09-2015 | 08:06 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM
they were issuing some 295,000 speed tickets in 2014, to go with the 689,000 speed camera tickets. .
^^^ What do you think funds the trafffic department?? They have quota's.

It's a tax by stelf.

If they where serious about people not speeding, we would all have Track-It's in our cars hooked up to the Police Dept and the ticket would arrvie in the post automatically..........

Acutally this would raise a lot more revenue and save big time of cops and patrol cars...........
Old 06-09-2015 | 09:04 PM
shiraz
Racer

^^^, then they'd have to work - you know, fight crime & stuff.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?