Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 12:59 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Geez. I see on RSG FB Chris Amon was riding shotgun in the Grinch and must have encouraged the driver to swap paint with another car!!! However BB2 looks even worse for wear would appear it made love with a concrete barrier but still appears drive able. Looks like lots of race craft being learnt out there today!!!
Old 05-02-2015, 01:21 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Paul. Your theory on 991GT3 sub 1.10 at HD in road trim may have a chance to come true. Tim James takes delivery of his Sapphire Blue example on Monday at CCS! I heard Mr Hartley may have one coming in the recommendation of Dario Franchetti and Mark Webber has confirmed in the press he has a RS on order to keep his GT2 RS and 4.0RS company. Hopefully between them all we will hear of some private lap times. I heard Tim was interested in joining RSG but I can't recall who told me....
Kev tells me he had Tim's old 997.2 RS around in 1.11's on road tyres, and has told others of the story with the 7.2 GT3 doing a 1.10.

Kev can spin a good yarn - but I don't think he would make these things up??
Old 05-02-2015, 01:22 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

P.s - ya still comin??
Old 05-02-2015, 01:58 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Kev tells me he had Tim's old 997.2 RS around in 1.11's on road tyres, and has told others of the story with the 7.2 GT3 doing a 1.10. Kev can spin a good yarn - but I don't think he would make these things up??
Kevin was laughing very heartily when I told him you had told us the 991 GT3 can do 1.09s in street trim. I got the impression like me he felt this unlikely. The gen 6.2cup cars are only just besting that on michi slicks?

I think I'll knock 0.5s off my PB when I change out the current tyres. Mid 13s. But it needs to be dry as out of the 3 times I've driven the GT3 at HD 2 of them have been between pouring and damp. The car is in factory trim/tyres and will stay that way. Some more practice and trodeo R for a mid 1.12 I guess. I've driven HD 5 times between the two cars in 27 months. Unfortunately I probably will not drive HD again for another 12 months as next event is NITT then SITT. The big breaks of 12 months between returning to HD mean I usually start at the beginning again. But I accept I'm not going to get 1000s of laps in like others, thus probably not improve much, I just like getting out there and hanging with the boys.

Sunday after my Ron run no? 4pmish?
Old 05-02-2015, 02:05 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

P.s. Paul when you re edit your posts it doesn't delete the messages we all get sent with the content. Although you have removed the reference to me being a slow track driver which I addressed above every one of us received your original email in our in boxes. Just a heads up for next time :-)
Old 05-02-2015, 02:08 AM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Geez. I see on RSG FB Chris Amon was riding shotgun in the Grinch and must have encouraged the driver to swap paint with another car!!! However BB2 looks even worse for wear would appear it made love with a concrete barrier but still appears drive able. Looks like lots of race craft being learnt out there today!!!
I'm a facebaulker so not sure whats up on FB but since I was the closest person to Neil when BB2 took him into the tyre wall I'll post some shots soon. On the last lap of the race his front right brake pad caught fire going iinto the hairpin so BB2 french kissed the barrier. Neil did well to still turn her a fair bit to spread cosmetic damage down her side rather than shunting the front.

One of those multifactorial accidents that will have some lessons in it. Neil was one of the stars of the day, running as high as 4th or 5th for a good part of it and 'Dewar' was often mentioned by the announcers. He'd run his best lap of 1:25.77 not long before and we were expecting him to lap John anytime. John also got quicker in the second half of the race and obviously benefitted from the more reliable car on the day.

I stayed as long as I could with the two kids in tow, but it looks like I'll be running a green car instead of a black one tomorrow as 2KCup said they were fine with that swap. It will run under it's normal 62 number.

Will post some pics as soon as I've sorted a few.

It was a great race to watch, and obviously pretty exciting to drive in!
Old 05-02-2015, 02:30 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 996tnz

Yep - it was a lot of fun to watch. Neil ran the last 20mins in 4th place and had clawed the 3rd place car in from 7secs to 1sec prior to the incident. But for traffic he had a chance of a podium but we'll never know whether the brakes would have held on for those last 2 laps. With brake pedal to the floor he had no chance!! Just glad he's ok and BB2 is fixable - may not all buff out but she will live to fight another day.

John pulled a few storming laps to prove that the grinch does have it in it. Loads of experience points gained by both.

John is also front runner for the Macca Cup/Miller Plate in 2015.... Paul, you'll have to lift your game to top this one!
Old 05-02-2015, 02:41 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Well done Neil & John! Neil, sounds like a very close thing and unfortunate you couldn't bring RSG to the 2K podium but that is racing I guess. Sounds like you saved John from being an unwitting Macca Cup winner Pete. By NITT Im hoping we have a 2015 Cup winner...
Old 05-02-2015, 02:58 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like you saved John from being an unwitting Macca Cup winner Pete. By NITT Im hoping we have a 2015 Cup winner...
I wouldn't say saved at all - that was minor.
Old 05-02-2015, 03:00 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by peterC2S
I wouldn't say saved at all - that was minor.
Mmmm. Combine it with the tools/spares in the back and its not looking good is??
Old 05-02-2015, 03:03 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Kevin was laughing very heartily when I told him you had told us the 991 GT3 can do 1.09s in street trim. I got the impression like me he felt this unlikely. The gen 6.2cup cars are only just besting that on michi slicks?

I think I'll knock 0.5s off my PB when I change out the current tyres. Mid 13s. But it needs to be dry as out of the 3 times I've driven the GT3 at HD 2 of them have been between pouring and damp. The car is in factory trim/tyres and will stay that way. Some more practice and trodeo R for a mid 1.12 I guess. I've driven HD 5 times between the two cars in 27 months. Unfortunately I probably will not drive HD again for another 12 months as next event is NITT then SITT. The big breaks of 12 months between returning to HD mean I usually start at the beginning again. But I accept I'm not going to get 1000s of laps in like others, thus probably not improve much, I just like getting out there and hanging with the boys.

Sunday after my Ron run no? 4pmish?
Mate - buggared if I know the truth on these times. The quickest I have personally whitnessed is 13's with Neil and Matt? - I just enjoy winding you up :-). I have seen a written lap time of the modified Peter Miliner 6.1 GT3 in the 12's. But this car has a cage and is pretty serious.

Was Kev there today??

4pm-ish would be good - your help would be appreciated.

P.s to settle the debate - we need to convince Tim to lend his car to Kev again. I look froward to seeing a blue car - on the fence with this colour??
Old 05-02-2015, 03:05 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

P.s. Paul when you re edit your posts it doesn't delete the messages we all get sent with the content. Although you have removed the reference to me being a slow track driver which I addressed above every one of us received your original email in our in boxes. Just a heads up for next time :-)
Yeah - I reailse that - you aren't slow, it was a wet track, and who cares as it's not a race - just bantering again
Old 05-02-2015, 03:15 AM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2KCup Masters Race 1, 2015 RSG and Glen

Originally Posted by 996tnz
I'm a facebaulker so not sure whats up on FB but since I was the closest person to Neil when BB2 took him into the tyre wall I'll post some shots soon. On the last lap of the race his front right brake pad caught fire going iinto the hairpin so BB2 french kissed the barrier. Neil did well to still turn her a fair bit to spread cosmetic damage down her side rather than shunting the front.

One of those multifactorial accidents that will have some lessons in it. Neil was one of the stars of the day, running as high as 4th or 5th for a good part of it and 'Dewar' was often mentioned by the announcers. He'd run his best lap of 1:25.77 not long before and we were expecting him to lap John anytime. John also got quicker in the second half of the race and obviously benefitted from the more reliable car on the day.

I stayed as long as I could with the two kids in tow, but it looks like I'll be running a green car instead of a black one tomorrow as 2KCup said they were fine with that swap. It will run under it's normal 62 number.

Will post some pics as soon as I've sorted a few.

Here are a few pics:

Glen's ride:

Name:  smrDSC_5506.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  142.2 KB

Name:  smrDSC_5497.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  93.8 KB

Name:  smrDSC_5494.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  114.2 KB

Name:  smrDSC_5693.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  140.4 KB

Name:  smrDSC_5688.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  125.3 KB

Name:  smrDSC_5713.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  109.8 KB

Name:  smrDSC_5776.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  126.2 KB

Name:  smrDSC_5780.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  157.0 KB

Name:  smrDSC_5798.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  140.2 KB

Name:  smrDSC_5811.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  115.1 KB

Name:  smrDSC_5893.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  116.5 KB
Old 05-02-2015, 03:19 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

The field was 38 strong. Neil was 8th fastest at 1.25.777, whereas I was 10th fastest time at 1.26.22.

I started 17th on the grid and finished 11th. Neil had an off in the second to last lap and went from close to a podium to 27th.

Neil lost his brakes on Barrel 51 while examining my tail pipe. The right hand pads had worn faster than the left, with nothing left.

My accident led to a visit from the CRO. I tried my luck in turn one and punted a car in the rear quarter. I wasn't sanctioned as I had apologised to the other driver.
Old 05-02-2015, 03:27 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Paul no dramas. Yes Neil, Chris and Steve all low 13s during Bent Sprints last year on track tyres. Im betting against myself having a go at you re the predicted 1.09s time but have to say I really cant see it as much as I would love it to be possible. I reckon Tim James could punt a GT3 around the track as quick as Kev (I should hope as hes running a GT3 cup car now?) so hopefully he will get his new GT3 out there and we can know for sure. Metallic Sapphire Blue is a bit MEH to me for a GT3, personally would look at the flat colours or GT silver, but that's a personal opinion :-).

I checked my txt definitely was Sunday. Sorry if you were waiting. Will be thee tommorow.

Walt those are brilliant shots mate - the boys will be stocked that really sums it all up perfectly so good candid moments there!

John, that's a real heat of steam you got up there. Great work buddy, looks like racing Rays tuition on Tuesday paid off!

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?