Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 04:38 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Thesnowman
At one of our dealers, Advanced Tuning And Performance

Still at NZPT, setting up our own Dyno room soon as I get time.

Might just have to sort a Porsche Dyno day in 4-6 weeks
I'm interested in putting my C4 on the dyno again. I hope the front and rear rollers aren't linked. What type of dyno is it?
Old 04-15-2015, 04:47 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pcarplayer
I've found its important to make a careful decision before committing to one system or another. Lenses are simply not always transferable between systems
Isn't that the truth. We are now locked into Canon. We used the cameras alot in Indonesia, where people love to be photographed. Not so much in NZ where I think inanimate objects are the only safe things to photograph, apart from family and friends. BTW: The pics that sold the Turbo 3.6 were taken on SLR so they did us proud.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:00 PM
Thesnowman
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
I'm interested in putting my C4 on the dyno again. I hope the front and rear rollers aren't linked. What type of dyno is it?
Non linked rolling road, it's a Dyno Torque (torque performance built)
Old 04-15-2015, 05:04 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...-874040246.htm

^^^^ hummmm, maybe just a wee bit too track focused? I'm in the market for a GT3 if anyone knows of a good one.
Simon rang me about this one a few months back. I believe the seller is a previous owner of the GT3 I looked at a year or so back and was at a dealer recently.

I just received an email from the Turbo 3.6 buyer to tell me it's going in for a full respray to Horizon Blue Metallic. The reason for saying that is that he has a preferred type of car, perfect, and he can't help himself.

You have that perfect car in your head as well. Decide what it is, get it and move on. Everything else is a stop gap measure. I'm stopping at the R. I think you need a GT3 to be happy and one that is in a near new state.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:16 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Thesnowman
Non linked rolling road, it's a Dyno Torque (torque performance built)
I ran the C4 on the new Torque Performance Dyno. Unfortunately the C4 doesnt have the power to really run it properly (power is split between the wheels permanently). I hope this machine is one of their lesser capacity models.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:38 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I just received an email from the Turbo 3.6 buyer to tell me it's going in for a full respray to Horizon Blue Metallic. The reason for saying that is that he has a preferred type of car, perfect, and he can't help himself.
Interesting. Richards a true Virgo then!

You have that perfect car in your head as well. Decide what it is, get it and move on. Everything else is a stop gap measure. I'm stopping at the R. I think you need a GT3 to be happy and one that is in a near new state.
If you are making money tax free this year on capital gain, as previously stated, Paul its all a no brainer mate.

Buy a new GT4 for 2015 delivery ($200K optioned up) or a lightly used 997.2 GT3 for a little less (Ex-Angus Brow - as currently on sale at CCS with 20k km). Either of those two will work fine :-)

Last edited by Macca; 04-15-2015 at 11:24 PM.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:49 PM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

^^^^ hummmm, maybe just a wee bit too track focused? I'm in the market for a GT3 if anyone knows of a good one.
got some good features but still the road features in car. aircond, sound, carpets etc. The side bars intrusion bars on the cage are set low so still very easy to get in and out of. Also set up for Targa so not as stiff as cup so very roadable. Not as quick though on track as it will be heavier then a road car as its not stripped and cage added. Much heavier than a cup, but rhd and roadable.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:22 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
Interesting. Richards a true Virgo then!
Absolutely by the look of it. I don't like Horizon Blue Metallic as much as Polar silver (neither does he), but he figures a repaint might as well be done once and he priced in a full one when buying. With the car so original otherwise and interior etc in good nick it's probably the best option to have a top of market car.

I need to stop myself going down this path with the R. I've just ticked over 30,000 km. Paradoxically, what I need is a market signal that it will depreciate normally so I might as well use it. The problem is that they seem to be weekend cars for most so low mileage is the norm.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:43 PM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

[QUOTE=John McM;12207166]Simon rang me about this one a few months back. I believe the seller is a previous owner of the GT3 I looked at a year or so back and was at a dealer recently.
QUOTE]

That gt3 you looked at John - arctic silver, touring spec but with buckets? I owned that for the first 6+ years of its life
Old 04-15-2015, 06:50 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Absolutely by the look of it. I don't like Horizon Blue Metallic as much as Polar silver (neither does he), but he figures a repaint might as well be done once and he priced in a full one when buying. With the car so original otherwise and interior etc in good nick it's probably the best option to have a top of market car.

I need to stop myself going down this path with the R. I've just ticked over 30,000 km. Paradoxically, what I need is a market signal that it will depreciate normally so I might as well use it. The problem is that they seem to be weekend cars for most so low mileage is the norm.
30K Km is run in Kms John :-). The previous owner must have put 5,000km on the car alone for the 2014 SITT, so in effect he must have used it lightly outside of that event.

I think Ill be closer to 20K km on the 991 GT3 by the end of 2015 (my April/May trip + NITT included). After 2016 SITT Im anticipating over 25K km.

In the UK market the GT3 is an appreciating object, so I understand the sentiment but in the NZ market its a depreciating object so I have no qualms with enjoying every moment driving it.

I personally would just get out and use it and forget depreciation. There are 3 in the NZ market and two of them are under 50k km (that we can be sure). The chances of two coming up for sale same time are unlikely and the UK market for Spyder/R/GT3 is far different from NZ market as we know.

IMO I dont see any real effects of mileage for you until maybe 70k km. Even so what are we talking, maybe a $10K delta? Life is short seize the day :-)
Old 04-15-2015, 06:50 PM
RS ZWEI
Pro

I believe this car was imported damaged into NZ via Sing by Emma Gilmour. The plan was she was going to use it as a Targa car, but they ended up selling it after it was turned into a Targa car. Terry May (the current owner) has had the car for years. Also, it has a very late VIN.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:52 PM
RS ZWEI
Pro

I guess it made sense since he was pulling the engine out to do an oil leak?
Old 04-15-2015, 07:04 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gt38088
That gt3 you looked at John - arctic silver, touring spec but with buckets? I owned that for the first 6+ years of its life
It was the bitser in Auckland sold on Trademe for ~ $50,000 then re-advertised recently for $65,000. Terry May owned it at one stage, I think.
Old 04-15-2015, 07:09 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RS ZWEI
I guess it made sense since he was pulling the engine out to do an oil leak?
Nik, that was mostly done to replace the engine lining pad. There were oil leaks as well, but to stop those in a 964 is a lesson in futility. Unless it never gets driven again, which is possible.

As Matt knows, this car is so well recoloured it will take a compete deconstruction to do properly. I respect the decision but am still trying to get my head around a thought from buyers that a decision made to order a colour 21 years ago means that car can only be worth top dollar in that colour. However, it is what it is. I'm happy Richard has the car and will look forward to seeing how it turns out. It sounds like it will be in exquisite condition.
Old 04-15-2015, 07:17 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
30K Km is run in Kms John :-). The previous owner must have put 5,000km on the car alone for the 2014 SITT, so in effect he must have used it lightly outside of that event.

I think Ill be closer to 20K km on the 991 GT3 by the end of 2015 (my April/May trip + NITT included). After 2016 SITT Im anticipating over 25K km.

In the UK market the GT3 is an appreciating object, so I understand the sentiment but in the NZ market its a depreciating object so I have no qualms with enjoying every moment driving it.

I personally would just get out and use it and forget depreciation. There are 3 in the NZ market and two of them are under 50k km (that we can be sure). The chances of two coming up for sale same time are unlikely and the UK market for Spyder/R/GT3 is far different from NZ market as we know.

IMO I dont see any real effects of mileage for you until maybe 70k km. Even so what are we talking, maybe a $10K delta? Life is short seize the day :-)
True, I'm just overthinking it. It's a novelty having a car that costs me barely anything. It needs nothing except an occasional clean. The polar opposite of Herman. Sad to say, but if I downsized right now, it would be the R and Cayenne staying so I could focus on basket weaving or geocaching. Thankfully, I'm not downsizing so no decisions need to be made for a while.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?