Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 03:00 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by O2GO
Must have been to stop lurkers I guess. Maybe they were getting commercial posts or some abusive comments etc. A closed group is a good way of managing this. Sign up and then you can be my friend :-)

Wahoo, looking forward to celebrating this!!
Yeah, maybe they do. Sometimes it's good to lurk. I wonder if the occasional sellers of their 911's on trademe get to see the flaming they get on the early 911 page if asking over the (collective group's opinion) odds. If I sign up on FB under a pseudonym I'll get to comment positively should my next 911 hit the market.....
Old 04-16-2015, 04:12 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Along the way I found those shoes you donated Buba!!! Also the blue velvet platform ones. Glad you shifted them on before Jenny found out! Have to say they will make someone in the village happy.
Oooh - Jen must have snuck the blue shoes in. I wandered where they got to??

Any chance of bringing them back with you?
Old 04-16-2015, 04:38 AM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Thesnowman
Private day. Rolling road. Happy to sort a Porsche day if people are keen
Is it a proper rolling road that mechanically links the front and rear wheels to maintain the same speed at both ends? Could be keen. Had to abort a Dynapack run (at full cost) because they aren't linked and bad things were going to happen to my front viscous diff. I had even brought my own extra blowers for the intercoolers...
Old 04-16-2015, 04:49 AM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 996tnz
Is it a proper rolling road that mechanically links the front and rear wheels to maintain the same speed at both ends? Could be keen. Had to abort a Dynapack run (at full cost) because they aren't linked and bad things were going to happen to my front viscous diff. I had even brought my own extra blowers for the intercoolers...
Sorry, just saw in your reply to John that this dyno is also unlinked. Apparently 996 Turbos can be dynoed as two wheel drives by disconnecting the shaft to the front diff but not sure I'll ever be bothered to do that. What will you be putting in at your own performance tuning shop? Something mechanically coupled?
Old 04-16-2015, 04:58 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Sorry, just saw in your reply to John that this dyno is also unlinked. Apparently 996 Turbos can be dynoed as two wheel drives by disconnecting the shaft to the front diff but not sure I'll ever be bothered to do that. What will you be putting in at your own performance tuning shop? Something mechanically coupled?
The guy at Torque said the same thing Walter. Herman is ok because it's full time 4wd.

Btw did you get the text I sent?
Old 04-16-2015, 05:13 AM
Thesnowman
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What will you be putting in at your own performance tuning shop? Something mechanically coupled?

Just a 2wd rolling road, land and sea. Its for development of toyota tuning (yay..)
Old 04-16-2015, 05:27 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Spent this afternoon sorting through some of the aid donations that have started to arrive via efforts such as Doug and others on here and in NZ & Australia. Have sorted enough clothing and food for 10 families of 6 which we will deliver tomorrow. Along the way I found those shoes you donated Buba!!! Also the blue velvet platform ones. Glad you shifted them on before Jenny found out! Have to say they will make someone in the village happy. Not sure about being responsible for distributing a full length knitted balaclava though?
Ha ha. Someone didn't have brain engaged putting in a balaclava. I'm sure there will be many interesting finds
Old 04-16-2015, 05:30 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^ Some SI Targa p*rn in a 6.2 GT3??

8.30 is up the crown ranges............

I am so hangin out for May now............

SITT was my best car event ever - hangin for 2016 SITT too.
Old 04-16-2015, 05:32 AM
Moochier
Instructor

Originally Posted by John McM
I ran the C4 on the new Torque Performance Dyno. Unfortunately the C4 doesnt have the power to really run it properly (power is split between the wheels permanently). I hope this machine is one of their lesser capacity models.
Just discovered I can't run the R PDK on this dyno, buggar! Apparently if the front wheels aren't spinning relative to the rears it shuts the power down, even with psm off and ABS fuse pulled. They will only run on a linked 4wd dyno..... Anyone know of one of those in Auckland?
Old 04-16-2015, 06:10 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by O2GO
Ha ha. Someone didn't have brain engaged putting in a balaclava. I'm sure there will be many interesting finds
Was an interesting experience all right. The most abundant was children's clothes. Makes sense as the grow out of their wardrobes so fast. The next most abundant were woman's clothes. Some real doozies there including sequin push up bra and some borderline fashion weirdness. Makes sense as women generally have lots of stuff they don't wear in their closet as U.S. Men will attest. Men's stuff was as scarce as hens teeth, especially shoes. Goes to show they wear their threads till they are bare and "invest" their spare in beer, boating and other hobbies!

Interestingly if these were the only clothes the 60 recipients were to own in the whole world (a fact for some!) then the men would be wearing loin cloths, the women would look like Rosana Arquette in the 80s and the pikininis (children) would be well sorted!!

It's going to be interesting cruising the village in 6 months time to see the net effect of 16 containers of privately donated clothes look!

Needless to say this is all tongue in cheek and everything will be great fully received and live out a productive second life before migrating to the God of rags in the sky :-)
Old 04-16-2015, 07:12 AM
racoguy
Racer

Received 149 Likes on 82 Posts

Another 964 about to hit the road again, the one I've been repairing for a customer is just about complete. Collected it from compliance today, just waiting for the repair certifier to complete the last paper trail and 2 more headlight components to wait for from overseas.
Its been a fun little project and nice to bring it back instead of someone just parting it out, gone from working on that to starting a full resto on an E30 M3 which surprisingly is 99% rust free and never as much as a fender bender in its life.

Good thing is my hoist will be clear next week to start on my exhaust.
Old 04-16-2015, 08:26 AM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Moochier
Just discovered I can't run the R PDK on this dyno, buggar! Apparently if the front wheels aren't spinning relative to the rears it shuts the power down, even with psm off and ABS fuse pulled. They will only run on a linked 4wd dyno..... Anyone know of one of those in Auckland?
Not sure about the technicalities of 4wd dyno vs 2wd etc but Ruiterman's in Pukekohe and mike at reaction racing have 4wd dyno's
Old 04-16-2015, 08:39 AM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

you may be convincing yourself re the gt3 Paul? best not to look at the vid too much unless you decided
Old 04-16-2015, 01:55 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Was an interesting experience all right. The most abundant was children's clothes. Makes sense as the grow out of their wardrobes so fast. The next most abundant were woman's clothes. Some real doozies there including sequin push up bra and some borderline fashion weirdness. Makes sense as women generally have lots of stuff they don't wear in their closet as U.S. Men will attest. Men's stuff was as scarce as hens teeth, especially shoes. Goes to show they wear their threads till they are bare and "invest" their spare in beer, boating and other hobbies!

Interestingly if these were the only clothes the 60 recipients were to own in the whole world (a fact for some!) then the men would be wearing loin cloths, the women would look like Rosana Arquette in the 80s and the pikininis (children) would be well sorted!!

It's going to be interesting cruising the village in 6 months time to see the net effect of 16 containers of privately donated clothes look!

Needless to say this is all tongue in cheek and everything will be great fully received and live out a productive second life before migrating to the God of rags in the sky :-)
Keep yourself away from the fishnets Macca.
In that hot climate, I'd let you off with a mini skirt and some free balling.
Old 04-16-2015, 02:45 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by racoguy
Another 964 about to hit the road again, the one I've been repairing for a customer is just about complete. Collected it from compliance today, just waiting for the repair certifier to complete the last paper trail and 2 more headlight components to wait for from overseas.
Its been a fun little project and nice to bring it back instead of someone just parting it out, gone from working on that to starting a full resto on an E30 M3 which surprisingly is 99% rust free and never as much as a fender bender in its life.

Good thing is my hoist will be clear next week to start on my exhaust.
John, how do you handle compliance? Is there a specific person/team you go to that does repair certification?

Looking forward to seeing that GT3 exhaust mod as are a lot of people on Rennlist.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?