Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 05:29 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^ Enough of this talking houses crap.

My car finally left the painters today..............................
........................................................................ ........
........................................................................ .........
....................................... to go to the mechanics to get
a warrant and the ride height lifted (very hard thing to
request). Might get it back on Saturday morning............
Old 04-15-2015, 05:30 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Thesnowman
M
Running a dyno day on Sat at hampton downs so might run it up then if all works out.
Whats the dyno day - is this a mobile dyno?
Old 04-15-2015, 05:40 AM
Moochier
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My paint was shocking so didnt expect munch. They are great. Will email you tomorrow.

Not sure yet, havent really seen it in weeks haha. Hopefully back from cam belt tomorrow and then up on stands and wheels off to paint.

Running a dyno day on Sat at hampton downs so might run it up then if all works out.
Who's doing the dyno day, nzpt? Or have you moved on? Would be keen to get the Cayman on a dyno... Got any details?
Old 04-15-2015, 05:43 AM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
^^^ Enough of this talking houses crap.

My car finally left the painters today..............................
........................................................................ ........
........................................................................ .........
....................................... to go to the mechanics to get
a warrant and the ride height lifted (very hard thing to
request). Might get it back on Saturday morning............
good on ya Paul, forget the houses crap
Old 04-15-2015, 06:00 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by Maxem
Does anyone know why the Early 911 facebook page has gone closed group? I like to keep an eye on that every now and then but as you all know I plan to die before I get a FB account so I can no longer lurk. Is this just a case of bad luck - sign up fool, or has someone inadvertantly flicked a switch? Air cooled NZ is still open.
Must have been to stop lurkers I guess. Maybe they were getting commercial posts or some abusive comments etc. A closed group is a good way of managing this. Sign up and then you can be my friend :-)

^^^ Enough of this talking houses crap. My car finally left the painters today.............................. ........................................................................ ........ ........................................................................ ......... ....................................... to go to the mechanics to get a warrant and the ride height lifted (very hard thing to request). Might get it back on Saturday morning............
Wahoo, looking forward to celebrating this!!
Old 04-15-2015, 06:02 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts

Dave, create an interesting pseudonym and sign up. There's nothing to say it has to be a genuine account. We promise we won't tell anyone (better yet, don't tell us you've done it!).

So close Paul! The next few days will seem overly long I'm sure. Focus on property and it will fly by. When do we get to see it out on a weekend run?

Finally got my car back in fully working order, ready for the 28th. Needs a proper weekend run to make sure there are no immediate gremlins. Semi solid transmission mount inserts have dealt with the gearbox slushing about during aggressive weight shift, but has added a fair bit of cabin noise. Nothing overly annoying, but you can hear the engine and gearbox working a little clearer than before. I think it sounds great at the moment, but we'll see how I feel after driving to Wellington and back or some such. A relatively cheap experiment (US$150), as will be the Rennline motor mounts on order. All good fun.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:16 AM
O2GO
Drifting

So glad the harsh weather in the South Island didn't come when we were there over Easter.... Shiraz (Dave) who lives in Kaikoura sent me this message today....

Hi Doug, be happy you're not driving my coast today - you'd need a full immersion bath to wash the salt out. Water, seaweed n rocks across roads. 6-8 m swell

Here's a photo of the conditions when we came through last Tuesday. I think we were pretty lucky to avoid all this.
Attached Images  
Old 04-15-2015, 06:30 AM
Thesnowman
Intermediate

Whats the dyno day - is this a mobile dyno?

Private day. Rolling road. Happy to sort a Porsche day if people are keen
Old 04-15-2015, 06:32 AM
Thesnowman
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Moochier
Who's doing the dyno day, nzpt? Or have you moved on? Would be keen to get the Cayman on a dyno... Got any details?

At one of our dealers, Advanced Tuning And Performance

Still at NZPT, setting up our own Dyno room soon as I get time.

Might just have to sort a Porsche Dyno day in 4-6 weeks
Old 04-15-2015, 06:33 AM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by nzskater
You're more than welcome to borrow the Voigtlander any time. To be honest I don't use it all that much.

Lens options are vast for this system, so much so that it has created inaction in me buying more. I was offered a Leica M8 body at one point, but turned it down as I knew the real cost was yet to come.
Thanks Jake very kind of you. Honestly, i'm very happy with the 17

Originally Posted by John McM
Isn't that the truth with SLR cameras. The body is the razor whereas the lenses are the blades. There seems to be no end to types and quality. Not falling for that one again.
I've found its important to make a careful decision before committing to one system or another. Lenses are simply not always transferable between systems

Originally Posted by Maxem
Does anyone know why the Early 911 facebook page has gone closed group? I like to keep an eye on that every now and then but as you all know I plan to die before I get a FB account so I can no longer lurk. Is this just a case of bad luck - sign up fool, or has someone inadvertantly flicked a switch? Air cooled NZ is still open.
It was purposefully closed though i don't know why
Old 04-15-2015, 07:18 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...-874040246.htm

^^^^ hummmm, maybe just a wee bit too track focused? I'm in the market for a GT3 if anyone knows of a good one.
Old 04-15-2015, 07:48 AM
Moochier
Instructor

Might just have to sort a Porsche Dyno day in 4-6 weeks
Count me in.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:02 AM
mjharrisonnz
Instructor

Originally Posted by Nicon
Hi new to the site. Just found you had the Ferrari 412. The car has just been offered to me here in the UK. I'm a Kiwi based here in the motor industry. Can you let me know more about the car? Also have 2 991 GT3 RS available for delivery July/ August.
Email sent
Old 04-15-2015, 03:32 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...-874040246.htm

^^^^ hummmm, maybe just a wee bit too track focused? I'm in the market for a GT3 if anyone knows of a good one.
What are you going to do with the old girl?
Old 04-15-2015, 04:26 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 629 Likes on 370 Posts
Default Headlight refurbishment

A headlight reflector went bad while my Turbo 3.6 was in storage. Unable to find a way to repair it I bought two new ones. The old ones are now on Lola

Now I've learned there is a repairer, not in NZ, but likely still cheaper than buying new http://www.audettecollection.com/h4-refurbishment/

Last edited by John McM; 04-15-2015 at 04:56 PM.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?