Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 04:36 AM
964X33
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

John, Can't you PM Walter and not desecrate this sacred site with your filthy Honda talk?

Did anyone hear the sale price of the Cobalt Blue 964 Turbo? TM says it has sold. Just curious as the asking price in 2012 was $75K and Max was asking $135K.
Old 02-23-2015, 04:40 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by racoguy
You can make a speed bleeder for about 10 bucks.
No John, you can. We bumble along.
Old 02-23-2015, 05:19 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by O2GO
Paul, how much longer until your 993 hits the road again? Need you there for Lola's first post rebuild run mate!

Welcome new people to the madness :-D
I'd like to be there - would be very keen for a fun run on some Dougie Roads with a few of the crew.

I think it's about 3-4 weeks aways??

I going to have a look on Thursday to see progress......

Here's a photo of the girls with a healthy shade of brake dust on the rims. It was a good drive following you through these roads back to Queenstown........
Attached Images  
Old 02-23-2015, 05:24 AM
Leong72
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
Welcome. Now I know why you were asking about the bucket seats today! Forget what I said, they're really uncomfortable. Dang, I though I had a few more months before another Cayman used me as a road cone. Sports seats might hold you back...
LOL... Road Cone? Not you!! Reminds me of the Humber 80 in our group yesterday. I have some good video of him playing moving road cone for John B.

Think I'll get the buckets, you were pretty convincing

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
SITT brings back fond memories...............

I think this is my favorite car adventure to date:
It was pretty hard to top last year... 4 brilliant fine trackdays, but I'm doing it again this year as I can combine it with a previously planned trip south Hopefully meet more of you guys there

Originally Posted by Macca
Leong72 & Moochier. Welcome to the board. This is the gateway to drug addiction not recovery, be warned :-)

Leong. This isnt the Rennsport Gruppe board. That is a private board members only and locked down so not for public consumption. Its where we organise our track and road events, such as our annual North Island Track Tour and South Island one, Targa and fast road weekend and touring. If you wish to Join please PM Kiwi 911 (he is a committee member) and we will get the ball rolling. Same for Moochier. We are a Porsche only track group and we respect each others property and a a well bunch and fun group of b*strds LOL!

By the way congratulations on the GT4. You will not be alone. Myself and another will have one arriving in 2016 after our Rennsport Gruppe European Adventure. Yes, colour choice is hard isnt it. MY wife gets to chose this time so it will be the least hardcore of the three Porsches and our only Porsche without bucket seats!
Thanks for the info re Rennsport Gruppe. I'm definitely keen on track events - Things are quite different now compared to when I had my C2S. Weren't enough opportunities to take it on the track with insurance - I took to the track on the bike instead and sold the P car.

Pretty much decided on Sapphire Blue, Clubsport Package and bucket seats. Probably not PCCB having talked to a few guys about it yesterday, mainly for the potential ongoing costs. So red callipers, red belts and perhaps red stitching? The GT4 might become a daily driver in the city being so much smaller than the M5, as long as it's not too difficult to get in and out of.

Originally Posted by 996tnz
Leong72 and Chris (Moochier) - welcome aboard. Can't add much to Paul's prophecies of what the corrupting influence of the NZ Rennlisters will drag you into, but I look forward to riding shotgun as we find out.
Thanks....Quite happy to be "influenced"

Originally Posted by 993 Targa

Welcome to the forum new people, you'll quickly find it's tricky to keep up here, constant track talk, in Hondas!

Also reminds me that I forgot to mention we have got on the list for a GT4 also. Choosing the options now, it's not easy and some of them may need to be negotiated on price (Clubsport package!) but we shall see. Right now I'm thinking blue with some core track spec, even though it probably won't go there much, to expensive to not be worried about it, think I need me an Integra!
You're right about tricky keeping up, this is a very busy thread!

Congrats on the GT4, We could be twins on the track if you choose the Sapphire Blue! I think it's a little unfair they show the bucket seats in the ($8k) "Clubsport Package" photo on the catalogue, when it seems they're not included. Bucket seats are another $6k

Originally Posted by Macca
It will make a better track car than a road car IMO.
Hopefully be more fun than a two tonne M5
Old 02-23-2015, 05:28 AM
Spokes
Rennlist Member

Received 314 Likes on 145 Posts

Here's a photo of the girls with a healthy shade of brake dust on the rims. It was a good drive following you through these roads back to Queenstown........
Devils Staircase - I was there on Saturday, albeit on a bike!

S
Old 02-23-2015, 05:40 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Spokes
Devils Staircase - I was there on Saturday, albeit on a bike!

S
Spokes - we need some feedback and a video clip of the fabspeed and X pipe.

Would be interested in your throughts? Any notible performance gain? Noise quality?
Old 02-23-2015, 05:42 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Who could forget the SITT?
Old 02-23-2015, 06:21 AM
Moochier
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice - we will have you lowering the car, buying a set of track rim's, race pads and wanting a second or third Porsche in no time.

Welcome to the club
Thanks for the welcome guys, looking forward to fuelling this new addiction... Well not 'new' just new 'Porsche' addiction.

This is certainly a busy forum, do you lot sleep, work?

I'm already a few steps ahead... Already have a set of track rims, race pads and fluid, half cage etc... But not yet 2 or 3 Porsches! Better keep the influence coming?

What are a good set of semi slicks for the Cayman? Was thinking Pirelli tropheo's? What about the Hankooks or toyo's?

Def keen on getting it on the track ASAP... Might need some instruction for the first few sessions to get with the car as I'm coming from a 4wd, so the Cayman will be pretty different I'm sure.

Hey how do you add a signature on this forum, can't seem to find that function...

I'd better send that PM to get on the list!

Cheers
Old 02-23-2015, 11:29 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Leong72. The GT4 Clubsport option is a joke. 14K for seats and a tiny cage, harness and FE! I paid less than half that for Clubsport 003 option on the 991 GT3 and that includes the seats!

If I were you i would buy the Heigo bolt in cage from FVD here. Heigho make the nicest stuff and were OEM on Porsche. Have it painted body colour or something before you install. 8K is highway robbery for a half cage and belts. You could buy the heigo, import it, paint it fit it buy the schrothe belts for the driver and the FE for half the money they are asking and I swear it would look nicer.

http://www.fvd.de/us/en/Porsche-0/Ca...rness_bar.html

The buckets sure look sexy and Im jealous. However the wife is right. Bucket madness has to stop somewhere.

SB should look good. The red stitching will set it off nicely. If its for track save yourself 16K as the steelies are better and will be cheaper to run. Steel discs/pads are expensive enough for the GT3/4 as it stands. Im disappointed with the GT4 colours. I was on the GT3 too however I always knew i wanted white for that car. For the GT4 would have been nice to have more non metallic colours. GT cars should be jelly bean colours (reds, blues, yellows, greens, even Pinks!). Make sure you add option 78 for leather/alancatara otherwise you end up with vinyl on dash, door caps and centre console and loose the brushed alloy trim on the doors.

If you want to see some of the PAG dealer brochure I posted some screen shots of it on the GT4 thread (991 GT3 board).
Attached Images  
Old 02-23-2015, 11:59 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

John. Great stuff. That brought back some memories. Didn't we have a wonderful time!

Anyone in for next year join RSG. Ill be posting a thread on getting a group together for 2016 soon. Looks like plenty of interest so reaching 10 will be no issue.

Paul. Getting the 993 back will be like buying a new car again. Make sure you get it out and take it for a drive before winter comes.
Old 02-23-2015, 01:09 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

It was a great trip Macca. Doug and I were well travelled before we joined up with the bigger group at Hanmer.

Last edited by John McM; 02-23-2015 at 01:48 PM.
Old 02-23-2015, 01:53 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Moochier
Thanks for the welcome guys, looking forward to fuelling this new addiction... Well not 'new' just new 'Porsche' addiction. This is certainly a busy forum, do you lot sleep, work? I'm already a few steps ahead... Already have a set of track rims, race pads and fluid, half cage etc... But not yet 2 or 3 Porsches! Better keep the influence coming? What are a good set of semi slicks for the Cayman? Was thinking Pirelli tropheo's? What about the Hankooks or toyo's? Def keen on getting it on the track ASAP... Might need some instruction for the first few sessions to get with the car as I'm coming from a 4wd, so the Cayman will be pretty different I'm sure. Hey how do you add a signature on this forum, can't seem to find that function... I'd better send that PM to get on the list! Cheers
Which Cayman have you bought? Hankook Z221s were my favourite tyre on the 964 but they don't come in sizes bigger than 18". Next choice would be the 888. The GT3 guys use them at HD. I need 19".

As for board activity. Macca works on his tan and I read documents for 8 hours a day so micro pauses as the iPhone app notifications come through of posts make it look busier than it is.
Old 02-23-2015, 03:21 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Moochier
Thanks for the welcome guys, looking forward to fuelling this new addiction... Well not 'new' just new 'Porsche' addiction.

This is certainly a busy forum, do you lot sleep, work?

I'm already a few steps ahead... Already have a set of track rims, race pads and fluid, half cage etc... But not yet 2 or 3 Porsches! Better keep the influence coming?

What are a good set of semi slicks for the Cayman? Was thinking Pirelli tropheo's? What about the Hankooks or toyo's?

Def keen on getting it on the track ASAP... Might need some instruction for the first few sessions to get with the car as I'm coming from a 4wd, so the Cayman will be pretty different I'm sure.

Hey how do you add a signature on this forum, can't seem to find that function...

I'd better send that PM to get on the list!

Cheers
Welcome - tell us more about the Cayman (981/987?) - pics always appreciated. Reading your post I have a suspicion it may be black, with silver accents, Milltek exhaust.... am I close?
Old 02-23-2015, 03:25 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Welcome - tell us more about the Cayman (981/987?) - pics always appreciated. Reading your post I have a suspicion it may be black, with silver accents, Milltek exhaust.... am I close?
It's just clicked, a wait plus all if the fruit already on the car.

I feel your pain but as Paul would say, "let it go"

I suddenly feel the need for a set of 221s on 18" rims etc. we just need to tie up the third R within the group and we have the market cornered. Where is that one?
Attached Images  
Old 02-23-2015, 03:27 PM
Moochier
Instructor

Which Cayman have you bought? Hankook Z221s were my favourite tyre on the 964 but they don't come in sizes bigger than 18". Next choice would be the 888. The GT3 guys use them at HD. I need 19".

As for board activity. Macca works on his tan and I read documents for 8 hours a day so micro pauses as the iPhone app notifications come through of posts make it look busier than it is.
I picked up a Cayman R from CCS. Already has a bunch of stuff on it. It's purely a track toy, although it's still very drivable as a street car.... For now. Keen to do teargas, track days and events that don't require homologation.

My track wheels are 18" but I'm not sure what size tyres I'm after as I havn't picked up the car yet and haven't researched. Anyone can jump in here and shed some light...I had spoken to the dealer about Pirelli and given they are being thrown in I might not get to change that if they have already secured some. Will call them today and see if I can get Hankooks or R888's instead.

Ha, I think I'd prefer to be working on my tan too, I work with about 80 women... So this is to keep me sane!

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?