Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 10:05 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by Spokes
John, Appreciate if you let me know how you go with your scissors lift investigation or two post lift (there is a portable one too). It is on my list to install one. Steve
Seems to be a reasonable choice. Just need a 100mm reinforced concrete floor. I like the portable hoist better than the scissor lift given they both have the same floor requirements.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:10 PM
Spokes
Rennlist Member

Received 314 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
Seems to be a reasonable choice. Just need a 100mm reinforced concrete floor. I like the portable hoist better than the scissor lift given they both have the same floor requirements.
Agree, and you can get to almost the whole under side easier.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:36 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Frig this last week has been a fun roller coaster. Havent heard the H word for a long time either so its looking good ;-P

Curse it havent I?
Old 12-10-2014, 12:02 AM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Frig this last week has been a fun roller coaster. Havent heard the H word for a long time either so its looking good ;-P

Curse it havent I?
Withdrawal symptoms? Maybe it's just that no-one thought to list them at 150K!

Pete's efforts are a hard act to follow, but the H weapons will roll into battle again this weekend.
Old 12-10-2014, 12:14 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 996tnz
Might not be Rennlist's fault.

TLDR version: just stop holding the camera upside down
You are a mine of info Walter!
Old 12-10-2014, 12:50 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

LOL! I could also change my name to something like....Max! Joking. The idea has crossed my mind many times. I probably have the connections and some of the experience (in a reverse manner), but it wouldnt make a good living. More a passion. The numbers we are talking about are very small, the NZ vendors a tough bunch and the wealthy offshore buyers even more so. Ive looked at the margin calcs and to make it bearable for both buyer and seller parties (10%) its borderline. I see why the guys who make good from it like the guy I know in Monaco I mentioned only touch the heavy metal. 500K plus at 5% plus dispersements and it starts to work. The thing is the real margin is in doing it from NZ would be in buying the cars and exporting them yourself. Just need a strong network on the other side. Certainly something I may foster when in UK next and the working capital isnt too much of an issue. If you see me starting to buy 3.3T on TM in the next few years you will know whats up ;-)
Good to know the brokering rate. When do you want my account number?
Old 12-10-2014, 01:02 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Had a look today. Stunning colour in the real.
Attached Images  
Old 12-10-2014, 01:03 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Attached Images  
Old 12-10-2014, 01:08 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Very nice Dave. You are going to be easy to spot in a crowd!

Jamie do you take RS engine mounts as currency?
Old 12-10-2014, 03:48 AM
PHG
Racer

Originally Posted by 996tnz
Might not be Rennlist's fault.

I spent some time recently looking into this problem for another iPerson. IIRC, the bottom line is that iPhones are like digital cameras in that they record the orientation of the photo at the time you snap it, but unlike Android phones, they do it as as a function of the iPhone's orientation rather than the direction of gravity. So if you hold your iPhone 'upside down' your photo is tagged to be 'this way up' (upside down). This allows creative Apple effects like your ceiling hugging cars, which would normally need post-processing - ie flipping - to achieve with most Android phone cams. Increasing the potential for confusion, i believe recent iPhones have the official 'shutter' button on 'top', but can also allow the button on the opposite side to trigger the camera, making it easy to inadvertently use it when held upside down.

As you noticed John, even if the pic is later flipped in some 3rd party editor it can still retain Apple's original 'this way up' flag, which some software still respects. Really annoying - even more so with videos, where a 'fixed' video may show fine on PC but not back on an Apple device for instance. Hampton laps look quite different upside down.

iExperts probably know more about it and apparently there are some apps that can correct the upside photos/videos automatically. Easiest though is probably to just assign a different function to the iPhone's 'false' shutter button, leaving just the proper button active.

TLDR version: just stop holding the camera upside down
If you got photoshop turn it over and save it in that..It will stay right way up then
Old 12-10-2014, 04:59 AM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by PHG
If you got photoshop turn it over and save it in that..It will stay right way up then
Or if you havn't got PS you could use an online or native app like pixlr
Old 12-10-2014, 05:50 AM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

http://www.ferdinandmagazine.com/car...he-ice-driving

Take a read of this. My dates in January locked in now. Could be rubbing bumpers with Carlos Sainz, Adrian Newey?? who knows. Should be fun fun fun.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:54 AM
Obsessed
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

RSG group may become a reflection of these times, in a few years perhaps only Steve will be circulating in 20+ year old machinery whilst the balance will be water pumpers. Michael will have his day in the sun yet LOL!
Oh yes. In 5 years I'll have the track to myself -- everyone else will spend the day in pitlane with toothbrushes and white gloves, cleaning off the dirt from the drive there. In 10 years collectors will be going crazy over the combination of raw power and unbridled 80s sex appeal that is the 944 and I'll sell my car ("One careful lady owner. Never been tracked. Never been intimate with the walls at HD turns 1 and 10" etc etc.) and retire. Better buy a 944 now while you can afford one, gentlemen!
Old 12-10-2014, 06:25 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Obsessed
Oh yes. In 5 years I'll have the track to myself -- everyone else will spend the day in pitlane with toothbrushes and white gloves, cleaning off the dirt from the drive there. In 10 years collectors will be going crazy over the combination of raw power and unbridled 80s sex appeal that is the 944 and I'll sell my car advertising it on Trade me for $150,000 ("One careful lady owner. Never been tracked. Never been intimate with the walls at HD turns 1 and 10" etc etc.) and retire. Better buy a 944 now while you can afford one, gentlemen!
Mike Ive amended it for you above :-)
Old 12-10-2014, 03:46 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by gt38088
http://www.ferdinandmagazine.com/car...he-ice-driving Take a read of this. My dates in January locked in now. Could be rubbing bumpers with Carlos Sainz, Adrian Newey?? who knows. Should be fun fun fun.
Very envious! Is on my bucket list, but waiting for my father to peel himself away from work so I can get him out at the same time. Hope you take a camera and/or a GoPro so we can live vicariously.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?