Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 06:58 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Another for the bucket list...
Baby steps - I'm quite keen on Rennsport in Aussie, so can we get a crew together for a 2 day weekend.

There must be people in the Porsche club going??
Old 03-14-2013, 07:13 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by PHG
Ignorance here..does the scantool interogate the car computor. I get an oil pressure indicator fail every now and then..seems to clear itself..I think its just the sender
The freeware link on http://www.bergvillfx.com/products.html leads to a zip file which includes the error suite.

Basically, the errors are limited in scope, which isn't surprising given the ages of the cars. Oil pressure isn't on the list.

What car are you running PHG? This system is for 968, 964 and 993.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:25 AM
PHG
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

996TT..the toy Paul drooled over
Old 03-14-2013, 08:01 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Phil. You need an OBDII reader. Your issue sounds like faulty sender. To read your ECU you need something like the Actron CP9180 unit below. I have a brand new one I never used if you decide you need one.....

There you go Peter something else from the man cave!

PS. Im not sure but I dont think the OBDII scanner can diagnose the oil pressure sender but you may want to do your own research....
Attached Images  
Old 03-14-2013, 08:06 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Paul. I have no idea if PCNZ are organizing this. Truth be told I don't rely on them for much. Found it better or organise myself. You could drop Dave Mackrel and email and enquire....president@porsche.org.nz
Old 03-14-2013, 02:49 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

There you go Peter something else from the man cave!
Small matter of needing a 996T to go with it...
Old 03-14-2013, 05:13 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PHG
996TT..the toy Paul drooled over
Phil, forum rules. You need to post pics. Particularly so we can acknowledge you if we see you on the road. I'm in the Eastern Bays so see a lot of Porsches around, but don't make a habit of waving unless its an older car.

BTW guys, the Blue 964 Turbo is cruising my patch right now. Got excited that it was an unknown Turbo 3.6 to document but Carjam shows it as a 1992 model.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:20 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by peterC2S
I wouldn't have been far behind if I hadn't just puller the trigger on a 2nd set
Nice set of wheels, but I think my future is in 18's as I have a set of shoes to go on them.

Btw Macca, the only thing wrong with my C4 is a leaking oil line that emptied my oil tank. It will be simple to fix so I will almost certainly take it to the track. What will be delayed are actioning all of the suggestions to date as I won't have time to get it to Peter Alder or a mechanic. I will be out there at SUV height on Indonesian rubber with old brake fluid. I will definitely look to be last out the in the group.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:34 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

That's good to know John. Look forward to having some fun on the 29th...
Old 03-14-2013, 06:22 PM
PHG
Racer

Hi John, tried to place pic but wasn't allowed until I had paid..Had a bad experience with Paypal so wouldn't give them detail. I will see if there is another way I can send them USD direct. Mark, thanks for the input re OB1Kenobe..How muchly, and where can I see this man cave of yours, sounds like the biggest store outside of Stutgaard.. I think I need spare set of wheels and track tyres too, as Paul rightly pointed out. Of course, I had hardly heated them up, but he is a much better driver and gave the P Zeros a good workout..
Old 03-14-2013, 06:40 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Baby steps - I'm quite keen on Rennsport in Aussie, so can we get a crew together for a 2 day weekend.

There must be people in the Porsche club going??
I would have been keen but just got permission for the annual Super 15 boys trip to Wtgn/Chch the weekend before so leave pass unlikely to be granted 2 weeks in a row.... (I know, probably a yellow (man) card offence.)

Now if anyone is keen for the Austin F1 in November I'd be a probable starter..?
Old 03-14-2013, 07:13 PM
jsivvy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by John McM
Phil, forum rules. You need to post pics. Particularly so we can acknowledge you if we see you on the road. I'm in the Eastern Bays so see a lot of Porsches around, but don't make a habit of waving unless its an older car.

BTW guys, the Blue 964 Turbo is cruising my patch right now. Got excited that it was an unknown Turbo 3.6 to document but Carjam shows it as a 1992 model.
That was my blue 3.3, remember passing a 3.6 around Orakei and came on here to look who it belonged to - seems you! Am over in Kohi so also E Bays located. Think I also saw you taking pics of the white 964 on Melanesia a couple weeks ago (I'd also looked at the same car on Trademe before buying the turbo). Fairly new to NZ, but still always amazed how small it is at times.
Attached Images  
Old 03-14-2013, 07:50 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Paul. I have no idea if PCNZ are organizing this. Truth be told I don't rely on them for much. Found it better or organise myself. You could drop Dave Mackrel and email and enquire....president@porsche.org.nz
Emailed Dave, looks like the Porsche Club are arranging a travel package to go over.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:50 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jsivvy
That was my blue 3.3, remember passing a 3.6 around Orakei and came on here to look who it belonged to - seems you! Am over in Kohi so also E Bays located. Think I also saw you taking pics of the white 964 on Melanesia a couple weeks ago (I'd also looked at the same car on Trademe before buying the turbo). Fairly new to NZ, but still always amazed how small it is at times.
With regards to how small NZ is, as Mustafa said in the Lion King, “you have no idea”! The Trademe ad details for your car will have been recorded, the presence in mechanic and/or paint and panel workshops noted, plus any driving antics shared. You are not alone, whether you like it or not, but then it’s pretty hard to go incognito in a Porsche  The upside is that there is a Community to support ownership, particularly of the older cars.

I live in Melanesia Rd, next to where I was spotted taking photos There are eight Porsches in that I know of in the Road: 964 Cup, 964 C4 [mine], Turbo 3.6 [mine], 993 Manual, 993 Tip, 996TT Tip [mine], Cayenne and a Cayman.

I often do a ‘circuit’ of the Bays on Sundays. Cruise around the Waterfront then up Ngapipi Road [the Turbo 3.6 loves the curves], followed by Kepa Rd [good boost hill]. That seems to keep the cars in good fettle, and batteries charged. It sounds like I will see you around the traps. If you’re free on 29 March, we’re off to Hampton Downs. I didn’t drive last time, but still had a good time watching.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:26 PM
jsivvy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by John McM
With regards to how small NZ is, as Mustafa said in the Lion King, “you have no idea”!
And your point is further driven home. I live on Melanesia Rd as well, so add a 964 3.3 Turbo to that list. I've also been doing a similar loop to you, great minds I guess. Supposed to drive to Tauranga this weekend to drop off our Golf tdi for mother-in-law to use, so will be the turbo's first long run since I picked it up two weeks ago.
Have previous commitments on the 29th but am very keen to make it out to HD at some point. Certainly a car that I don't want to test the limits of on a public road.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?