Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 01:15 PM
911topanamera
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by njpanamera
Thanks for clarifying. The manner in which Porsche has handled this has been beyond ridiculous. I never actually got word from Porsche on the delay in delivery. At each stage, it is I who have had to inquire where the car is and I was flat out turned down by my NJ dealer when I asked for a loaner, even though I paid in full back in August. I have asked for a refund, but even that has not been honored - they seem to be stalling at every step, taking weeks to respond to each inquiry when it should be an immediate response. If this is not resolved this week, I will probably have to start looking at legal options. Truly disgraceful for a premium brand.
I definitely understand your frustration nj. My car has been sitting at port since December and my dealer did not provide me with a loaner due to low service vehicles. However, I currently have a 911 lease that I was pulling ahead out of for the ehybrid. They said they would forgive all over milage and even changed my tires to winter tires for free. Not sure your situation, but maybe your dealer could at least provide this.

It will be pretty entertaining to see this forum overrun by ehybrid pics once everyone takes delivery.. if that ever happens.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:28 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Help Identifying problems experienced thus far please?? So I'm thinking I'd like to have a list of all the problems the European Panamera 4 E-Hybrid owners have experienced thus far. I know a few of them from reading previous posts from AJ, Thorfun, etc. Here are the ones I'm aware of:
1. Fuel door and battery charge door sticking or not opening at all.
2. Check engine light coming on and staying on.
3. Read a couple of postings indicating power steering went out while driving - this one is really scary. Haven't heard about the fix yet??
4. I believe someone had a problem with the headliner near the rear doors?
5. Navigation system losing contact with GPS? Not sure how serious this one was??

Those are the ones I remember thus far. Please send any others I should be aware of to check when/if I finally pick up my car. I'd like to have a check list and want to include all problems, no matter how insignificant they might be. Thanks.
Old 01-15-2018, 02:16 PM
njpanamera
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 911topanamera
I definitely understand your frustration nj. My car has been sitting at port since December and my dealer did not provide me with a loaner due to low service vehicles. However, I currently have a 911 lease that I was pulling ahead out of for the ehybrid. They said they would forgive all over milage and even changed my tires to winter tires for free. Not sure your situation, but maybe your dealer could at least provide this.

It will be pretty entertaining to see this forum overrun by ehybrid pics once everyone takes delivery.. if that ever happens.
Not sure if yours was European delivery too (i.e. full payment up front) - If you have not paid in full, you have the advantage of being able to back out and get back your deposit. Those of us who did European Delivery do not have that option, although Porsche should do the right thing and refund our money. I had committed to sell my previous vehicle in November based on the Porsche delivery in October. I am thus without a car since November and all that Porsche has given me so far is an email promising to cover a nominal dollars per day for a rental. That amount basically gets me an econobox, although Porsche is sitting on my full payment since August.
I have sent a message to info@porsche.de, but they simply sent back a response saying that it will be referred to PCNA. Back to square one.
Old 01-15-2018, 06:04 PM
lverheul
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty
5. Navigation system losing contact with GPS? Not sure how serious this one was.
My business partner and I just took Delivery of out ST e-hybrids. He has the sat nav issue you mentioned
Old 01-15-2018, 08:45 PM
appenzell
Track Day

Not sure if yours was European delivery too (i.e. full payment up front) - If you have not paid in full, you have the advantage of being able to back out and get back your deposit. Those of us who did European Delivery do not have that option, although Porsche should do the right thing and refund our money. I had committed to sell my previous vehicle in November based on the Porsche delivery in October. I am thus without a car since November and all that Porsche has given me so far is an email promising to cover a nominal dollars per day for a rental. That amount basically gets me an econobox, although Porsche is sitting on my full payment since August.
I have sent a message to info@porsche.de, but they simply sent back a response saying that it will be referred to PCNA. Back to square one.
You didnt send the message in German?
Old 01-15-2018, 11:17 PM
njpanamera
Track Day

Originally Posted by appenzell
You didnt send the message in German?
Funny you should mention that - I'm actually a native German speaker (grew up in Austria), but sent the message in English. The response came in both German and English and simply said it would be referred to the local distributor. I need to figure out a way to get higher up the chain in Porsche Germany.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:09 AM
KW411
Advanced

nkpanamera

That's a standard computer generated message. I got the same message when I wrote to Porsche CEO and cc info@porsche.de
Old 01-16-2018, 04:47 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Saratoga - I can feel the frustration emanating from the computer screen!

The one thing I would insist on is that all updates have been applied - there are 3 hours worth that I know of at least. Otherwise...it's a phenomenal car, try and look forward to it.

I had the pleasure of driving a Turbo S 911 and the E-Hybrid at the Porsche experience centre and really thought that I would leave devising a plan to get back into a 911. But no...it kept up with everything on the handling circuit (driven by inferior drivers of course ) but is infinitely more luxurious inside. The Turbo S is a mighty thing but would get the GTS and push the dealer constantly for a GT3 instead...it is not a £150l + car. The 2019 911 may of course be a different story

Off topic but wanted to share.
Old 01-16-2018, 01:43 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by ajriches01

The one thing I would insist on is that all updates have been applied - there are 3 hours worth that I know of at least. Otherwise...it's a phenomenal car, try and look forward to it.

I had the pleasure of driving a Turbo S 911 and the E-Hybrid at the Porsche experience centre and really thought that I would leave devising a plan to get back into a 911. But no...it kept up with everything on the handling circuit (driven by inferior drivers of course ) but is infinitely more luxurious inside. The Turbo S is a mighty thing but would get the GTS and push the dealer constantly for a GT3 instead...it is not a £150l + car. The 2019 911 may of course be a different story

Off topic but wanted to share.

Good input on the updates! I won't assume the Dealer would automatically install them so I will make sure to ask in advance. Thanks,

SL
Old 01-16-2018, 03:06 PM
wmfrog
AutoX

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty
Good input on the updates! I won't assume the Dealer would automatically install them so I will make sure to ask in advance. Thanks,

SL
Originally Posted by ajriches01

Is there a way to tell if these updates have been done, like firmware versions or something?
Old 01-17-2018, 04:35 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am sure there is but someone more technical would need to opine
Old 01-18-2018, 08:32 PM
hueydumps
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

Got a long VM from Porsche NA today about the delay, they wanted to make sure I got the email about the delay and the offer of pre paid maint and $2500. No real new info but was wondering if anyone talked live to them and found out more intel. I’ll try to get someone live tomorrow.
Old 01-21-2018, 02:50 PM
911topanamera
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

I wonder with the gov shutdown if it will delay the process even more.. so annoying.
Old 01-26-2018, 07:23 PM
appenzell
Track Day

Funny you should mention that - I'm actually a native German speaker (grew up in Austria), but sent the message in English. The response came in both German and English and simply said it would be referred to the local distributor. I need to figure out a way to get higher up the chain in Porsche Germany.
Did you ever hear back from them?
Old 01-28-2018, 01:59 AM
njpanamera
Track Day

Originally Posted by appenzell
Did you ever hear back from them?
Not directly from Germany, but I also contacted people higher up in the chain at PCNA and they were ultimately helpful in locating a loaner for me.

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread