Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 06:56 PM
appenzell
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by njpanamera
Thanks for clarifying. The manner in which Porsche has handled this has been beyond ridiculous. I never actually got word from Porsche on the delay in delivery. At each stage, it is I who have had to inquire where the car is and I was flat out turned down by my NJ dealer when I asked for a loaner, even though I paid in full back in August. I have asked for a refund, but even that has not been honored - they seem to be stalling at every step, taking weeks to respond to each inquiry when it should be an immediate response. If this is not resolved this week, I will probably have to start looking at legal options. Truly disgraceful for a premium brand.
Same thing here. Never got any notification via mail, email or phone at all times I learned about the delays here on this forum. At one point they sent me a survey that I completed with the worst scores possible and that triggered that they reached out to me. I think because we already paid we have a different order status and consistently fall between the cracks. Its totally embarrassing how Porsche handles such a mess they caused themselves. I now regret that I paid it all in cash back in June and didn't lease the car with them. So disappointed..... I wonder how many of us are out there that did ED, paid for the car and are checking this forum over and over for updates.
Old 01-13-2018, 07:02 PM
njpanamera
Track Day

Originally Posted by appenzell
Same thing here. Never got any notification via mail, email or phone at all times I learned about the delays here on this forum. At one point they sent me a survey that I completed with the worst scores possible and that triggered that they reached out to me. I think because we already paid we have a different order status and consistently fall between the cracks. Its totally embarrassing how Porsche handles such a mess they caused themselves. I now regret that I paid it all in cash back in June and didn't lease the car with them. So disappointed..... I wonder how many of us are out there that did ED, paid for the car and are checking this forum over and over for updates.
Exactly, the only information I get is from online forums. Absolutely nothing from Porsche. I'm pretty sure they are in violation of consumer laws at this point - six months since I paid in full.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:16 PM
P-Drooler
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, I feel horrible for those of you that paid in full and are getting no news or accommodation. I wonder how much is Porsche corporate's fault and how much is the dealership's fault? I am in the Midwest and I know that my dealership has provided an appropriate loaner vehicle to at least one customer in the same situation. Maybe dealerships on the coasts think they have a bigger pool of potential customers and could care less. It's disappointing if Porsche corporate is just saying "hear no evil...".
Old 01-13-2018, 10:30 PM
njpanamera
Track Day

Originally Posted by P-Drooler
Wow, I feel horrible for those of you that paid in full and are getting no news or accommodation. I wonder how much is Porsche corporate's fault and how much is the dealership's fault? I am in the Midwest and I know that my dealership has provided an appropriate loaner vehicle to at least one customer in the same situation. Maybe dealerships on the coasts think they have a bigger pool of potential customers and could care less. It's disappointing if Porsche corporate is just saying "hear no evil...".
Thanks for sharing this information. So far, it would seem that my central NJ dealer is the only one that has refused to provide a loaner vehicle, even though they have had my full payment for six months. I have appealed to PCNA, but they have done little other than say that they will work on the case.
Old 01-14-2018, 07:19 AM
soCali
Track Day

I am in Socal, and they provided me with a base Macan. Its only worth about half the price of my order, but It does seem like I am going to be keeping it until may, so I dont have any complaints about that.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:30 AM
Zetta
Racer

Received 304 Likes on 100 Posts

Is there any alterative for such a great car as the Panamera E-Hybrid in this class? Talk to your dealer about a loaner to bridge the time. I would also pay a little for this time, as it is difficult for the dealers to get every waiting guy who has ordered a Panamera, a Porsche loaner at no cost. What would you do in this situation? Its not dealers fault, its the fault of some stupid law, which lets your car stay in a port. In Europe the delivery time is about 8 weeks at this moment.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:25 AM
njpanamera
Track Day

Originally Posted by Zetta
Is there any alterative for such a great car as the Panamera E-Hybrid in this class? Talk to your dealer about a loaner to bridge the time. I would also pay a little for this time, as it is difficult for the dealers to get every waiting guy who has ordered a Panamera, a Porsche loaner at no cost. What would you do in this situation? Its not dealers fault, its the fault of some stupid law, which lets your car stay in a port. In Europe the delivery time is about 8 weeks at this moment.
This is not about "every waiting guy who has ordered a Panamera". This is about those few who did European delivery and thus PAID IN FULL. I paid the FULL amount for my car in August and Porsche has not delivered. The dealer has not taken responsibility and put me in a Porsche. They have not even been forthcoming with information at any stage - it is I who had to ask where my car is and why it is not here yet. I have asked for my money back, but that has not been honored. Given that, the least they could do is put me in a Porsche loaner and offer compensation for the depreciation in value that the car is taking.
While the law may not be the fault of Porsche, the dealer took full responsibility when they took my total payment and promised to deliver the car. If they cannot deliver, they need to return the money or provide a reasonable alternative. Judging by the responses on the forum so far, all the others in my situation have been provided loaners by their dealer. That leaves my central NJ dealer as the only one who did not do the bare minimum.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:40 AM
Zetta
Racer

What delivery time incl. reserve is in your contract?

Did you tell your written words to the dealet?
Old 01-14-2018, 11:00 AM
njpanamera
Track Day

What delivery time incl. reserve is in your contract?

Did you tell your written words to the dealet?
The way European delivery works is that you pay in full and Porsche delivers the car at the factory in Germany. You then drive it in Europe for a couple of weeks and drop it off. Porsche ships the car to your dealer and it arrives 4-8 weeks layer, depending on your location in the US. Mine was due here in October. I have done European delivery with the other premium German brands virtually every year for many years. They are all much better about keeping their customers informed.
In this instance, Porsche never even informed me that the car will be delayed. I found out through the online forums. Since they cannot deliver as promised, they have the obligation to provide a reasonable alternative or return the money that they have held onto for the last six months. Offering no information and continuously stalling is unacceptable.
Old 01-14-2018, 11:54 AM
Zetta
Racer

Ok, now I understand. I think you should email your story to
Porsche Germany.
Old 01-14-2018, 12:00 PM
njpanamera
Track Day

Ok, now I understand. I think you should email your story to
Porsche Germany.
That is a good idea, so far I have dealt only with my dealer and PCNA. Does anyone have a relevant contact at Porsche headquarters in Germany?
Old 01-14-2018, 01:08 PM
Zetta
Racer

Write to: info@porsche.de
Old 01-14-2018, 05:00 PM
sriklin
Intermediate

I wanted to share some positive news for those of you who are not subject to CARB testing. I am in Texas, so as you might guess, Texas could care less about CARB.
The good news is that my dealer believes that the EPA testing is complete, and that delivery of the cars that have been sitting in Galveston may be sooner than March. A Cayenne and a non-hybrid Turismo showed up this week. I will keep you posted as to what happens.
Old 01-15-2018, 02:36 AM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by sriklin
I wanted to share some positive news for those of you who are not subject to CARB testing. I am in Texas, so as you might guess, Texas could care less about CARB.
The good news is that my dealer believes that the EPA testing is complete, and that delivery of the cars that have been sitting in Galveston may be sooner than March. A Cayenne and a non-hybrid Turismo showed up this week. I will keep you posted as to what happens.
I really hope you will receive your E-Hybrid soon. I know once the EPA is done we are only talking a couple of weeks for the CARB certification!
Old 01-15-2018, 04:22 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I cannot believe that you have to pay £100k for a car more than a few days before the keys are in your hand. Never mind with a 5 month delay!! I am not sure I appreciate the logic of having to pay full sticker upon order - you certainly do not in the UK, even if you opt for the factory experience. I'd say go and appoint a lawyer to fire a shot across their bow, but then you'll probably never be able to buy a Porsche again!

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread