Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 05:42 PM
911topanamera
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Good news, PFS got back to me and the e-hybrid tax credit is now official. I posted the link below. This is great news, now if my car would only come..

My delivery date is Dec 15th, although Im skeptical given the epa/carb nonsense. I guess we'll see.

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/30d-n...th-america-inc
Old 10-23-2017, 05:51 PM
dave2020
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by 911topanamera
Good news, PFS got back to me and the e-hybrid tax credit is now official. I posted the link below. This is great news, now if my car would only come..

My delivery date is Dec 15th, although Im skeptical given the epa/carb nonsense. I guess we'll see.

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/30d-n...th-america-inc
Is this only for business use of the vehicle? Or can you claim on personal taxes?
Old 10-24-2017, 12:48 AM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

This is a tax credit for everyone who buys the car. Basically like an additional discount!! Assuming you get your car this year you can take the credit when you file your 2018 tax return. If it slips over past Jan 1, then you will have to wait until 2019 to take the credit!! Hopefully Porsche will get it's act together and submit the required paperwork to the EPA and CARB immediately. My car still sitting in San Diego Port since 9/15!!
Old 10-24-2017, 12:49 AM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

I meant to say 2017 tax return!!
Old 10-25-2017, 12:30 PM
lverheul
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Looking forward to my Sport Turismo E-Hybrid

I have been lurking a bit in this topic, as I am looking forward to the delivery of my sport turismo in January. It will be my DD, coming over from a Tesla S. Build quality and range issues being the main reasons. Not new to Porsche, have a 964 weekender.

Specs are truffle brown over white. Can't wait!

Old 10-26-2017, 05:34 AM
thorfun
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lverheul
I have been lurking a bit in this topic, as I am looking forward to the delivery of my sport turismo in January. It will be my DD, coming over from a Tesla S. Build quality and range issues being the main reasons. Not new to Porsche, have a 964 weekender.

Specs are truffle brown over white. Can't wait!
very nice! you're going to love it. i test drove the Tesla S and despite it being very nice the quality of the Porsche was vastly superior.

i hope the next few months whiz by for you as it's the waiting that's the killer!

ps. those blacked out sports tail pipes are awesome! i wish they were available when i got mine.
Old 10-26-2017, 08:32 AM
lverheul
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Suspense is killing indeed. The thing I will miss about the Tesla is the autopilot. Great on boring motorway drives; also the auto software update is something other manufacturers should implement.

Back on topic: passed the Porsche importer's main dealership on the way to a meeting; they had 2 sport turismo's in the flesh/steel... Really another confirmation that buying this car from the brochure was a good choice!

Old 10-26-2017, 09:04 AM
thorfun
Racer

Originally Posted by lverheul
Suspense is killing indeed. The thing I will miss about the Tesla is the autopilot. Great on boring motorway drives; also the auto software update is something other manufacturers should implement.

Back on topic: passed the Porsche importer's main dealership on the way to a meeting; they had 2 sport turismo's in the flesh/steel... Really another confirmation that buying this car from the brochure was a good choice!
the Sports Tourismo is growing on me! when i first saw it i wasn't that taken by it but the more pictures i see the more i can appreciate it. i'm more than happy with my car though.

i have the Porsche Innodrive and, although it's not Tesla's autopilot, it does help in traffic and on the motorway up to certain speeds.
Old 10-27-2017, 07:08 AM
thorfun
Racer

Originally Posted by ajriches01
Thor - I finally heard back from the service manager who confirmed what you told me. They let the car think it is awaiting a different service in X miles (or something like this) which apparently does not have the same fault associated with it. Taking her in first weekend of November.

@@ajriches01 - My car went in yesterday to have the fix done and I no longer have the annoying notification!

they also performed a couple of software updates (i've asked if I can know what they fix and am waiting a response) and I'm also waiting a few parts to fix a couple of the other niggling issues I've had.

Since the update my seat now moves back when i open the car door to allow me a more comfortable entrance. I don't remember it doing that before so it must've been part of the update (unless the technician enabled it for me without telling me!)
Old 10-30-2017, 05:35 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the heads-up, how long did it take? Mine is booked for Saturday morning but I am currently dragging my 14 month and mother along which may not be fair...

Shame the instrument binnacles don't show Media though still I assume?

I thought Innodrive + Lane Change Assist was a slightly less sophisticated Tesla product?
Old 10-30-2017, 05:41 AM
thorfun
Racer

Originally Posted by ajriches01
Thanks for the heads-up, how long did it take? Mine is booked for Saturday morning but I am currently dragging my 14 month and mother along which may not be fair...

Shame the instrument binnacles don't show Media though still I assume?

I thought Innodrive + Lane Change Assist was a slightly less sophisticated Tesla product?
they had my car overnight but that was because they were trying to find the issue with my SIM card and looking at other issues. how long the notification took to fix I don't know! I had loaner anyway so it was no big deal for me them having my car for that length of time.

I haven't actually scrolled through all the options in the speedo TFTs to check for Media! but I will on my way home from work.

innodrive is definitely less sophisticated than Autopilot but it does maintain the lane and speed but it won't change lane like Tesla's Autopilot. so, not as good but I do like it for those boring journeys and for when I'm sat in traffic.
Old 10-31-2017, 12:34 AM
corrigb
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Delay Compensation

Originally Posted by rklann
It appears there are at least two of you who have cars sitting in port awaiting EPA/CARB certification (SaratogoLefty,appenzell) and two to be in that situation (soCai,rklann). I would hope the pressure on Porsche to get this issue resolved is increasing as more cars are trapped in port. With respect to compensation for the delay and frustration, I had heard PCNA was offering a 1 Year addition to the service package for customers who had been in this situation. In my case, since my E-hybrid has not offially been delayed, I do not have a issue yet! Have appenzell or SaratogaLefty had any discussion with your dealer about compensation?
sation

I had an August build date but gave it up to accept a 60-day delay for the Cohiba leather. I got caught up in the EPA delay as my dates all show a PCNA status meaning they don't want to estimate. My dealer tells me not to expect the vehicle until 1st quarter of 2018 (ordered in April 2017 when I traded my Macan). I was told I will get an additional year of maintenance and $1000 to spend on accessories at the dealer.
Old 11-01-2017, 12:17 AM
rklann
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the update on delay compensation. My E-Hydrid is currently schedule to arrive in San Diego tomorrow morning. So the wait begins!
Old 11-01-2017, 12:24 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Default Question for AJ/Thorfun and Others Who Have Their E-Hybrid

So I know some of you are familiar with my situation: my E-Hybrid completed at the end of June, sat in Europe (don't know where) for a month, then on the ship for three weeks, arriving in San Diego port 9/15. Still waiting for EPA and CARB to certify the car. I am concerned about the battery condition. Most likely the battery has not been charged since the build was completed in June. Certainly not since it was on the boat. Anyway, my question for you is what is the maximum distance reading you see on your screen when it is fully charged before motoring off in the morning? Porsche states "up to 50 kilometers" (~30 miles for US) as the potential distance on electric only so I'm thinking your full charge reading should be something around 50 KM, right?
The reason I'm asking is so that when I finally get to the dealer to pick up the car in a fully charged state, I'm wanting to know what it should read if the battery is still in good condition.
At this point I am seriously considering walking away from the deal. Thanks for your help.
Old 11-01-2017, 01:06 PM
soCali
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is yours on american highway? Mine is too. I think its supposed to get to sd tomorrow also. And of course the long long wait. Have you spoken with your dealership about any compensation?

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread