Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2024, 09:39 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,707 Likes on 2,739 Posts

Originally Posted by Y2kaibo
Sorry to clarify there is not display during normal operation of the PCM. When first putting the key in the screen of the PCM should display but now it's just black.
I would be pulling the PCM and checking the Isudar installation, check all connections but specifically the ribbon cables.
Old 01-20-2024, 09:42 PM
Y2kaibo
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Westcoast
I would be pulling the PCM and checking the Isudar installation, check all connections but specifically the ribbon cables.
Even when it has been working since I installed it for the past few weeks then all of a sudden after not using the car for a week it would stop working?

Also something interesting while the car is not driven I noticed that the battery tender was charging the battery more than usual. Like there is a power drain. Any ideas about that? Thanks again.
Old 01-20-2024, 09:49 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Even when it has been working since I installed it for the past few weeks then all of a sudden after not using the car for a week it would stop working?

Also something interesting while the car is not driven I noticed that the battery tender was charging the battery more than usual. Like there is a power drain. Any ideas about that? Thanks again.
Did you Isudar kit come with the newer harness that has a fuse in it? As for the power drain, If you think it is the PCM pull the fuse on it and see if the corrects the condition.

There were a lot of connections made when installing the Isudar kit, if one of them were 'just' solid enough it would not be inconceivable that something might have wiggled loose. Trouble shooting has to begin somewhere, have you reached out the Isudar? They may have a suggestion where to start.
Old 01-20-2024, 09:58 PM
Y2kaibo
AutoX

Did you Isudar kit come with the newer harness that has a fuse in it? As for the power drain, If you think it is the PCM pull the fuse on it and see if the corrects the condition.

There were a lot of connections made when installing the Isudar kit, if one of them were 'just' solid enough it would not be inconceivable that something might have wiggled loose. Trouble shooting has to begin somewhere, have you reached out the Isudar? They may have a suggestion where to start.
I've sent their support an email about it but no reply. Yes my harness has the fuse. I have pulled out the main PCM fuse to see if the battery drain continues before pulling the unit out again to troubleshoot. Thought I'd ask the community to see if someone has an idea since it was working fine for a few weeks and then not using the car for a week it stop working.
Thank you for your replies and suggestions.
​​
The following users liked this post:
jsdinky (01-22-2024)
Old 01-20-2024, 11:41 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I've sent their support an email about it but no reply. Yes my harness has the fuse. I have pulled out the main PCM fuse to see if the battery drain continues before pulling the unit out again to troubleshoot. Thought I'd ask the community to see if someone has an idea since it was working fine for a few weeks and then not using the car for a week it stop working.
​​
Happy to reply with some ideas, it is a great way to give back to the community!

If the main PCM fuse doesn't produce any useful data perhaps the fuse in the harness to the Isudar board would be a next step to check on battery draw.

As for contact and help from Isudar, I found they responded to me via WhatsApp within 48 hours on business days. I found a clear simple statement of the problem is best as we are attempting to transcend a language barrier.

Y2kaibo (01-20-2024)
Old 01-21-2024, 06:51 AM
ZedZed
Burning Brakes

Received 245 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by Metal-Chicken
I'm loving my Isudar board and have a question: what's the deal with new versions/features of/in AA when they come out - are we likely to get them in new firmware or are we stuck with what was available when we bought the board?
AA runs on your phone, not on your head unit.
Old 01-21-2024, 06:55 AM
ZedZed
Burning Brakes

Received 245 Likes on 201 Posts

​​
West's suggestion is a good one IMO. Pull the PCM fuse and monitor the battery state over a few days - see if the drain has stopped. There are some good ways to detect parasitic battery drain which we can go into later, if the PCM doesn't seem to be the problem. First though, we need to rule in or rule out the PCM. First rule of troubleshooting is 'look where you last worked'.
Old 01-21-2024, 02:46 PM
Metal-Chicken
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Most in not all of this capability and I believe features as well comes from the attached phone, not the interface within the head unit.
Ahh, of course.... Stupid me 🤦‍♂️

(And thanks to ZedZed also 👍 )

Last edited by Metal-Chicken; 01-21-2024 at 02:51 PM.
Old 01-21-2024, 05:30 PM
Y2kaibo
AutoX

Originally Posted by ZedZed
West's suggestion is a good one IMO. Pull the PCM fuse and monitor the battery state over a few days - see if the drain has stopped. There are some good ways to detect parasitic battery drain which we can go into later, if the PCM doesn't seem to be the problem. First though, we need to rule in or rule out the PCM. First rule of troubleshooting is 'look where you last worked'.
Hi. I pulled the PCM fuse and monitored all night and battery does not drain and is normal. So now I guess I'll have to pull the PCM out to check the isudar fuse at the harness.
Old 01-22-2024, 10:46 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Hi. I pulled the PCM fuse and monitored all night and battery does not drain and is normal. So now I guess I'll have to pull the PCM out to check the isudar fuse at the harness.
Interesting, did you reach out to Isudar and hear anything back? I was just thinking they may have suggestions of what to check if you are planning to take out the PCM.

Also, if I were going so far as to pull out the PCM, I 'would' be checking all internal connections I added or touched during installation as part of the 'blank screen' issue.
jsdinky (01-22-2024)
Old 01-23-2024, 05:25 AM
texasgooner
Instructor

Can someone please tell me the part # of quadlock connector (the big square one with the leaver) that goes into the back of PCM 3.1, please. There are so many out there (it's also with optical).
I don't need the whole thing (that Isudar gave me) with cabling as I broke a clip on it that holds in the orange optical cable.Many thanks!
Old 01-23-2024, 12:56 PM
Y2kaibo
AutoX

Interesting, did you reach out to Isudar and hear anything back? I was just thinking they may have suggestions of what to check if you are planning to take out the PCM.

Also, if I were going so far as to pull out the PCM, I 'would' be checking all internal connections I added or touched during installation as part of the 'blank screen' issue.
They finally got back to me. They say it should not happen. Power drain should not happen with my board v3 and latest firmware version. They gave me a firmware update which they say was the turn off the car play/aa when the car is off. They did not address why my unit is completely dark with no display or sound or how to fix the issue. I can not even update the firmware they gave me if my unit does not even turn on. I have yet to hear back on that and have not had time to pull the PCM out to check anything.
Old 01-23-2024, 01:15 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

They finally got back to me. They say it should not happen. Power drain should not happen with my board v3 and latest firmware version. They gave me a firmware update which they say was the turn off the car play/aa when the car is off. They did not address why my unit is completely dark with no display or sound or how to fix the issue. I can not even update the firmware they gave me if my unit does not even turn on. I have yet to hear back on that and have not had time to pull the PCM out to check anything.
Hmmm, too bad they have a comment about the blank screen, that tells me that I would check the entire install, all connections, everything.

Board version v3 huh, you didn't happen to take a screen shot of the build/version levels while it was still operating? ***EDIT*** I see the information in this quote:

Hi all. Thanks for everyone who posted which has helped me in deciding to get the isudar board. I've all the post here and other threads to get mine installed. I am hoping someone may help me with my issues. Everything works on my install even with the xm board making it tight. My board is a v3 with the 230703v1 gr00 version. My issue is that my aftermarket backup camera would cause the pcm to not display the camera sometimes and basically resets the isudar board. I would have to select the 360 camera option in the backup advance menu before the backup camera would come back on. However sometimes the screen will just turn blank or black but the PCM radio would still be playing but can not be controller. I would have to pull the fuse of the PCM for everything to come back on and I would have to change the 360 camera option on and off for it to work but then after a while the cycle continues. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
So you had problems with the aftermarket backup camera as well, also causing the board to reset and the PCM screen to go blank... I would suggest that you disconnect these from the Isudar and ensure you can get the base part of the system working first. That aftermarket camera depending on where you got power for it could be the cause of the battery draw as well.

Last edited by Westcoast; 01-23-2024 at 01:29 PM.
ZedZed (01-23-2024)
Old 01-23-2024, 01:25 PM
Y2kaibo
AutoX

Hmmm, too bad they have a comment about the blank screen, that tells me that I would check the entire install, all connections, everything.

Board version v3 huh, you didn't happen to take a screen shot of the build/version levels while it was still operating?

See pic of the screen when everything was working for 2-3 weeks.
Old 01-23-2024, 01:41 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

See pic of the screen when everything was working for 2-3 weeks.
Ahh, thanks, very close to mine except as indicated:

Quick Reply: Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1