jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If this happens in 2014, might as well work in TWS while we are out there
Old 07-12-2013, 04:35 PM
rubber_ducky
Rennlist Member

Received 117 Likes on 80 Posts

Who is bringing the C7? After all, isn't that car what started this circle jerk?
Old 07-12-2013, 08:27 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 85Gold
Street car = a car with a valid registration and current tag.

Race car is everything else.

In other words run what you brung. They already have this event each year at VIR called the UTCC sponsored by Grassroots magazine.

Peter
Actually, Ultimate Track Car Challenge is for race cars, a registration and current tag does not guarantee a street car. Those guys are running Daytona Prototypes, ALMS cars, NASCAR modified cars, etc.

The Optima Invitational Challenge and One Lap of America are events designed for street cars, and the rules ensure that.

If anyone wants to stick slicks, Hoosiers, or any slick DOT-R tire to a street class car and play with the race cars, they are welcome.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:58 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Sounds like there should be 3 classes then.

Street cars on street tires

Street cars on Hoosier/ slicks

Race cars
Old 07-12-2013, 10:19 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 817 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
Actually, Ultimate Track Car Challenge is for race cars, a registration and current tag does not guarantee a street car. Those guys are running Daytona Prototypes, ALMS cars, NASCAR modified cars, etc.

The Optima Invitational Challenge and One Lap of America are events designed for street cars, and the rules ensure that.

If anyone wants to stick slicks, Hoosiers, or any slick DOT-R tire to a street class car and play with the race cars, they are welcome.
Actually UTCC has both race car and street car divisions. As for the One Lap if you can tag it you can run it. This includes kit cars like Radicals, a tube frame NASCAR Truck and Tube frame Viper have run before.

Peter
Old 07-13-2013, 01:24 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by jenk12m
i cant wait for the day when the fiat comes to road atlanta or anywhere outside of florida

peter, you know how rad is lol
Your gonna wait like forever on this one. LOL
Old 07-13-2013, 01:28 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

I volunteer to drive/tow Rad and the Fiat anywhere you want. Long distant driving is what I do. I come from large boat towing so a little light weight Fiat is cake.,,,or you arrive and drive and I tow.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:55 AM
tdf360
Pro

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
...me and others who see Corvtte blow almost each time we go to the track know GM has to prove it.
It's quite striking how different our experiences have been. I've tracked for years (12+ years, 8 - 10 events per year), and have track experience in Porsche, Lotus, BMW, Ferrari, and about 3 years ago bought a C6 Z06. I know Vette reliability issues are out there, but I have never personally seen a Vette engine blow at any event I have attended. I bought my car from an individual who put about 35 track days on it with no problems, and I have done about 25 myself, all with only replacing tires, rotors, pads, and fluids (I know, knock wood, right?). The other C6 Z06 owners I know have had similar experiences. I have never owned a track car as reliable as this one. Just lucky I guess.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:21 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,688 Likes on 785 Posts

Maybe it's the tracks in the SE? Or too much messing about with the engines around here?
If you see one with a puddle of oil under it, we don't always know how stock it is.

I believe what you are saying even though it seems so implausible from our POV, 3-4 (One was very old) blew one of the last weekends of last year at Sebring) but I'd say there is always one going around blowing smoke etc. maybe they just drive older ones VS CA driving more the later years. I heard the Z06 got better in 2010?

I have good hopes for the C7, seems they did a lot making it more track worthy.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:28 AM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tdf360
It's quite striking how different our experiences have been. I've tracked for years (12+ years, 8 - 10 events per year), and have track experience in Porsche, Lotus, BMW, Ferrari, and about 3 years ago bought a C6 Z06. I know Vette reliability issues are out there, but I have never personally seen a Vette engine blow at any event I have attended. I bought my car from an individual who put about 35 track days on it with no problems, and I have done about 25 myself, all with only replacing tires, rotors, pads, and fluids (I know, knock wood, right?). The other C6 Z06 owners I know have had similar experiences. I have never owned a track car as reliable as this one. Just lucky I guess.
Here's a good example.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:39 AM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
It is the number it posted on the DynoJet operated by Eddie Boy. Some people believe it makes more power.

I would offer you the same challenge I offered the guy with the GT3 RS 3.8 that now rides a 997 GT2 and claims the DE Cup record lap around Sebring:

Same Day!!!

Your Barbie car vs. My Fiat. Tires are limited to Street tires (UTQG of 200 or higher), this is a street car challenge, not a racing challenge (for racing, there are slicks and there are GT3 Cups, 458 Challenge, Daytona Prototypes, etc).

Challenge #1: 1/4 mile, best 3 out of 5 using a Full Tree on 1/4 mile or 1/8 mile, your choice, whoever closes the finish line first wins.

Challenge #2: An autocross. Best lap out of three laps, using a standing start, with same penalties as used by the SCCA.

Challenge #3: A racetrack hot lap. 20 minutes session with both cars on track on the same session. Fastest rolling lap recorded by the data acquisition and transponder. Highly recommended to be done with NASA or NARRA.

You up, or chicken out like all the Aero Beetle guys?

I'm debating between 458 Scuderia or F12, F12 is my preference, but front engine Fiats are depreciation disaster, I'm also considering 458 Spider, or even a 2014 458 Coupe, and another dedicated track day Fiat (with a manual transmission).

F12 has a lot more weight in the rear axle than the front, and it is a bargain, it has LaFiat engine without the electric gizmos.

C6-ZR1 on NASA Time Trials, spanked many times. I thought the ZR1 was a fast car. Bring those Vette fast drivers, hope you can find at least one.

No, I don't travel far, the idea of towing long distances is not for me.

You're invited to the Challenge I offered Quikag, but be prepared for Turbo Beetle royal shame. You seem to be surrounded by a bunch of slow Fiats up there.

Eddie Boy has never gone faster than the Fiat on the same day, he has a one lap wonder in perfect weather, perfect track, low drag by chasing rabbits, with massive amount of rubber laid down by racers. My best lap at the same spot was done with an extra 120 lbs of weight in the car, 20 minutes after heavy rain, with some spot still wet on the track, 90 degrees weather, and top humidity, no way any of the Aero Beetle drovers and their cheated out cars can keep up with my lap on the same conditions.

Eddie boy Aero tricks were not enough, now it is wings and Turbos, I've a lot of room available for wings and turbos as well, to keep it honest.

Rad, you're dead ... BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA ......

All I see coming our of your mouth is

Less crying more driving.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:09 PM
RSRanger
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

IMO forget 1/4 mile drags or auto-X'ing.
To me they are both like premature ejaculation. A lot of anticipation and in a few seconds your done.
Road course driving requiring sustained concentration and consistency is what it's all about.

Ranger (Sua Sponte)
Old 07-13-2013, 12:09 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 817 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
Rad, you're dead ... BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA ......

All I see coming our of your mouth is

Less crying more driving.
Ouch

Peter
Old 07-13-2013, 01:14 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Eddie Boy, where did you find Absinthe's Smiley ?

Your Turbo Cheater Aero Beetle is a no show, you joining the challenge?

PBIR next week with PCA, Fiat vs. Turbo Aero Beetle, with your 600whp it should be an easy win, given the long straight at PBIR. You ready?

Drag Race proves the power, traction in any car (and the slo-mo shifters). We have AiM Solo, it measures 1/4 mile with accuracy, 3 passes anywhere, I have a nice private road available for testing in my backyard, COP friendly too.

AutoX proves precision like no other road course, be 1" apart from the apex and it shows on the timer. There is autoX tomorrow at the big lot on the SunLife stadium. Show up or not, I'll be there playing against a few national level drivers (not the usual average rookie found at most DE in the advanced and instructors group).

RaceTrack experience and skills are optional, add Wings, add Turbo, add Slicks, and all the driving mistakes are masked behind a nice lap time.
Old 07-13-2013, 01:16 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Rad, this one I found on at The Office's bathroom lol !!!

Quick Reply: New Corvette...