New Corvette...

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 11:45 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboS
This sounds like fun! I know of a few Eccentrics that may be interested.
Our Red Scud vs the "Underpowered" one above, that would be worth the price of admission.

https://vimeo.com/66211247

That video is a study in DE driving techniques ...
Old 07-11-2013, 11:50 AM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 804 Likes on 458 Posts

Originally Posted by wanna911
Hmmm, I would be interested in seeing this go down. Maybe we can put that COTA trip together that fell apart early this year.

Rad has not met any fast Vette drivers on the track in his Serbing/Homestead bubble.
Rads not going anywhere he would be the slower car. I highly doubt the fiat will ever hit the track again as Eddie owns him with his ex RS and now with the GT2 it will be a slaughter fest.

Peter
Old 07-11-2013, 11:52 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,638 Likes on 761 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
Stick with "idiot" ... too much hard work being famous ...
I'm really focusing on the getting rich part. Also seems like too much work.
The idiot part comes naturally, easy peasy.

BOT:

3300lbs plus Z51 weight is much heavier than I hoped for, On track looks like 400lbs heavier then my RS..

http://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NAS...&page=&butID=9
Old 07-11-2013, 12:18 PM
TurboS
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

That video is a study in DE driving techniques ...
Glad you liked the video......
Old 07-11-2013, 12:31 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Glad you liked the video......
The video itself is cool. Someone put in a lot of edit time and it's damn hard to get it looking that slick.

But the driving, well, I don't know if it's ever been done, but it made me think of things I could put at the apex of each turn. I was thinking something like taping a paint ball just neatly on the back of the berm at an ideal line through the apex (on some of those turns, it would be a foot inside the berm where there's some nice concrete that didn't look too injurious to tire or suspension. Just leave a gap in the tap so the paint ball would leave a witness mark on the tire. A different color for each apex, left and right, then you'd get extra marks for clipping the apex only with the rear tire, too ... just thinking out loud ... have to give this a try ... should also make for some spectacular video ... maybe hang a bullet cam under the suspension looking at the contact patch ... : )
Old 07-11-2013, 12:34 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR

BOT:

3300lbs plus Z51 weight is much heavier than I hoped for, On track looks like 400lbs heavier then my RS..

Your RS 4.0 is 2900lbs track ready? (factory half cage, sport buckets) I don't know for a fact off hand, but I thought it was more like 3200lb. Maybe you've got a corner scales readout somewhere handy.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:51 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

3300 is underestimation too i think
Old 07-11-2013, 03:35 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

BOT:

Dude, fill up the fuel tank of your 4.0 Aero Beetle, then put it on scales and take a picture. Your car exceeds 3,200 lbs with the stock battery, despite of the side mufflers deleted, with the stock mufflers, it would get near 3,250 lbs.

How is 3,250 lbs 4.0 Aero Beetle that much different than 3,300 Barbie car?
Old 07-11-2013, 03:52 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
Dude, fill up the fuel tank of your 4.0 Aero Beetle, then put it on scales and take a picture. Your car exceeds 3,200 lbs with the stock battery, despite of the side mufflers deleted, with the stock mufflers, it would get near 3,250 lbs.

How is 3,250 lbs 4.0 Aero Beetle that much different than 3,300 Barbie car?
Corvette is 3400 no gas.
4.0 is 3050 no gas.

In trakcar math that's 350lbs more
My gas *** and a tank of gas Re going to add 350lb plus regardless.

Lets meet at the office to discuss.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:02 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mdrums
LOL Rad I'm losing track on your Fiat whp. Now it's 397, Ive seen You post 427 and 354 or something like that.
It is the number it posted on the DynoJet operated by Eddie Boy. Some people believe it makes more power.

Originally Posted by Quikag
You guys have at it, but Rad I've never had an issue with any F-car and I don't expect yours would be any different. Good car to look important at the valet stand and pick up chicks, but I personally don't need cars for that. My wife would disapprove anyway.
I would offer you the same challenge I offered the guy with the GT3 RS 3.8 that now rides a 997 GT2 and claims the DE Cup record lap around Sebring:

Same Day!!!

Your Barbie car vs. My Fiat. Tires are limited to Street tires (UTQG of 200 or higher), this is a street car challenge, not a racing challenge (for racing, there are slicks and there are GT3 Cups, 458 Challenge, Daytona Prototypes, etc).

Challenge #1: 1/4 mile, best 3 out of 5 using a Full Tree on 1/4 mile or 1/8 mile, your choice, whoever closes the finish line first wins.

Challenge #2: An autocross. Best lap out of three laps, using a standing start, with same penalties as used by the SCCA.

Challenge #3: A racetrack hot lap. 20 minutes session with both cars on track on the same session. Fastest rolling lap recorded by the data acquisition and transponder. Highly recommended to be done with NASA or NARRA.

You up, or chicken out like all the Aero Beetle guys?

It's important to drive a consistent line, but your posts are in a rut ... : ) ... I'm still keeping the Scuderia near the top of my "if a good one comes along" list.

Then again, Clarkson just said the magic words about the F12 ... "it has too much power." That sounds perfect to me. He also said it doesn't feel big like the 599. He's a great car salesman.

Anyway, the ZR1 drags the 458 (according to our local, non-scientific "floor it!") testing. And Sport Auto in the days of the "old" cars like the Scuderia and ZR1 circa 2008-9, put the 'merican V8 a comfortable two seconds ahead around Nurburgring.
I'm debating between 458 Scuderia or F12, F12 is my preference, but front engine Fiats are depreciation disaster, I'm also considering 458 Spider, or even a 2014 458 Coupe, and another dedicated track day Fiat (with a manual transmission).

F12 has a lot more weight in the rear axle than the front, and it is a bargain, it has LaFiat engine without the electric gizmos.

Originally Posted by wanna911
Hmmm, I would be interested in seeing this go down. Maybe we can put that COTA trip together that fell apart early this year.

Rad has not met any fast Vette drivers on the track in his Serbing/Homestead bubble.
C6-ZR1 on NASA Time Trials, spanked many times. I thought the ZR1 was a fast car. Bring those Vette fast drivers, hope you can find at least one.

Originally Posted by jenk12m
TWS would be easier to get bet I guarantee you that rad is not traveling that far
No, I don't travel far, the idea of towing long distances is not for me.

This sounds like fun! I know of a few Eccentrics that may be interested.
Our Red Scud vs the "Underpowered" one above, that would be worth the price of admission.

https://vimeo.com/66211247

You're invited to the Challenge I offered Quikag, but be prepared for Turbo Beetle royal shame. You seem to be surrounded by a bunch of slow Fiats up there.

Originally Posted by 85Gold
Rads not going anywhere he would be the slower car. I highly doubt the fiat will ever hit the track again as Eddie owns him with his ex RS and now with the GT2 it will be a slaughter fest.

Peter
Eddie Boy has never gone faster than the Fiat on the same day, he has a one lap wonder in perfect weather, perfect track, low drag by chasing rabbits, with massive amount of rubber laid down by racers. My best lap at the same spot was done with an extra 120 lbs of weight in the car, 20 minutes after heavy rain, with some spot still wet on the track, 90 degrees weather, and top humidity, no way any of the Aero Beetle drovers and their cheated out cars can keep up with my lap on the same conditions.

Eddie boy Aero tricks were not enough, now it is wings and Turbos, I've a lot of room available for wings and turbos as well, to keep it honest.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:09 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Corvette is 3400 no gas.
4.0 is 3050 no gas.

In trakcar math that's 350lbs more
My gas *** and a tank of gas Re going to add 350lb plus regardless.

Lets meet at the office to discuss.
Seriously???

Put the Aero Beetle on the scales, full tank of fuel, take picture. Then place one gallon of that fuel on a precise scale, take the fuel weight (not the container weight), multiply by 17.7 (the gallons capacity of your fuel tank), remove the fuel weight from your Aero Beetle.

The C6-Z51 Vette came with a steel frame, the C7-Z51 Vette comes with an aluminum frame. C7 is aluminum and Carbon Fiber, 4.0RS is massive steel, a little aluminum on doors, and a little of carbon fiber.

I have seen C6 and C6-Z06 (aluminum frame) on scales, they are pretty light for having a monster V8 and a solid transmission.

We have to wait for C7 to hit the scales, but your piggy Aero Beetle is 3,200+ lbs with a full tank of fuel, and near 3,100 lbs with zero fuel, despite of the 40+ of muffers deleted, and the 18" $$$ BBS lightweight wheels, and the carbon seats, and any other cheater part that Eddie has put in there.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:41 PM
RSRanger
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Damn this is getting good

Ranger (Sua Sponte)
Old 07-11-2013, 04:52 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it always gets good on here and nothing ever happens off the keyboard and monitor
Old 07-11-2013, 06:16 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

The video itself is cool. Someone put in a lot of edit time and it's damn hard to get it looking that slick.

But the driving, well, I don't know if it's ever been done, but it made me think of things I could put at the apex of each turn. I was thinking something like taping a paint ball just neatly on the back of the berm at an ideal line through the apex (on some of those turns, it would be a foot inside the berm where there's some nice concrete that didn't look too injurious to tire or suspension. Just leave a gap in the tap so the paint ball would leave a witness mark on the tire. A different color for each apex, left and right, then you'd get extra marks for clipping the apex only with the rear tire, too ... just thinking out loud ... have to give this a try ... should also make for some spectacular video ... maybe hang a bullet cam under the suspension looking at the contact patch ... : )
LOL CGT is full of good Ideas. Turbo S do it!

Your RS 4.0 is 2900lbs track ready? (factory half cage, sport buckets) I don't know for a fact off hand, but I thought it was more like 3200lb. Maybe you've got a corner scales readout somewhere handy.
3050 + 17 x 17.4 I suppose plus me.

It is the number it posted on the DynoJet operated by Eddie Boy. Some people believe it makes more power.

I would offer you the same challenge I offered the guy with the GT3 RS 3.8 that now rides a 997 GT2 and claims the DE Cup record lap around Sebring:

Same Day!!!

Your Barbie car vs. My Fiat. Tires are limited to Street tires (UTQG of 200 or higher), this is a street car challenge, not a racing challenge (for racing, there are slicks and there are GT3 Cups, 458 Challenge, Daytona Prototypes, etc).

Challenge #1: 1/4 mile, best 3 out of 5 using a Full Tree on 1/4 mile or 1/8 mile, your choice, whoever closes the finish line first wins.

Challenge #2: An autocross. Best lap out of three laps, using a standing start, with same penalties as used by the SCCA.

Challenge #3: A racetrack hot lap. 20 minutes session with both cars on track on the same session. Fastest rolling lap recorded by the data acquisition and transponder. Highly recommended to be done with NASA or NARRA.

You up, or chicken out like all the Aero Beetle guys?

I'm debating between 458 Scuderia or F12, F12 is my preference, but front engine Fiats are depreciation disaster, I'm also considering 458 Spider, or even a 2014 458 Coupe, and another dedicated track day Fiat (with a manual transmission).

F12 has a lot more weight in the rear axle than the front, and it is a bargain, it has LaFiat engine without the electric gizmos.

C6-ZR1 on NASA Time Trials, spanked many times. I thought the ZR1 was a fast car. Bring those Vette fast drivers, hope you can find at least one.

No, I don't travel far, the idea of towing long distances is not for me.

You're invited to the Challenge I offered Quikag, but be prepared for Turbo Beetle royal shame. You seem to be surrounded by a bunch of slow Fiats up there.

Eddie Boy has never gone faster than the Fiat on the same day, he has a one lap wonder in perfect weather, perfect track, low drag by chasing rabbits, with massive amount of rubber laid down by racers. My best lap at the same spot was done with an extra 120 lbs of weight in the car, 20 minutes after heavy rain, with some spot still wet on the track, 90 degrees weather, and top humidity, no way any of the Aero Beetle drovers and their cheated out cars can keep up with my lap on the same conditions.

Eddie boy Aero tricks were not enough, now it is wings and Turbos, I've a lot of room available for wings and turbos as well, to keep it honest.
must be Absinthe afternoon...Keep it up and I start posting The Office pics.

Seriously???

Put the Aero Beetle on the scales, full tank of fuel, take picture. Then place one gallon of that fuel on a precise scale, take the fuel weight (not the container weight), multiply by 17.7 (the gallons capacity of your fuel tank), remove the fuel weight from your Aero Beetle.

The C6-Z51 Vette came with a steel frame, the C7-Z51 Vette comes with an aluminum frame. C7 is aluminum and Carbon Fiber, 4.0RS is massive steel, a little aluminum on doors, and a little of carbon fiber.

I have seen C6 and C6-Z06 (aluminum frame) on scales, they are pretty light for having a monster V8 and a solid transmission.

We have to wait for C7 to hit the scales, but your piggy Aero Beetle is 3,200+ lbs with a full tank of fuel, and near 3,100 lbs with zero fuel, despite of the 40+ of muffers deleted, and the 18" $$$ BBS lightweight wheels, and the carbon seats, and any other cheater part that Eddie has put in there.
Only LSD Guard, BBS, battery, M&M and Barron uprights. 100% stock otherwise. Go to Champion with scales, I go by corner weights by Orbit? While at Champion go for a test drive so you can see what a real car feels like. Much funnier than GT5.

Originally Posted by RSRanger
Damn this is getting good

Ranger (Sua Sponte)
I aim to please.

Originally Posted by jenk12m
it always gets good on here and nothing ever happens off the keyboard and monitor
Guilty.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:22 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 804 Likes on 458 Posts

Rad

Always with the excuses. it is hilarious how your Fiat One Lap Wonder is OK to have all kinds of mods including 497rwhp on Eddies Dyno but everybody else is cheating if they don't run a bone stock car. You set your times on Pirelli slicks but everybody else is cheating if they run anything but a 140 treadwear tire. I'll bet Wanna911 would like you to come to RA with NASA (dual event with NASA FL) in Sept and show him how it is done.

Peter

Quick Reply: New Corvette...