Notices

New Corvette...

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 12:12 AM
z06801
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll probably have some laps in one in about 45 days to report on. Excited to see what it feels like. I also have a track day with Dyson racing and their new Caterham sp/300.R coming up which I'm more excited about but thats a different story, can't wait!

Last edited by z06801; 07-10-2013 at 12:58 AM.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:42 PM
Quikag
Rennlist Member

Received 245 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
My goal is to be the first one to blow a C7 Z51 motor that gets the exact same treatment as the RS.

I'd settle for just losing brakes, warping rotors,fry the e-diff or gearbox, but I'm going for motor.
I'm sorry, but you're a damn idiot. I've read a lot of your passive aggressive bull**** on buying a C7 Z51 just to do "durability testing" on it and explicitly stating that a $60k car is a throwaway car for you. So, whether the car works or not, it doesn't really matter.

Whatever, dude. If you think GM should build a BASE Corvette that has the overall track durability of a $200k GT3 RS 4.0 and if GM can't or won't do that, then you're going to blow the motor, then I hope GM denies warranty just for you when you pop the engine or otherwise trash/abuse the car.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:02 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 356 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by Quikag

I'm sorry, but you're a damn idiot. I've read a lot of your passive aggressive bull**** on buying a C7 Z51 just to do "durability testing" on it and explicitly stating that a $60k car is a throwaway car for you. So, whether the car works or not, it doesn't really matter.

Whatever, dude. If you think GM should build a BASE Corvette that has the overall track durability of a $200k GT3 RS 4.0 and if GM can't or won't do that, then you're going to blow the motor, then I hope GM denies warranty just for you when you pop the engine or otherwise trash/abuse the car.
This is totally uncalled for and rude!
Peter was just being funny but you obviously have zero sense of humor and take this Corvette thing way too seriously!
Take a chill pill dude!
Old 07-10-2013, 02:05 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,638 Likes on 761 Posts

Sorry but you don't know me and are misreading.
My typing does not always convey clearly, so I won't take it personal, probably not as funny as I was trying to be.

It's quite opposite, but I'm prepared for the worst so i won't be disappointed. Warranty and dealer experience as well as the car will be tested.

You calling names on "rich" Porsche owners gets dangerously close to validating Chevy owners stereo typing Porsche drivers.

It does matter because I would love for the Vette to replace the PDK electronics laden GT3.

You don't agree, but me and others who see Corvtte blow almost each time we go to the track know GM has to prove it.

Doesn't mean I'm not rooting for them with a purchase.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:22 PM
Quikag
Rennlist Member

Sorry, maybe overreacted a little bit, but your comments on "to be proven" and "to be tested", plus a few other slights you made in multiple posts I've read over the last several months led me to believe what I initially wrote.

If not accurate, then I apologize. I do hope the C7 Z51 holds up very well and even moreso the C7 Z06 and/or ZR1 as I plan to buy one of those depending on specs. I do know my personal experience with Vettes has been very good, which is the primary reason I keep buying them including spending the coin to get a new ZR1 that I've been driving very hard for the past 2.5 years with almost zero issues. If GM failed me, I'd probably be driving a P-car or some other make. GM hasn't so far.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:26 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude, don't come here getting all sensitive about the Corvette's. If you can't take some Corvette bashing you shouldn't be posting here. It's reality. Corvette's blow up on a regular basis, two of them at Road Atlanta two weeks ago, burned the rears of the cars to crisps. This happens all the time. It's been an epidemic.

The C6 and Z06 motors were a disappointment for 40 something and 60-100 something thousand dollar cars anyways.

Peter has rep here, you do not. Keep that in mind.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:42 PM
Quikag
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wanna911
Dude, don't come here getting all sensitive about the Corvette's. If you can't take some Corvette bashing you shouldn't be posting here. It's reality. Corvette's blow up on a regular basis, two of them at Road Atlanta two weeks ago, burned the rears of the cars to crisps. This happens all the time. It's been an epidemic.

The C6 and Z06 motors were a disappointment for 40 something and 60-100 something thousand dollar cars anyways.

Peter has rep here, you do not. Keep that in mind.
I don't mind Vette bashing, but as I just clarified Peter seemed to be buying a Corvette solely to break it and prove that the Vette isn't as badass as his GT3 RS 4.0. I just got tired of his pattern.

The Vette is far from perfect, I'm the first to admit it. It has shortcomings. So, do the P-cars. No car is perfect. So, bash the Vette all you want for all I care, but I was just worn out from his posts and then him explicitly stating he is trying to be the first to blow an LT1 just pushed me over the edge. It's classless.

So, if being classless is how you build rep on here, then I guess y'all can have at it.

However, if Peter was just screwing around as he stated, then disregard my comments. Sarcasm is hard to interpret on the internet, especially without the use of emoticons/smiley faces, etc.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:48 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 356 Likes on 215 Posts

the C7 Z51 holds up very well and even moreso the C7 Z06 and/or ZR1 as I plan to buy one of those depending on specs. I do know my personal experience with Vettes has been very good, which is the primary reason I keep buying them including spending the coin to get a new ZR1 that I've been driving very hard for the past 2.5 years with almost zero issues. If GM failed me, I'd probably be driving a P-car or some other make. GM hasn't so far.
So what are you doing on a Porsche forum then?!
Old 07-10-2013, 02:56 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So, if being classless is how you build rep on here, then I guess y'all can have at it.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:02 PM
Quikag
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by neanicu
So what are you doing on a Porsche forum then?!
Because I really like P-cars and I'm a car enthusiast. I'll read an article on the new Kia Rio in a car mag just because I like cars in general.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:06 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't mind Vette bashing, but as I just clarified Peter seemed to be buying a Corvette solely to break it and prove that the Vette isn't as badass as his GT3 RS 4.0. I just got tired of his pattern.

The Vette is far from perfect, I'm the first to admit it. It has shortcomings. So, do the P-cars. No car is perfect. So, bash the Vette all you want for all I care, but I was just worn out from his posts and then him explicitly stating he is trying to be the first to blow an LT1 just pushed me over the edge. It's classless.

However, if Peter was just screwing around as he stated, then disregard my comments. Sarcasm is hard to interpret on the internet, especially without the use of emoticons/smiley faces, etc.
That's Peter's sense of humor, and even if he was buying one for that sole reason, it's his prerogative to do so with his car and money. He's only slightly joking, if the car blows up with his style of driving, he can continue to bash the Corvette's for unreliable motors. So what?

If you can't take the heat...........
Old 07-10-2013, 04:45 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 07-10-2013, 05:34 PM
El Matador
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Subscribed.

Last edited by El Matador; 07-10-2013 at 07:06 PM.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:57 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by z06801
I'll probably have some laps in one in about 45 days to report on. Excited to see what it feels like. I also have a track day with Dyson racing and their new Caterham sp/300.R coming up which I'm more excited about but thats a different story, can't wait!
There's an intro drive event (something happening after the dealer training) at Spring Mountain. I'm tempted to go. It's not too badly priced ($4K for 3 days) if that's ample seat time. If it's a lot of standing around talking about driving, then it's a waste, but I like the idea of getting a taste test and then deciding on waiting for the Z version or having a bit of an illicit fling with the Stingray.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:04 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,638 Likes on 761 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
There's an intro drive event (something happening after the dealer training) at Spring Mountain. I'm tempted to go. It's not too badly priced ($4K for 3 days) if that's ample seat time. If it's a lot of standing around talking about driving, then it's a waste, but I like the idea of getting a taste test and then deciding on waiting for the Z version or having a bit of an illicit fling with the Stingray.
Keep me posted, I'd love to come out to drive and test fit the car before buying it. Even if a z or zr1 is in the pipeline ill probably stick with the base one anyway

Quick Reply: New Corvette...