Notices

New Corvette...

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 12:42 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,688 Likes on 785 Posts

Originally Posted by 85Gold
How can you own a track car and hate towing. My motto is have truck and trailer will travel right now I am at 25 tracks and counting.

Peter
+100
I wanna be like the farmer when I grow up.
Rad has a cayenne turbo and trailer. Excuses excuses.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:51 AM
TurboS
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

You're invited to the Challenge I offered Quikag, but be prepared for Turbo Beetle royal shame. You seem to be surrounded by a bunch of slow Fiats up there.

Thank you for the invitation, please forward dates and informtion regarding the event. We will make sure we bring our slow "Underpowered" Fiats as a basis for comparison, but make sure you are properly coached by Mr.Apex Paintball GT first, so when you lose we won't have to listen to the excuses. LOL

Quikag, COTA looks like an amazing track pls PM details of events for 2014 when available.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:32 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

COTA would be the ideal place, it is half way for people on the East, West and North.

Trakcar is getting another 2 car trailer, I load/unload his 4.0RS and my car, and he does the driving there.

Two classes:

Race Car class: anything stripped, or non street legal, factory built, or junkyard built, on any tire.

Street Car class: cars with a current registration card, stock interior, on street tires, or treaded track day tires (R888, RA1, NT01, etc). A street car on Hoosier A6/R6, BFG R1/R1S, C51/C71/C91, V710, or slicks runs in the Race Car Class.

I'll work on the trophy design. The locals to hire umbrella girls and a college Rock band. Locals to take care of catering quality food, we'll bring quality beer.

Race Car Entrants:
- Mooty's new race car
- Mikymu's GT3 Cup
- Savyboy's Mono
- Turbo-Stripper-Winged-Cheater-Wanna911-Beetle

Street Car Entrants:
- Turbo Cheater Eddie
- Trakcar Menstrual interior 4.0 Aero Beetle
- My Fiat
- any of the slow motion driven Fiats up North
- any of the Turbo Beetle moving chicanes from up North

If the event happens in 2014, my Fiat may be no more, because racecar, I'll just switch classes.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:34 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,688 Likes on 785 Posts

I see a cliff and an intervention for Rad and myself...
Old 07-12-2013, 11:31 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha!!!! college rock band?
my god.
awesome stuff! lol
Old 07-12-2013, 11:49 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I see a cliff and an intervention for Rad and myself...
Intervention?! Hell no, I was thinking of indiegogo crowdfunding to make it happen. A good video crew and you've got a youtube viral cash cow.

Rennlist could do its own "one lap" ... some open road stuff, a couple of hill climbs, all the name brand tracks ...
Old 07-12-2013, 11:50 AM
cfjan
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 9 Posts

I think the street class should allow any tires to stress the cars more than the street tires can. (Since the idea started as which car is faster / better..) With stickier tires, you can move the next weakest point to the car design / suspension / engine / oil system. See which car was designed / built better so it does not have problems such as oil starvation, overheating, etc.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:09 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 817 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Peter, time to meet up at The Office in Delray, just stay overnight. I'll set it up.
I want to have this discussion with Eddie, Rad and you in real life. I'll book a hotel crawling distance away.

wanna 911, it would be an honor to book a ticket to PBI and room if you join LOL.

BOT, sorry if repost, if cant keep track of the date:

http://blog.caranddriver.com/10-awes...ntent=Netvibes
Peter

Will come down for and some SRSBZNS about cars but to old/smart to hit the for more than a couple.

Peter
Old 07-12-2013, 12:12 PM
z06801
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is sounding like to much fun, can I get in? Maybe Mikymu would pick me and the barbie race car up on his way down? or just drive the turbo beetle down.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:15 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 817 Likes on 469 Posts

Street car = a car with a valid registration and current tag.

Race car is everything else.

In other words run what you brung. They already have this event each year at VIR called the UTCC sponsored by Grassroots magazine.

Peter
Old 07-12-2013, 01:10 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Once again, something I see gaining big hype but no one actually showing up. We had a chance for this at cota this year but everyone backed out. I hope this happens next year or even this fall
Old 07-12-2013, 01:11 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

lol!
the potential is huge
Old 07-12-2013, 02:39 PM
Quikag
Rennlist Member

Received 246 Likes on 94 Posts

Okay, so who has a secretary...err administrative assistant that can get this organized? I will guarantee 10 people from around here (i.e., once we have an executed contract with COTA, I will mail the registration fee for ten people and be personally responsible for collecting the other 9 fees from each of the individuals.). Who else can make a similiar guarantee to make money collection a non-issue for the organizer?

I also agree that street class is current inspection/registration and basically full interior. Everything else is race car class. I'm not going to run ghetto "street" tires, but I sure as heck don't have a true race car. Presuming we can agree on class rules, I'll kick in a few hundred bucks for each class winner. Get some more people to kick in for the winner's pot and we can have a sizeable cash prize for the fastest transponder lap time in each class. Speaking of which, can we get lap time data from COTA off the transponders? We'd need to inquire about that.

1st annual Top Gun DE Championship.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:05 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did someone say cash prizes?
I have full interior and valid registration which puts me in street class but I am not driving 2200 miles one way to lap on anything less than an r6

Is this really going to happen?
Old 07-12-2013, 03:17 PM
TurboS
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Two classes:

Race Car class: anything stripped, or non street legal, factory built, or junkyard built, on any tire.

Street Car class: cars with a current registration card, stock interior, on street tires, or treaded track day tires (R888, RA1, NT01, etc). A street car on Hoosier A6/R6, BFG R1/R1S, C51/C71/C91, V710, or slicks runs in the Race Car Class.

I'll work on the trophy design. The locals to hire umbrella girls and a college Rock band. Locals to take care of catering quality food, we'll bring quality beer.

Race Car Entrants:
- Mooty's new race car
- Mikymu's GT3 Cup
- Savyboy's Mono
- Turbo-Stripper-Winged-Cheater-Wanna911-Beetle

Street Car Entrants:
- Turbo Cheater Eddie
- Trakcar Menstrual interior 4.0 Aero Beetle
- My Fiat
- any of the slow motion driven Fiats up North
- any of the Turbo Beetle moving chicanes from up North

If the event happens in 2014, my Fiat may be no more, because racecar, I'll just switch classes.

Well thought out!

For the slow Canadians, it Doesn't matter what class you end up in. Either our slow Red Scud will be faster, or in the Race class McLaren with Slicks will be faster. We call that a Win Win scenario.

Quick Reply: New Corvette...