New Corvette...

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 09:52 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Quikag
I don't mind Vette bashing, but as I just clarified Peter seemed to be buying a Corvette solely to break it and prove that the Vette isn't as badass as his GT3 RS 4.0. I just got tired of his pattern.

The Vette is far from perfect, I'm the first to admit it. It has shortcomings. So, do the P-cars. No car is perfect. So, bash the Vette all you want for all I care, but I was just worn out from his posts and then him explicitly stating he is trying to be the first to blow an LT1 just pushed me over the edge. It's classless.

So, if being classless is how you build rep on here, then I guess y'all can have at it.

However, if Peter was just screwing around as he stated, then disregard my comments. Sarcasm is hard to interpret on the internet, especially without the use of emoticons/smiley faces, etc.
I have witnessed a vast amount of Barbie cars blowing the engines, and I'm still considering a C7-Z51 or C6-ZR1 to replace my Cayman.

In the meantime, my 397whp Fiat still beats every flavor of Barbie car that shows up when I run a Time Trial, and more so on DE-Cup racing.

ZR1 is fast, but not Fiat fast.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:13 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Oh boy...quickag remember you are on a Porsche forum. There is going to be Vette bashing however the comments are valid about engine blowing. Peter is not bashing the Vettes as he says he wants to run the Vette like his GT3. Peter is extremely smooth driver and not hard on cars and muscling them around and beating on them. There is no need for you to get hostile towards a great member and guy on this forum.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:20 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
In the meantime, my 397whp Fiat still beats every flavor of Barbie car that shows up when I run a Time Trial, and more so on DE-Cup racing.

LOL Rad I'm losing track on your Fiat whp. Now it's 397, Ive seen You post 427 and 354 or something like that.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:39 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
LOL Rad I'm losing track on your Fiat whp. Now it's 397, Ive seen You post 427 and 354 or something like that.
Owned!

Actually, I love all the thoughts on all the track capable fast sports cars and the fact that people like Rad, Mooty, Peter have the means to try the others out and let us know how it compares with our beloved GT Porsches. I would be lying if I said I didn't more than look more closely at Fiats after some of Rad's posts...
Old 07-10-2013, 10:45 PM
Quikag
Rennlist Member

Received 245 Likes on 93 Posts

You guys have at it, but Rad I've never had an issue with any F-car and I don't expect yours would be any different. Good car to look important at the valet stand and pick up chicks, but I personally don't need cars for that. My wife would disapprove anyway.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:55 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

o thy famous trakcar, will you wear clogs when trying to blow up the vette motor? lol
Old 07-10-2013, 10:56 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
I have witnessed a vast amount of Barbie cars blowing the engines, and I'm still considering a C7-Z51 or C6-ZR1 to replace my Cayman.

It's important to drive a consistent line, but your posts are in a rut ... : ) ... I'm still keeping the Scuderia near the top of my "if a good one comes along" list.

Then again, Clarkson just said the magic words about the F12 ... "it has too much power." That sounds perfect to me. He also said it doesn't feel big like the 599. He's a great car salesman.

Anyway, the ZR1 drags the 458 (according to our local, non-scientific "floor it!") testing. And Sport Auto in the days of the "old" cars like the Scuderia and ZR1 circa 2008-9, put the 'merican V8 a comfortable two seconds ahead around Nurburgring.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:12 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys have at it, but Rad I've never had an issue with any F-car and I don't expect yours would be any different. .
Hmmm, I would be interested in seeing this go down. Maybe we can put that COTA trip together that fell apart early this year.

Rad has not met any fast Vette drivers on the track in his Serbing/Homestead bubble.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:27 PM
z06801
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
There's an intro drive event (something happening after the dealer training) at Spring Mountain. I'm tempted to go. It's not too badly priced ($4K for 3 days) if that's ample seat time. If it's a lot of standing around talking about driving, then it's a waste, but I like the idea of getting a taste test and then deciding on waiting for the Z version or having a bit of an illicit fling with the Stingray.
Aaron Pfadt of Pfadt Racing is a good friend and currently is letting me share his garage out at Miller. They are getting a fairly early delivery and will shake it down for a baseline before they develop parts. Hoping to partake
Old 07-11-2013, 12:17 AM
Quikag
Rennlist Member

Received 245 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by wanna911
Hmmm, I would be interested in seeing this go down. Maybe we can put that COTA trip together that fell apart early this year.

Rad has not met any fast Vette drivers on the track in his Serbing/Homestead bubble.
Man, if you guys want to coordinate one of those $55k COTA private track days for up to ~35 drivers or whatever they'd allow when the weather is cooler Nov-feb timeframe, I'd be game and I could get at least 10 or more guys from around here that would sign up that would definitely not slow anyone down. Steve Hill, Weathers, Messer, Keith Verges kind of guys. It would be an epic Top Gun DE Cup event.

Rules could be street legal/registered, working AC, kind of rules or whatever to keep guys from rolling out their Radical SR8 (Verges) or Cup cars, etc. I'd be up for whatever though. Fast drivers on a fast private track day. Heck yeah.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:24 AM
jenk12m
Banned

TWS would be easier to get bet I guarantee you that rad is not traveling that far
Old 07-11-2013, 12:33 AM
TurboS
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Man, if you guys want to coordinate one of those $55k COTA private track days for up to ~35 drivers or whatever they'd allow when the weather is cooler Nov-feb timeframe, I'd be game and I could get at least 10 or more guys from around here that would sign up that would definitely not slow anyone down. Steve Hill, Weathers, Messer, Keith Verges kind of guys. It would be an epic Top Gun DE Cup event.

Rules could be street legal/registered, working AC, kind of rules or whatever to keep guys from rolling out their Radical SR8 (Verges) or Cup cars, etc. I'd be up for whatever though. Fast drivers on a fast private track day. Heck yeah.
This sounds like fun! I know of a few Eccentrics that may be interested.
Our Red Scud vs the "Underpowered" one above, that would be worth the price of admission.

https://vimeo.com/66211247

Old 07-11-2013, 12:55 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,638 Likes on 761 Posts

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
o thy famous trakcar, will you wear clogs when trying to blow up the vette motor? lol
Yes, see below.
First idiot rich and now famous, this thread gets better and better.
I think GM should sponsor me a beta tester C7 Z51, I'm in Phoenix today and had half a mind to go check out Bondurant see if they had one just to test fit..

Originally Posted by z06801
Aaron Pfadt of Pfadt Racing is a good friend and currently is letting me share his garage out at Miller. They are getting a fairly early delivery and will shake it down for a baseline before they develop parts. Hoping to partake
I read a lot about Pfadt on the Corvette forums. Look forward to what will need upgraded
Attached Images  
Old 07-11-2013, 11:30 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

haha!
i love those clogs; remind of ferdinand's first traktor
Old 07-11-2013, 11:43 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
First idiot rich and now famous, this thread gets better and better.
Stick with "idiot" ... too much hard work being famous ...

Quick Reply: New Corvette...