Notices
View Poll Results: what do you think?
really clean, nice looking Vette....
31.46%
a very different Vette but we'll sure as hell take it.
29.84%
i'll be ordering one soon.......
17.72%
No thank you
20.98%
Voters: 553. You may not vote on this poll

Thoughts on the new corvette?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2019, 11:50 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
One of them has done 50%+ of the posts.
Regardless, 300K views. Oh, ** rounding up!!! LOL ...

Plus read the article I posted. Funny that the facts don't get any comments from the hecklers.
Old 08-09-2019, 12:06 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,402 Likes on 2,513 Posts

How much is an oil change at the Chevy dealership?
The following users liked this post:
CaymanCarver (08-10-2019)
Old 08-09-2019, 12:07 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by STG

Plus read the article I posted. Funny that the facts don't get any comments from the hecklers.
I posted a fact. This thread seems like a full time job for some. And view-generating click-bots are dime a dozen too. The new age of marketing and buzz creation is upon us. Get on with the program.
Old 08-09-2019, 12:09 AM
bertram928
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by STG

are you by chance the 50 percent er?
Old 08-09-2019, 12:10 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by LexVan
How much is an oil change at the Chevy dealership?

C7 like $75.00

Porsche 911 up to $500.00

By the same tech who used to work at Chevy a year ago. Someone has to pay for the free bottled water and Macan loaner.

There is some validity to "Porsche tax"
GT3FZS (08-17-2019)
Old 08-09-2019, 12:16 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by bertram928
are you by chance the 50 percent er?

Who knows. Could be .. LOL .. more off topic comments to deflect.
Old 08-09-2019, 12:16 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 210 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by STG

Only 59 pages. STG, you had better get to work.

Old 08-09-2019, 12:18 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by hf1
I posted a fact. This thread seems like a full time job for some. And view-generating click-bots are dime a dozen too. The new age of marketing and buzz creation is upon us. Get on with the program.

Yeah, click bots found this thread buried in the musty basement of Rennlist but avoid the other ones. LOL.
Old 08-09-2019, 12:36 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 136 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
So long as GM is actually able to sell the car and meet the demand, they have a smash hit on their hands. 155 pages and counting.... incredible. Haven't seen a car generate this much buzz, I have never even thought of a Corvette for a second in my entire life and here I am

edit: 156 and counting
50% of the “buzz” by one guy and the rest by about 4. #winning, I guess.

Originally Posted by STG
K-A is having fun here too ...

https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1154...-911-a-13.html

I've never read such crazy claims and so much BS in my life ...

Yeah, Porsche would never let a car go on the showroom floor knowing ....... fill in the blank .......
If by “BS” you mean “facts my bosses at GM can’t have displayed publicly” then you are correct.

Originally Posted by ZDan
In the parent folder "Other Marque Discussions" you can sort by number of views and replies, by clicking on "views" and "replies". GT350 thread that started in 2015 is #1, followed by this thread, then a "new Corvette" thread for the C7, then a Z/28 thread
So it’s still behind a mustang thread and just barely above the C7 thread.

Quick, more posts @STG! You’re slacking, buddy.

Originally Posted by hf1
If they make 40k/yr of these they will be dime a dozen in a year, two tops. I may buy one then (new with 15% discount, and 3k mile almost new with 30% discount) and only after test driving it -- don't care how much of a "bargain" it appears to be on paper.

The "buzz" in this thread is created by five provocative people making 99% of the posts.
^ This

Originally Posted by .2PDK
My bad, what better reason is there to buy a C8.

Wonder what they'll look like after a few years when the roads are littered with them...
Exactly. It’s an exotic and extraverted design. Which means it will look special when there aren’t many of them, and will look tiring and lose visual punch when they’re all over the place. It’s simply how designs work in general. One reason 911’s always hold up is because the design is simple, pure and doesn’t radically change for the sake of change. Also, because they don’t sell as much as E Classes.

Originally Posted by STG

Do you get paid by each “refresh” click or simply by the hour? Tell GM I’m interested.

I mean.... please tell us you’re getting paid for this. You deserve at least that much.
Old 08-09-2019, 01:44 AM
slc4s
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,266 Likes on 638 Posts

I don’t think the roads will be littered. Maybe LA is not a great example of a typical market but C7s are still rare birds around here. I see WAY more 911s than I do C7s here.
Old 08-09-2019, 02:17 AM
bertram928
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I think even GM would know it is futile to market in a Porsche Forum , witness the Aerospace Engineers, Material Scientists, structural Engineers have left the discussion, with only the Flat Earth Society remaining I am outa here, I thought i was doing a good deed for fellow car enthusiasts, spending time gathering up info that i thought to be of interest, if these 5 enthusiasts are not welcome here, my time better spent elsewhere.

Don't bother thanking me for not bumping up page views
Old 08-09-2019, 03:53 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 136 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by slc4s
I don’t think the roads will be littered. Maybe LA is not a great example of a typical market but C7s are still rare birds around here. I see WAY more 911s than I do C7s here.
40K is a lot of cars per year. Especially that number is determined to specifically the U.S market. That's around what a 5 Series is selling in the U.S and those cars are everywhere. Keep in mind that most cars that sell in that volume are understated, for good reason (an understated car that is everywhere has more lasting value on the eyes than one that is overt and tries to make a statement every time, as said statement eventually wears out, then even becomes tiresome), as you can find subtle new things to appreciate about them every time.

C7 sales have fallen to record Vette lows in the modern age. GM said that sales fell to under 1K units per month in 2019, which is lower than they've ever been, at least since sales records have been tallied ('96 is the lowest year I've found). Even during the recession they were averaging just at or over 1K a month.

L.A indeed I don't think would be the typical market. I would imagine the majority of Vette sales are comprised down south.
Old 08-09-2019, 08:22 AM
Closertotruth
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Not surprising 2019 C7 sales are low. Folks were waiting for the C8 unveiling.
Old 08-09-2019, 08:23 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by bertram928
I think even GM would know it is futile to market in a Porsche Forum , witness the Aerospace Engineers, Material Scientists, structural Engineers have left the discussion, with only the Flat Earth Society remaining I am outa here, I thought i was doing a good deed for fellow car enthusiasts, spending time gathering up info that i thought to be of interest, if these 5 enthusiasts are not welcome here, my time better spent elsewhere.

Don't bother thanking me for not bumping up page views

You are doing a service to many here who just view the thread without posting. Continue posting any info you find. Don't let the "other few" hecklers scare you off.
GT3FZS (08-18-2019)
Old 08-09-2019, 08:29 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by K-A
40K is a lot of cars per year. Especially that number is determined to specifically the U.S market. That's around what a 5 Series is selling in the U.S and those cars are everywhere. Keep in mind that most cars that sell in that volume are understated, for good reason (an understated car that is everywhere has more lasting value on the eyes than one that is overt and tries to make a statement every time, as said statement eventually wears out, then even becomes tiresome), as you can find subtle new things to appreciate about them every time.

C7 sales have fallen to record Vette lows in the modern age. GM said that sales fell to under 1K units per month in 2019, which is lower than they've ever been, at least since sales records have been tallied ('96 is the lowest year I've found). Even during the recession they were averaging just at or over 1K a month.

L.A indeed I don't think would be the typical market. I would imagine the majority of Vette sales are comprised down south.

First you can't stop posting about how terrible a car the C8 will be, but now have resorted to how common the C8 will be on the streets. I'm sure if it's that bad, why would it sell so well?? DUH ... Porsche could only wish it could sell that many 911's in the US instead of year over year declining sales.

Can't make this stuff up ....

Quick Reply: Thoughts on the new corvette?