Notices
View Poll Results: what do you think?
really clean, nice looking Vette....
31.46%
a very different Vette but we'll sure as hell take it.
29.84%
i'll be ordering one soon.......
17.72%
No thank you
20.98%
Voters: 553. You may not vote on this poll

Thoughts on the new corvette?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 11:59 AM
95spiderman
Burning Brakes

Received 149 Likes on 96 Posts

zr1 had trouble with traction putting power to the ground. c8 should fix that issue. give it an 800 hp dohc tt motor it will be a lap time superstar. hope they give it the cooling to make it more than a 1 lap wonder though
The following users liked this post:
2slow2speed (08-02-2019)
Old 08-02-2019, 12:38 PM
Caustic
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Chester7
@Shockwave Is that a real picture of Rapid Blue, or a photoshop? I love the color in your picture. It would be my favorite.
This should give you an idea on what the Rapid Blue looks like:

Old 08-02-2019, 12:52 PM
Chester7
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Caustic
This should give you an idea on what the Rapid Blue looks like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5Xawaozk50
Thanks Caustic. I love the color. Rmeinds me of Mexico Blue. My rare 718 CGTS in Miami Blue may be surrounded by hoards of Rapid Blue C8 Corvettes. These Chevy guys are deflating my balloon a bit.
Old 08-02-2019, 12:56 PM
d00d
Rennlist Member

Received 278 Likes on 182 Posts

GM's Rapid Blue is thought to be similar to Ford's Grabber Blue, and looks to be very close to Porsche's Mexico Blue.
Old 08-02-2019, 01:02 PM
fast1
Race Car

Received 221 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by K-A
Um. It’s not “my judgement.” It’s facts.

No C7 ZR1 has posted better official track times than the best official GT2 RS times. This isn’t opinion or saying “Porsche is better” even. You brought it up, and still keep attempting to move the goalposts around to deny the realty of that situation. Is the Vette kool aid that good?
LOL Ok Just what I thought, it's from what you read. I've driven a GT2 RS but never a ZR1, so unlike you I won't make a judgement. But I have tracked a C7 Z06 and given the price differential between the two: $325K for the GT2 RS and $85K for a Z06, I'd take the the Z06 in a heartbeat. OTOH if I were a lot richer than I am and the extra $150K was chump change, I'd go with the GT2.
bertram928 (08-02-2019)
Old 08-02-2019, 01:07 PM
fast1
Race Car

Received 221 Likes on 146 Posts

Thanks Caustic. I love the color. Rmeinds me of Mexico Blue. My rare 718 CGTS in Miami Blue may be surrounded by hoards of Rapid Blue C8 Corvettes. These Chevy guys are deflating my balloon a bit.
Neither the car nor the color if your aim is to blend in with the rest of the cars. If it were red most people would think it were a Ferrari.
Old 08-02-2019, 01:59 PM
Caustic
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by d00d
GM's Rapid Blue is thought to be similar to Ford's Grabber Blue, and looks to be very close to Porsche's Mexico Blue.
No question, Porsche's Mexico Blue is a rare and beautiful color, I would not be too worried about it standing out. Chevy is saying that they will start producing vettes in Rapid Blue later on in the MY20 run, so you won't see any till probably summer.

But I do think the other manufacturers have caught on. I see a decent amount of Mustangs in Grabber Blue.

I flip back and forth between Rapid Blue and Sebring Orange. I bought a 2002 NSX in black back in the day, but I always wanted an Imola Orange. I might just go that way with the C8.

Whew, man. That corvette needs a drop and some spacers.
2slow2speed (08-02-2019)
Old 08-02-2019, 02:02 PM
2slow2speed
Pro

Received 108 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Caustic
The current rumor is that they will be using variants of the Cadillac Blackwing V8 with a different turbo setup for their higher performance versions. I'd be surprised if they move away from the LTx/LSx engines but the Blackwing already exists and provides what they are looking for.

I would rather have a supercharger, but wouldn't a SC be more difficult to cool in this configuration?
In a traditional positive displacement SC system that sits on top of the engine, cooling would be challenging since there is no cool air that flows directly on top of the engine. One way would be to redirect cold air using a scoop on the roof or on the rear hatch. Another method would be to use a heat exchanger surrounding the SC that uses a fluid that runs towards an exposed external radiator (side vents or all the way to the front of the car).

Should be interesting to see what the various Tuners come up as forced induction products for the C8 Stingray.
Old 08-02-2019, 03:19 PM
SoCal-NSX
Burning Brakes

Received 895 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by K-A
The emissions scandal is bad indeed. But knowingly putting specific lives in immediate danger to save a few cents is a bit different than cheating emissions.

We’re talking pre-WW2 GM vs post taxpayer bailout GM. Not exactly the same company. We have people here trying to say the ignition fiasco GM is laughably a “different company” than today’s GM, despite the fact that hoards of employees from then are employees from now. Now all of a sudden WW2 GM is today’s GM? Check out GM cars of the 90’s and 2000’s on NHTSA’s website, where they hold a record level of “safety hazard” designations due to collapsing structures. They didn’t skimp on life threatening quality only during the ignition fiasco. Frankly, I don’t think there’s any automaker on earth who’s willingly put more Americans in danger through the decades.

Yes, I know about Ferdinand’s history with Nazism. Can’t blame anyone who would never let that slide and will judge the brand accordingly. One thing I will give Germany as a whole credit for is handling their darkest moments with strength and a zero tolerance policy.

Can’t entirely say the same for GM, who allowed remnants of our own countries darkest moments to continue for over 2 years in one of their plants. In 2018. And they got sued for negligence there too. We’re talking open displays of nooses, violent racial segregation era harassments toward black employees, and pro KKK rhetoric.

And that Ohio plant built cars that were very recently sold to customers.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/01/16/u...uit/index.html

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1PQ5RV
Dude, you make a fool of yourself in just about every post, but you literally jumped the shark with this one ....lol

Do yourself and everyone on this thread a favor and take a break.

good lord
Old 08-02-2019, 04:37 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 170 Likes on 126 Posts

Thank you STG for linking this thread in another.. Your posts and memes have always been classics across the board. This one was buried away from plain view.. HILARIOUS thread.

You all have valid points, and nobody is truly "wrong". We all know for 60K in the eyes of us Porsche owners corners were cut... Prior to owning a 911, would I have noticed the gaps in the cup holder lid, rubber window trim? Yes and no, but it wouldn't bug me. Now it would... Love the C8, what it offers and what it means for the auto industry. BRING THOSE VALUES DOWN BABY! I'm aborting on the 991.2 GTS while I can still net over 6 figures for it... Letting off the throttle until the C8 arrives and values plummet. I'll be back in the car world again... One thing I have started to notice on the C8 which makes it look "cheap" is the large amount of body to wheel size ratio in the quarter panel. Looks a little bloated with overhang. Look at photos in posts 2110 and 2122
CaymanCarver (08-03-2019)
Old 08-02-2019, 08:37 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 210 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by Psorcery
Thank you STG for linking this thread in another.. Your posts and memes have always been classics across the board. This one was buried away from plain view.. HILARIOUS thread.
Funny how reasonable people can have such different views. STG’s posts are are consistently the worst on Rennlist - however, he does now have some competition from K-A.
CaymanCarver (08-03-2019)
Old 08-02-2019, 08:42 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 170 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by BryanCO
Funny how reasonable people can have such different views. STG’s posts are are consistently the worst on Rennlist - however, he does now have some competition from K-A.
Hey if we all had the same personalities, we probably wouldn't be here. I find humor in his posts and mostly agree with them. The memes in the Hot For Sale thread are pretty funny too. The milk carton meme was too good.

KA on the other hand.. Yeah, I know.
Old 08-02-2019, 09:00 PM
stealthpilot
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by K-A
The emissions scandal is bad indeed. But knowingly putting specific lives in immediate danger to save a few cents is a bit different than cheating emissions.
That's not true. Knowingly lying about emissions is the same as knowingly putting lives at risk. To say otherwise is to be ignorant of the health impact of diesel emissions.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...ths-year-study

I think the bottom line here though is we shouldn't hold it against Porsche because VW seems to have learned their lesson. And so does GM.
Old 08-02-2019, 09:02 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by BryanCO

Old 08-02-2019, 09:08 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 210 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by Psorcery
Hey if we all had the same personalities, we probably wouldn't be here. I find humor in his posts and mostly agree with them. The memes in the Hot For Sale thread are pretty funny too. The milk carton meme was too good.

KA on the other hand.. Yeah, I know.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on the new corvette?