Notices
View Poll Results: what do you think?
really clean, nice looking Vette....
31.46%
a very different Vette but we'll sure as hell take it.
29.84%
i'll be ordering one soon.......
17.72%
No thank you
20.98%
Voters: 553. You may not vote on this poll

Thoughts on the new corvette?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2019, 10:44 AM
CaymanCarver
Pro

Received 252 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by CaymanCrush
An axiom for any product - There are only three available parameters.

1) Performance (Fast)
2) Quality (Good)
3) Price (Cheap)

Pick two. That's all you get. You only get 2.

High Performance + High Quality => ain't gonna be Cheap.
High Performance + Low Price => ain't gonna be Good. (*)

"don't get me wrong, the C7 Z51 checked off all the boxes, but it just didn't have a soul".
FACT:
GM took the lost soul of the C7 and sold it TO THE DEVIL just so the C8 could overcome The Rule of Three.
Likely, this event happened at the crossroads.

If you buy the C8, you automatically become a minion of SATAN.

Just sayin'.. Buyer beware.

© ™ CaymanCrush

Sadly however, The Devil played a trick on GM (as Satan often does) and withheld the proper alignment of the special stitching of the interior bits.
Old 08-01-2019, 10:55 AM
LnC993
Pro

Received 165 Likes on 77 Posts

Ferrari fans react to C8 at FerrariChat

https://www.motor1.com/features/3623...corvette-2020/
Old 08-01-2019, 11:24 AM
Caustic
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by K-A
Nah. Being assured I'm getting a state of the art chassis is simply something that factors into 100% of the time I'm behind the wheel of a car.

But sure, guy on internet makes statement undermining why car manufacturers use torsional rigidity figures to tout the material and construction advancements of their cars so he can feel better about assuming C8 arrives at said price point due to pixie dust and not underlying compromises GM is famous for. Makes more sense.

Oh, but how can this be! Must be a modified pic by Porsche to sabotage C8 pixie dust. GM famous for misaligned panels were reborn at the time the C8 was designed!

Or maybe a tracked car whose meager 15K torsional rigidity loosened up some of those chassis bolts.

Funny. When I entered this thread, seemed to be a sausage fest of a few guys irrationally hating Porsche. Which is humorous for me to say as I've been trashing Porsche's new 911's for the better part of 2 years now. I'm simply a realist. Those same people clearly have a problem accepting the C8 is only available with a substandard torsional rigidity figure. And choose to forget GM's history of weak structures and safety/build quality compromises that often went as far as being life threatening. Some people like to connect dots. Some choose not to. "Ignorance is bliss."

...Blah, blah blah, torsional rigidity...

Is there a reading comprehension divide we're experiencing? I never said "no Vette has beaten a 911." I said TODAY, which is the only day that matters, there isn't a production Corvette that is faster than the fastest production 911. I don't even care about track times, but the subject was brought up. If the C8 invigorates me more than a 992 (probably not hard with the muted 9A2 turbo) then that's a factor I'd find more important in the real world.

Find me a stock Vette that puts up better track times than a GT2 RS. I'm not talking about 2 years ago, or at a track my aunt saw her friends husband drive on, or next year, I'm talking about today. That's my simple point.

You're welcome. It'll help if I buy one, while at the same time cutting through the initial circle jerk where GM's historically paltry Vette rigidity figures were conveniently glossed over.
The quote
I'm simply a realist.
Is the funniest part of this whole post. And maybe this thread.

You will go forth and cut through all the GM circle jerks, splash damage be damned!
The following users liked this post:
bertram928 (08-01-2019)
Old 08-01-2019, 11:29 AM
2slow2speed
Pro

Received 108 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by CaymanCrush
FACT:
GM took the lost soul of the C7 and sold it TO THE DEVIL just so the C8 could overcome The Rule of Three.
Likely, this event happened at the crossroads.

If you buy the C8, you automatically become a minion of SATAN.

Just sayin'.. Buyer beware.

© ™ CaymanCrush

Sadly however, The Devil played a trick on GM (as Satan often does) and withheld the proper alignment of the special stitching of the interior bits.
Coudn't stop laughing after reading your post.

BTW: I believe the standard character limit is up to 7 letters/numbers for the CA custom plates, maybe C8AN made a deal with CA's DMV to get that 8th character for the special plates of his minions. So 6 is not really the number of the devil it is actually 8!
Old 08-01-2019, 11:39 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 137 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Caustic
The quote Is the funniest part of this whole post. And maybe this thread.

You will go forth and cut through all the GM circle jerks, splash damage be damned!
Coming from the “C8 is unicorn dust, can do no wrong, never question Lord GM, they might have killed 124 people to save 2 cents per ignition switch but it was a whole 5 years ago so stop bringing it up because it’s relevant as the Stone Age and my jerking was close to climax” guy, I guess it’s a compliment.
Old 08-01-2019, 11:41 AM
Caustic
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by K-A
Coming from the “C8 is unicorn dust, can do no wrong, never question Lord GM, they might have killed 124 people to save 2 cents per ignition switch but it was a whole 5 years ago so stop bringing it up because it’s relevant as the Stone Age and my jerking was close to climax” guy, I guess it’s a compliment.
It sure was, I was complimenting you!
Old 08-01-2019, 01:16 PM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,204 Likes on 1,243 Posts

LOL

The following 4 users liked this post by hacker-pschorr:
C5driver (08-01-2019), Caustic (08-01-2019), Craigy (08-05-2019), K-A (08-01-2019)
Old 08-01-2019, 01:23 PM
C5driver
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Hacker-Pschorr
LOL

/copy for meme-worthiness
Old 08-01-2019, 01:24 PM
Caustic
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hacker-Pschorr
LOL

Jorts and New Balance. I'm getting my closet ready right now!

Craigy (08-05-2019)
Old 08-01-2019, 01:36 PM
bertram928
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by K-A

It happened a whopping 5 years ago. I.e when the C8 started development. But that same person should go on about how “thou shant dareth question or critique underlying construction methods and materials choices for muh unicorn dust Corvette.”

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a1...-274-injuries/
within seconds of opening link this popped out:

"The settlement fund was set up in June 2014 weeks after a damning internal audit that found company employees failed to report safety problems since 2001."
Bottom line the switch design and cover up happened over a decade prior to Mary being CEO

I too have remind myself to read twice and post once LOL

should Adderall XR be prescribed as well ??
Old 08-01-2019, 02:32 PM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts

A GT2RS well yeah. I saw one sold the other day while I was at Porsche. Good stuff.

Let's compare our 60,000 or 70,000$ fun and affordable everyday Corvette to some more cars shall we?

Hey how about a 918? Yeah! You got a voucher in your pocket for one, or a quick million in your wallet? Ok, make it a mil and a half.

One looks good, has a big ol V8 in it and you can go to the nicest restaurant or the beach or McDonalds in the thing. The other, your friends can ooh and aah over it sitting there with 40 miles on it.

Man I had buds in my Harley days that had some incredible high dollar custom builds. Of course you never could go anywhere together . They would trailer them across town, unload at the mall area and ride them a mile to the bar. Then back on the trailer. Whew . . . you wonder where Posers came from. All they needed to add was structural rigidity to this equation.

Irrationally hating you say? Better look closer. I have had 30 plus years of Porsche - one brand spanking new one sitting the garage right now. The irrational part is to ignore what is coming good on the horizon and try to turn in it to some ad hoc minutiae.

As a matter of fact I think the Germans did just that on the battlefields of WW2 once before. Those Panzers and Luftwaffe were invincible - right up until they had to match up to those under built American planes and tanks. You saw how that worked out right.
SoCal-NSX (08-01-2019)
Old 08-01-2019, 02:46 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

So with everything being so "driver-centric" and with that tall button-wall in the middle, is the passenger discouraged (prevented?) from changing the radio, the sound, or helping with navigation/maps? I don't see how this is an advantage.

EDIT: Could the driver's hand even reach the passenger's knee?
Old 08-01-2019, 03:10 PM
Snakebit10
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by K-A
My comment plainly signified that no Vette has beaten peak 911 track times: Fact.
Originally Posted by K-A
I mean that no production Vette of date has put up better times than the fastest production 911 to date.
Originally Posted by K-A
Is there a reading comprehension divide we're experiencing? I never said "no Vette has beaten a 911." I said TODAY, which is the only day that matters, there isn't a production Corvette that is faster than the fastest production 911. I don't even care about track times, but the subject was brought up. If the C8 invigorates me more than a 992 (probably not hard with the muted 9A2 turbo) then that's a factor I'd find more important in the real world.

Find me a stock Vette that puts up better track times than a GT2 RS. I'm not talking about 2 years ago, or at a track my aunt saw her friends husband drive on, or next year, I'm talking about today. That's my simple point.
Those are your words above and you are trying to get at me for reading comprehension? You clearly said "no Vette has beaten peak 911 track times: Fact." You cleaned it up second time around but the logic is still flawed.

Ok so lets take your now revised statement harping on "today". So while we are at it the sky is blue and water is wet lol. There is no ZR1 or Z06 yet so you are correct as of today but to use that logic as a statement of fact as to why the C8 is trash or will be slower than the GT2 RS is ridiculous lolol. Lets compare the C8 to the comparable Porsche...How you like its chances
The following 2 users liked this post by Snakebit10:
bertram928 (08-01-2019), SoCal-NSX (08-01-2019)
Old 08-01-2019, 03:19 PM
eltoshan
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
So with everything being so "driver-centric" and with that tall button-wall in the middle, is the passenger discouraged (prevented?) from changing the radio, the sound, or helping with navigation/maps? I don't see how this is an advantage.

EDIT: Could the driver's hand even reach the passenger's knee?
That’s my biggest gripe, the center divide. I don’t even know if the passenger can see the infotainment screen
Old 08-01-2019, 03:30 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Maybe use another car for that??
So you think the answer is no? That's too bad. Why wouldn't you want to use the C8 for that? Or at least why make it impossible for someone to use it for that if they so choose? Sure seems off target if GM's goal is to make the Corvette more appealing to younger buyers.

And maybe ease up on the multimedia presentations. Imagine how the thread would look like if everyone posted like you do.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on the new corvette?