Notices
View Poll Results: what do you think?
really clean, nice looking Vette....
31.46%
a very different Vette but we'll sure as hell take it.
29.84%
i'll be ordering one soon.......
17.72%
No thank you
20.98%
Voters: 553. You may not vote on this poll

Thoughts on the new corvette?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2019, 09:35 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Old 07-30-2019, 09:39 PM
STG
Race Director

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...le-spy-photos/

Name:  photo234.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  1.18 MB
The following users liked this post:
porschedood5000 (07-31-2019)
Old 07-30-2019, 10:00 PM
StudGarden
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts

The sudden, breathless howls of torsional rigidity as the ultimate automotive standard are pretty much proof that the C8 has blown away expectations (and that's just the base model).

Porsche's back to back efforts of emphasizing that the new 911 base can be had stripped for barley under 100k and that silly app thing clearly show that they noticed and are concerned. Not that Chevy will cause them to liquidate overnight, but they are worried this will nibble into their sales. Oh look! You can display your virtual 911 cutaway build in your living room! Asked no one ever.

But hey, muh rigidity! So if that's what's holding C8 back from the power and the glory of cars it runs with now at multiples of its price, then all they have to do is offer a torsional rigidity package (I think they could put something together for 50-100K extra LMAFO!) and BOOM. Checkmate.
Old 07-30-2019, 10:08 PM
STG
Race Director

Old 07-30-2019, 10:10 PM
K-A
Drifting

Received 137 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by StudGarden
The sudden, breathless howls of torsional rigidity as the ultimate automotive standard are pretty much proof that the C8 has blown away expectations (and that's just the base model).

Porsche's back to back efforts of emphasizing that the new 911 base can be had stripped for barley under 100k and that silly app thing clearly show that they noticed and are concerned. Not that Chevy will cause them to liquidate overnight, but they are worried this will nibble into their sales. Oh look! You can display your virtual 911 cutaway build in your living room! Asked no one ever.

But hey, muh rigidity! So if that's what's holding C8 back from the power and the glory of cars it runs with now at multiples of its price, then all they have to do is offer a torsional rigidity package (I think they could put something together for 50-100K extra LMAFO!) and BOOM. Checkmate.
Yeah, nothing fundamentally wrong with a sports car whose chassis is bolted together and less rigid than a 2014 Cruz. Lmao. Go check out a 60K mile C6 that’s been driven remotely hard and I’m sure you’ll come away thinking “solid as the day it was new.”

GM also had the best intentions with those ignition switches. They can do no wrong.
CaymanCarver (07-31-2019)
Old 07-30-2019, 10:25 PM
StudGarden
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by K-A
Yeah, nothing fundamentally wrong with a sports car whose chassis is bolted together and less rigid than a 2014 Cruz. Lmao. Go check out a 60K mile C6 that’s been driven remotely hard and I’m sure you’ll come away thinking “solid as the day it was new.”

GM also had the best intentions with those ignition switches. They can do no wrong.
Every manufacturer has its issues at some point or another.

And I'm not saying C8 wins on rigidity. I'm just betting no one ends up caring. Playing the depreciation card is just silly too, especially against true collectible supercars or even small market GT offerings from Porsche. Drive a regular 911 off the lot and boom! Then when it's no longer under warranty, double boom. Put any real miles on it on top of that instead of bubble wrapping it and keeping it in a garage with a car cover...

I bet the C8 would appreciate immediately...if they only sold a couple thousand a year. That's. It really even the point though. And if it's really just a glorified Chevy Cruze, then Porsche very well just may end up losing some sales to a glorified Chevy Cruz...that just might even beat it on the track/ring.

And what's the rigidity of the 911 convertible again? I guess that makes it a glorified VW Cabrio.

And again, let's entertain the theory that C8 sucks because of this and that's why they will depreciate off a cliff and order will be restored etc. OK cool. So they at that point only need to offer a rigidity package (giggity) for 50-100K or a target delete option...maybe pair it with a few pounds of "lightweight glass" and a fabric door pull for another few grand and BOOM back on top. Easy button.
Old 07-30-2019, 10:51 PM
ZDan
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by K-A
C’mon, 15K is at the lowest range of ANY new car today. Who wants one of the least torsionally rigid cars available, if they have a choice?
As long as stiffness is sufficient for my needs, I don't care if it's "one of the least torsionally rigid cars available" (if that's even true). Beyond a minimum acceptable level of stiffness, I'm fine. Beyond that, it gets into diminishing returns very quickly.

Yes, slews of verts will match that figure. But A: The C8 isn’t a full open top.
Neither is the similarly targa-roofed Bugatti I referenced above. Yeah, it's stiffer at 22,000, but 1200hp and ~4200 lb, and of course $$$$$$$ and exotic in the extreme...

And B: Many people like myself AVOID verts because they’re so flexy and don’t hold up so solid over time. The point is you have no choice with the C8.
Believe it or not I try to avoid convertibles too, but I've wound up owning a few over the years, and they all held up very well over time.

The car you had which you’re referencing are 20-30 years old. We’ve come a long way since then.
I know, that actually *emphasizes* my point. A 7100 N-m/deg S2000 lasted for well over 240k miles including New England frozen winters and potholes and dozens upon dozens of track days (and it's still going strong with the new owner!) without falling apart or becoming "floppy" due to insufficient chassis stiffness. C8 is more than twice as stiff...

Those cars also didn’t have 500 HP engines,3,600+ lbs and the capacity to pull 1G’s stock. I.e, far less stress on the structure.
The FD had a 550hp 6.8 liter LS3 in it... FD and the S2000 could and did pull over 1g repeatedly at the track... Probably greater stresses from bounding over curbs at the track anyway, which of course I did a fair amount of...

when it comes from a brand historically known for soft chassis’ that flex and rattle over time, and whose owners who track Vettes commonly state how after abuse, the structures don’t feel the same.
This is a slightly different subject. I'll state again that additional increasing flex and rattling *over time* is not the same thing as chassis torsional stiffness. Again I'll point to my Honda S2000 with less than half the stiffness, which stayed tight and rattle-free (save for a softtop latch I had to replace) over its long and hard life. If you're worried about those issues and the car's reputation then fine, but IMO this is more of a design and build quality issue than base chassis stiffness issue.But I have instructed quite a few C5 and up Corvette drivers over the years and I haven't heard these complaints from them when talking about their cars.

Hence why why I am drawing correlations to the structure as well as the fact that’s it’s almost exclusively bolted being tied to a bigger picture.
Again with the fear of bolted joints, I don't get this fixation... There will be a modest weight hit (guess: less than 100 lb.) for this type of construction relative to an all-welded aluminum structure, but it's in the name of repairability of a mass-produced car.

Hypercar manufacturers go into great detail about how important their high torsional rigidity figures are to the long term durability and quality of their cars.
Yeah, like Bugatti touting the extreme torsional stiffness of 22,000 N-m/deg... If 22,000 N-m/deg is *extreme* stiffness for a 1200hp 4200 lb. hypercar, then maybe 15,000 N-m/deg is perfectly fine for a 495hp 3550-3600 lb. mass produced Corvette. I think it is...

I hear you on the fixed-roof vs. open-top, for sure I would much rather they built a true fixed-roof coupe but to *save weight* rather than to increase stiffness.
If the C8 is expected to perform as well as it should, it simply won’t be helped by a yes, soft figure.
IMO, the C8's performance is not going to be HURT by a torsional stiffness of 15,000 N-m/degree.
fast1 (07-30-2019)
Old 07-30-2019, 11:22 PM
fast1
Race Car

Received 221 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by ZDan
Chassis stiffness (within reason) is not strictly related to the rate at which screws loosen or structures become permanently deformed. You can have an extremely stiff chassis and have parts come loose and deform. You can have a more compliant chassis and have parts stay tight and never deform. Particularly at chassis stiffnesses we are talking about here. And despite your protestations, 15,000 N-m/deg is IMO quite stiff! Relative to reasonable sports car requirements anyway.
Personal experience:
I had a '90 FC RX-7 convertible that was flexible as hell, but it stayed better screwed-together and more rattle-free vs. way way WAY more rigid FD, which had notoriously fragile interior parts
I'd guess the FC 'vert's stiffness had to be less than 3000 N-m/deg. With the top down the first natural frequency felt like maybe 5 Hz, I mean it was very noticeably flexible! Car was totally solid structurally and interior bits wise, up until it lunched a couple of apex seals at 105k miles... FD was supposedly 15,000 N-m/deg. It was a street/track car for me with 13kg/mm springs, (and a 550hp 6.8 liter LS3...), chassis was a brick as far as I could tell. Interior bits snapped and came loose if looked at funny, though...
My 2001 S2000 had a stiffness of 7100 N-m/deg, reportedly. To me, it felt plenty stiff, and it stayed well screwed-together and rattle-free for 240k miles plus 50 or so track days! It was totally stock save for 4-point roll bar.

At one point I actually had a 1995 Z28 convertible, another flexi-flier! Believe it or not, as palpably soft as that car's structure was, it gave me zero problems and had no rattles ever. I had it from 60k to 110k miles.

To reiterate: 992 'vert is 15,000 N-m/deg... That does NOT mean it will fall apart or suffer permanent deformations during a lifetime of usage...

But it simply *isn't*. A chassis being stiffer does NOT mean it is "better-built", or more durable, or less prone to fasteners loosening, or less prone to structures permanently deforming or fracturing.

Well, 15,000 N-m/deg is stiff enough for Porsche's 992 covertible...

Again, as a professional structural engineer with industry experience, IMO 15 kN-m/deg shouldn't concern anyone who is going to drive this car on the road and at the track. If you're going pro racing at Daytona, Sebring, or LeMans, you might hold out for C8R...

Actually there are a fair number of direct comparison tests through the ages where the Corvette has been declared the better-handling and more driver-engaging car vs. 911 and Cayman even... Hell, here's a random one from my bathroom, November 2014 Road & Track, C7 picked over the Cayman in comparison test (3rd place M4).

Are there no bolted structures on the 911? Nothing inherently wrong with properly-designed bolted joints. Almost any modern vehicle is going to have a combination of welded and bolted structures, I'm pretty sure we already covered *why* they probably are going to more bolted-joint construction...

Anyway, in looking into this I came across these comments from an automotive engineer on engtips.com:
With production cars we saw a rapid increase in torsional stiffness in the 80s, and it hasn't stopped going up. At around 10000-20000 the gains in handling and S&R start to reach the point of diminishing returns but some manufacturers have a bit of a fetish about it.
The conversation was about how a "requirement" for a Chaparral 2 CanAm car from the 60s was a torsional stiffness of 4000 N-m/deg...

Here's what Bugatti had to say about the torsional stiffness of the open-top 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse (2012-2015), a 1200hp 4200 lb. car:
Like the Super Sport, the Vitesse uses a full-carbon monocoque which enables an extremely high torsional rigidity of 22,000 Nm per degree...

Again I'd like to say that as a structural engineer and long-time sports car enthusiast and track dog and driving instructor, this is where I LIVE. In my opinion, we have gotten to a point where just about any performance car is going to be *plenty* stiff enough for just about anything you want to throw at it. If anything I would prefer manufacturers of sports cars to dial it back a bit on *everything*: size, power, weight, stiffness, etc. and give me something like a modern 240Z...
WOW, I've never seen so many myths exploded in one post. Thanks for sharing your expertise.
Old 07-30-2019, 11:26 PM
K-A
Drifting

Originally Posted by StudGarden
Every manufacturer has its issues at some point or another.

And I'm not saying C8 wins on rigidity. I'm just betting no one ends up caring. Playing the depreciation card is just silly too, especially against true collectible supercars or even small market GT offerings from Porsche. Drive a regular 911 off the lot and boom! Then when it's no longer under warranty, double boom. Put any real miles on it on top of that instead of bubble wrapping it and keeping it in a garage with a car cover...

I bet the C8 would appreciate immediately...if they only sold a couple thousand a year. That's. It really even the point though. And if it's really just a glorified Chevy Cruze, then Porsche very well just may end up losing some sales to a glorified Chevy Cruz...that just might even beat it on the track/ring.

And what's the rigidity of the 911 convertible again? I guess that makes it a glorified VW Cabrio.

And again, let's entertain the theory that C8 sucks because of this and that's why they will depreciate off a cliff and order will be restored etc. OK cool. So they at that point only need to offer a rigidity package (giggity) for 50-100K or a target delete option...maybe pair it with a few pounds of "lightweight glass" and a fabric door pull for another few grand and BOOM back on top. Easy button.
Of course nobody will “care.” That’s because GM markets Vettes with paper stats in mind and skimp on the underbelly. It’s how they get these cars to their price targets (unicorn dust sold separately). But look at how poorly older Vettes hold up and you’ll see where said skimping starts to come into effect, and when people will start to “care,” hence fairly lousy depreciation rates. Someone pointed out that in the first few years, they depreciate similarly to 911’s (which doesn’t hold true for 991.1’s which have outperformed on the resale market). That’s not a good look for the Vette as cars with much higher costs should naturally depreciate at a much higher initial rate.

And again. I avoid 911 cabrios for a reason. Thankfully Porsche give you a hardtop option which is bank vault stiff.

And that’s the thing about rigidity. It’s hard to engineer in a rigidity “package” when rigidity is the basis of how your entire car comes together.

At at least let’s hope they include the “ignition switch package.” Most buyers I’m sure would pay the 2 cents for a switch that doesn’t kill them.

Originally Posted by ZDan
As long as stiffness is sufficient for my needs, I don't care if it's "one of the least torsionally rigid cars available" (if that's even true). Beyond a minimum acceptable level of stiffness, I'm fine. Beyond that, it gets into diminishing returns very quickly.

Neither is the similarly targa-roofed Bugatti I referenced above. Yeah, it's stiffer at 22,000, but 1200hp and ~4200 lb, and of course $$$$$$$ and exotic in the extreme...

Believe it or not I try to avoid convertibles too, but I've wound up owning a few over the years, and they all held up very well over time.

I know, that actually *emphasizes* my point. A 7100 N-m/deg S2000 lasted for well over 240k miles including New England frozen winters and potholes and dozens upon dozens of track days (and it's still going strong with the new owner!) without falling apart or becoming "floppy" due to insufficient chassis stiffness. C8 is more than twice as stiff...

The FD had a 550hp 6.8 liter LS3 in it... FD and the S2000 could and did pull over 1g repeatedly at the track... Probably greater stresses from bounding over curbs at the track anyway, which of course I did a fair amount of...

This is a slightly different subject. I'll state again that additional increasing flex and rattling *over time* is not the same thing as chassis torsional stiffness. Again I'll point to my Honda S2000 with less than half the stiffness, which stayed tight and rattle-free (save for a softtop latch I had to replace) over its long and hard life. If you're worried about those issues and the car's reputation then fine, but IMO this is more of a design and build quality issue than base chassis stiffness issue. I have instructed quite a few C5 and up Corvette drivers over the years and I haven't heard these complaints from them when talking about their cars.

Again with the fear of bolted joints, I don't get this fixation... There will be a modest weight hit (guess: less than 100 lb.) for this type of construction relative to an all-welded aluminum structure, but it's in the name of repairability of a mass-produced car.

Yeah, like Bugatti touting the extreme torsional stiffness of 22,000 N-m/deg... If 22,000 N-m/deg is *extreme* stiffness for a 1200hp 4200 lb. hypercar, then maybe 15,000 N-m/deg is perfectly fine for a 495hp 3550-3600 lb. mass produced Corvette. I think it is...

I hear you on the fixed-roof vs. open-top, for sure I would much rather they built a true fixed-roof coupe but to *save weight* rather than to increase stiffness.

IMO, the C8's performance is not going to be HURT by a torsional stiffness of 15,000 N-m/degree.
Thing is, IMO none of this exonerates GM. Yes, I understand that torsional rigidity isn’t the only basis for how stiff and tight a car is. But it is certainly one. And when you factor in GM being historically the worst at maintaining frame composure and overall built quality tightness over time + the fact that no manufacturer has more “warning” tags attached to it than GM by NHTSA due to weak structures, and the fact that older Vettes tend to feel “floppy” compared to German or Japanese cars, and the fact that the C8 is mostly bolted together, plus the price point for the car and what it offers for said price: my “alert” flag goes up. Honda isn’t GM. Honda has made cars that are proven far more durable.

Bugatti touts that figure since as we see, it’s hard for a vert to get a high rigidity figure. But the C8 is NOT a vert (I guess both are targas) and you have no option for a stiffer overall chassis. The Bugatti targa is also 50% stiffer than the C8.

And Bugatti hardtops have huge rigidity figures.

What do you predict a hardtop C8 would have? I doubt anything Chevy makes, with the repeated materials compromises they had to make (someone posted a link stating they couldn’t get the sources they wanted so had to make compromises. Not to mention lack of welds which in no way gives confidence, repairs don’t take precedence to me, that’s for insurance companies to worry about) would exceed 25K. And that’s being generous. They just don’t have the construction capability. And 100 lb added due to bolts again
signifies there’s a structural compromise story here. I don’t buy the “easier repairs” excuses. No other high performance manufacturer puts emphasis on that. Conveniently, only GM.

Also, it was shown that they use a partially plastic floorpan under the seats. Which the reviewer pointed out as odd. Is that expected to be spun as a good thing too? Would you rather have a plastic safety cage or ultra high strength steels?

Again. The fact that GM are historically known to skimp on important structural measures, as well are the hallmark “rattle” company, is what exacerbates this subject to me. It would just be a tough pill to go from a 911 built to withstand 40,000 degrees of twist, to a Chevy build to withstand 15,000. And I don’t agree with the “diminishing returns” concept. I’ve driven used cars that have been driven hard and I feel there’s always ways to notice they can be tighter.

A 7,500 deg/nm S2000 is one of the last cars you want to be in, if that frame is put to a high load (read: impacts) situation. Not every accident is one and done. Many test different portions of the frame, and sometimes simultaneously. Whether or not torsional rigidity is the key factor to how it will perform doesn’t diminish the fact that it’s one important measure to see how much stress a car can handle in multitudes of situations.
CaymanCarver (07-31-2019)
Old 07-30-2019, 11:49 PM
Bemo
Drifting

Received 262 Likes on 172 Posts

I love my '15 GTS and have no plans to sell it anytime soon.
That said, if I was in the market for a new sports car I would give the new 'vette a very serious look. The price of admission coupled with a massive naturally aspirated V8 a mere foot behind my ears would be difficult to resist.
Would prefer a glorious screaming ~$60k V8, than a new turbo-powered 911, much more expensive and a huge letdown with its fake exhausts, nubbin and pixelated gauges.
Both cars represent compromises except that one sounds better and saves gobs of cash.
Count me in for a C8.
Old 07-31-2019, 12:02 AM
K-A
Drifting

Originally Posted by Bemo
I love my '15 GTS and have no plans to sell it anytime soon.
That said, if I was in the market for a new sports car I would give the new 'vette a very serious look. The price of admission coupled with a massive naturally aspirated V8 a mere foot behind my ears would be difficult to resist.
Would prefer a glorious screaming ~$60k V8, than a new turbo-powered 911, much more expensive and a huge letdown with its fake exhausts, nubbin and pixelated gauges.
Both cars represent compromises except that one sounds better and saves gobs of cash.
Count me in for a C8.
I actually feel the same way. If given either for free, I’d take the 992 just because I know it’ll be a better engineered car, albeit the bland sound would bore me. If I’m paying, I’d perhaps take the C8 for the N/A V8 behind the ears alone.

Porsche needs to release a 992 Carrera with a 9A2evo to really grab my attention with the new gen.
Old 07-31-2019, 12:09 AM
Noah Fect
Rennlist Member

Received 1,301 Likes on 886 Posts

What do you predict a hardtop C8 would have?
As he's explained, it doesn't matter. (I'm still waiting for someone, engineer or otherwise, to explain why torsional rigidity is a primary concern in rear/mid-engine cars.)

I doubt anything Chevy makes, with the repeated materials compromises they had to make (someone posted a link stating they couldn’t get the sources they wanted so had to make compromises.
I agree with you there. That story about getting no-bids from their suppliers doesn't sit well with me.

I don’t buy the “easier repairs” excuses. No other high performance manufacturer puts emphasis on that. Conveniently, only GM.
That's exactly why the 992 no longer has actual exhaust pipes, just chromed openings in the rear fascia and rough metalwork behind it. They have stated unequivocally that this was done to lower costs due to rear collisions.

Also, it was shown that they use a partially plastic floorpan under the seats. Which the reviewer pointed out as odd. Is that expected to be spun as a good thing too? Would you rather have a plastic safety cage or ultra high strength steels?
Porsche has been using plastic oil pans since the 991.2 generation. Materials tech is pretty awesome, huh.

Historically they've actually used balsa wood in the Corvette flooring, I believe. It's a valid-enough technique. Doesn't seem to be causing a lot of complaints among the C5 people.

Again. The fact that GM are historically known to skimp on important structural measures, as well are the hallmark “rattle” company, is what exacerbates this subject to me. It would just be a tough pill to go from a 911 built to withstand 40,000 degrees of twist, to a Chevy build to withstand 15,000. And I don’t agree with the “diminishing returns” concept. I’ve driven used cars that have been driven hard and I feel there’s always ways to notice they can be tighter.
Most engineering schools expect tighter reasoning than that. Didn't yours?
Old 07-31-2019, 12:24 AM
K-A
Drifting

Originally Posted by Noah Fect
As he's explained, it doesn't matter. (I'm still waiting for someone, engineer or otherwise, to explain why torsional rigidity is a primary concern in rear/mid-engine cars.)

I agree with you there. That story about getting no-bids from their suppliers doesn't sit well with me.

That's exactly why the 992 no longer has actual exhaust pipes, just chromed openings in the rear fascia and rough metalwork behind it. They have stated unequivocally that this was done to lower costs due to rear collisions.

Porsche has been using plastic oil pans since the 991.2 generation. Materials tech is pretty awesome, huh.

Historically they've actually used balsa wood in the Corvette flooring, I believe. It's a valid-enough technique. Doesn't seem to be causing a lot of complaints among the C5 people.

Most engineering schools expect tighter reasoning than that. Didn't yours?
Torsional rigidity is a primary concern for any car. It’s cited as the benchmark basis to tout material and construction quality of a cars “innards” for a reason. Read up on how proud Koenigsegg is of their 50+K figure and what it means (and why it’s important) to them.

Why are track times a primary concern when most drivers will never track or drive their cars at the limit?

Re: the 992, I find their rear highly flawed looking due to that. However, I’ll take fake exhaust pipes over a bolted together chassis. All day.

Plenty have complained about the 991.2 moving to a plastic oil pan. Again, however, GM’s compromises keep coming back to structural integrity and safety. Kind of “funny” from the manufacturer who allowed ignition switches that killed 130 or so people to be used because they saved literal pennies, wouldn’t you say?

The C5 is the last car we want to use as a basis for comparison. Saying they used wood in the flooring doesn’t make using wood smart. It signifies how heavily compromised in construction the C5 is. No coincidence it hails from a generation of GM’s that have the worst NHTSA crash/structural ratings ever recorded.

Last edited by K-A; 07-31-2019 at 01:02 AM.
Old 07-31-2019, 12:25 AM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

Received 268 Likes on 168 Posts

While I am a lifelong Corvette fan and currently drive a 911, the issue I see is Porsche is beginning to price themselves out of many people's affordability. The premium for the 992 over the 991.2 is excessive and the 992 is somewhat de-contented to even get to that point. I think the C8 Corvette is definitely going to appeal to many Porsche owners as well as owners of all other sports car marques. Hopefully the reviews after they are released for press use will be favorable.
The following 2 users liked this post by Dr Chill:
Craigy (08-05-2019), porschedood5000 (07-31-2019)
Old 07-31-2019, 12:26 AM
Bemo
Drifting

Received 262 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by K-A
I actually feel the same way. If given either for free, I’d take the 992 just because I know it’ll be a better engineered car, albeit the bland sound would bore me. If I’m paying, I’d perhaps take the C8 for the N/A V8 behind the ears alone.

Porsche needs to release a 992 Carrera with a 9A2evo to really grab my attention with the new gen.
GM moved to a mid engine configuration and here we are hoping for a 9A2 in a 911, but a distant dream!

I'm starting to dig V8s more and more for their sonorous characteristics. Having one and comparing it to the 9A1 is quite interesting. The 911 is mean and raspy while the V8 is deep and authoritative. The 3.8L is still more pronounced than the S65 but I'll fix that with a carbon plenum (Eventuri or Karbonius) at which point I'm fairly convinced that the M3 would be the go to choice for sound theatrics with the 911 reserved for precision runs in the hills of CT.

I wonder if it will be a year or more before we can get behind the wheel of a C8 for a test drive...

Quick Reply: Thoughts on the new corvette?