Notices
E/SIM Racing For discussion and info on iRacing, SIMs etc.

Rennlist iRacing thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 10:13 AM
abqautoxer
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

Luke is super fast on the OEM setup. I'm using the same and practice with 8.9 gallons of fuel. I've tried minor changes to that OEM and then found I was slower and when pressured by Justin, I was just messy and crashed. So back to the OEM with maybe 1 click of rear wing or the gurney flap removed but that is it.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:21 AM
loxner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HoBoJoe
Thanks for the tips, I'm "working from home" today because of the weather so hopefully I can get some extra practice time in.

I find a lot of people are still running the baseline setup with just fuel adjusted. Luke was running 43s with the baseline.
I really like the iRacing baseline setup at Daytona. I'm sure you could probably make it faster if you knew how to properly adjust everything (which I definitely don't - LOL). But It's stable, pretty fast, and I trust the car with that setup, so it's what I'm going to continue running for now. It pushes a bit on slower tracks, but at fast courses like Daytona it seems to work great.

I'm sure a lot of it is just driver preference / driving style though.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:41 AM
Farmer Steve
6th Gear

Originally Posted by HoBoJoe
We run practice Sunday nights and practice/qualify/race on Wednesday night in the Ruf Track. Also we tend to have unplanned practice or race sessions at random times during the week. If you'd like to join the league either PM me your iracing name or apply to our league Rennlist Racers.
Thanks. I applied to the league. Don't even own Daytona yet so I'll download it and try to stay out of everyone's path while I learn... maybe better if I just spectate at first. If you see a car with the turn signals on, it is probably me... I hear us old people tend to do that.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:44 AM
HoBoJoe
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Steve I accepted your invite, if you want a specific car number let us know. Our session starts tonight at 8pm est.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:19 PM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 188 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by abqautoxer
and then found I was slower and when pressured by Justin, I was just messy and crashed.
The whole race is going to be a pressure cooker. If racers survive to the oval section we will bunch right back up for T1 again. The only way to break free is in the infield and I reckon you need a 2 second or more gap not to get caught again. I would even go so far as to suggest that passing in the infield is futile because you're just going to give a tow down the straights. Even if you do make a pass and build a gap, 2 guys working together can reel you in. Working together is going to be the tough part because you really have to trust your partner and not rear end each other into the bus stop or T1.

The Rolex 25 (minutes) is tonight!
Old 01-22-2014, 05:07 PM
Gator_86_951
Spell Checker
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 296 Posts

We are starting at 8pm est, right? So that makes practice run until 9:20 and the race starts at 9:45pm, I think. I don't want to miss the start of the race like I did last time.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:15 PM
Charles A. Toupin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Talking

I was so bad last Sunday night in trying to do Turn 1 at Daytona that I'm leaving there tomorrow to see how the pros are doing it!

c.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:21 PM
Farmer Steve
6th Gear

OK... I'm going to try to join you guys. I appreciate being able to join after just finding this thread today.

I'm the new kid in this school, so I apologize ahead of time. I just downloaded the track and should be able to find my way out of the pits by practice time. If I become a menace on the track, just let me know and I'll park and watch. No problem. I just don't want to mess up your practice time.

Microphone on the Mac version doesn't work well because you have to down the button about 2 seconds after you finish talking or it clips off. If I don't answer anyone right away when you yell at me, it isn't that I don't hear you.

New car, new track, never done a night race before (didn't even know iRacing had them). Never done a rolling start. Pray for me.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:21 PM
Indy Rev
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Still at work. Im hoping to make it home in time for the race.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:48 PM
HoBoJoe
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Farmer Steve
OK... I'm going to try to join you guys. I appreciate being able to join after just finding this thread today.

I'm the new kid in this school, so I apologize ahead of time. I just downloaded the track and should be able to find my way out of the pits by practice time. If I become a menace on the track, just let me know and I'll park and watch. No problem. I just don't want to mess up your practice time.

Microphone on the Mac version doesn't work well because you have to down the button about 2 seconds after you finish talking or it clips off. If I don't answer anyone right away when you yell at me, it isn't that I don't hear you.

New car, new track, never done a night race before (didn't even know iRacing had them). Never done a rolling start. Pray for me.
No worries, we have a lot of guys that just started iracing this month so I'm sure you'll be fine. You can do testing on the track at night as well, it's a checkbox next to weather.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:03 PM
PorscheZen
Rennlist Member

Where is everybody? Isn't there a session now?
Old 01-22-2014, 09:08 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Yep - look under Leagues, not Hosted.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:09 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Do we have a Tom Bingham here?
Old 01-22-2014, 10:19 PM
banzaisan
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HELP! About a month ago I pulled the trigger and bought the Fanatec Porsche GT2 wheel and the Clubsport pedals V2. When my shipment arrived noticed that my wheel was damaged. Fanatec put me through the ringer to get a replacement wheel. Well, I got my new wheel today! Bad news, I can’t get my PC to recognize the wheel. I’m using Win 7/64bit and downloaded the latest driver. Since it did not work, I tried to delete the driver but I can’t find it in my system. I know if I ask for help at Fanatec it might be another month before I get an answer from them.

Any suggestions is appreciated.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:18 PM
loxner

Great race tonight! Congrats to Justin and Jim on 1st and 2nd, respectively.

Now on to Sebring...

Quick Reply: Rennlist iRacing thread