Notices
E/SIM Racing For discussion and info on iRacing, SIMs etc.

Rennlist iRacing thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 12:48 PM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 186 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Gator_86_951
Like a lion stalking it's prey, or a hungry early morning Canadian traveler spotting a horton's, Justin pounces on this moment of weakness.
Haha! That is so true. A bagel "BELT", large "double double", and a sour cream glazed are a very welcome sight.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:48 PM
HoBoJoe
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The people have spoke, I'll stick to the Ruf Track for our fun runs.

Any input on the track? I'm going to try and run some laps on Okayama tonight and see how I do with the Ruf, I've only ever had the Miata out there.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:52 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

LOL I start typing a response, get pulled away for work (what the heck people, can't you see I'm posting to RL right now?!?), come back... and a bunch of others have responded LOL.

Justin's point is very valid - some cars handle SOOOOO differently from others, it can be really tough to spend time in one, then jump to a completely different car. We should just stick to one. We've got seriously awesome participation rates right now - I'd hate to start throwing new cars around and make folks frustrated, ya know?
Old 01-23-2014, 12:55 PM
abqautoxer
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

yeah let's stick to the RUF race, it just works and would give people extra practice for the league races.

Track choices I like both you suggested but Okayama full gets my vote.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:57 PM
HoBoJoe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by OmniGLH
LOL I start typing a response, get pulled away for work (what the heck people, can't you see I'm posting to RL right now?!?), come back... and a bunch of others have responded LOL.

Justin's point is very valid - some cars handle SOOOOO differently from others, it can be really tough to spend time in one, then jump to a completely different car. We should just stick to one. We've got seriously awesome participation rates right now - I'd hate to start throwing new cars around and make folks frustrated, ya know?
Agreed. However, to any driver who needs extra practice working on their official iracing career I will still host practices for that as well. We did one practice session with the Mazda Cup/Roadster to help a few new guys work on their Mazda cup series.

Season 1 starts next week so start practicing!
Old 01-23-2014, 01:03 PM
abqautoxer
Burning Brakes

I need to find a series to run. After these years I'm still a D license despite a good irating and safety rating. With the new seasons starting, any suggestions?
Old 01-23-2014, 01:05 PM
HoBoJoe
Rennlist Member

I'm planning on running the skippy series, however I'll be trying the spec ford as well.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:05 PM
JustinL
Drifting

I think Jim mentioned earlier about doing more practice starts. Is this something we should do? Maybe dedicate some time during the Sunday practice to heavy traffic situations. Running in close proximity to other drivers seems to be what is causing most of the incidents in our races.

I know conquering the emotions is what took me the longest in iracing and I still hear my heartbeat in my ear buds at the start of a race. Just the presence of another driver is often enough to distract someone enough into making mistakes. Luke was pretty much flawless until I started to be a feature in his mirrors.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:07 PM
Indy Rev
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by abqautoxer
I need to find a series to run. After these years I'm still a D license despite a good irating and safety rating. With the new seasons starting, any suggestions?
Skippy has some solid drivers in the higher ranks.

The Cadillac is fun to drive.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:14 PM
JustinL
Drifting

Originally Posted by abqautoxer
My progression was: Solstice - Spec Racer Ford - Star Mazda - F1 - Gt cars

The best racing I found was in Star Mazda, which I think you can run with a D license. The slower splits are a bit of a wreck fest, but if you can make it into the top split, you'll find excellent competition. Next season, there will also be a RUF supercup series with the C-spec that looks like it could be a good series and I think it's a C or D class series.

I'm thinking of taking a crack at either the GT3 series, or the supercup series. I want to see what they do to the C-spec car before I decide though.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:20 PM
abqautoxer
Burning Brakes

I love the Star Mazda, I didn't realize you could run it with the Safe D license. If that's the case, that's the route I will god.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:32 PM
HoBoJoe
Rennlist Member

Star Mazda is a C-class series. So you need a D4.0 or higher to run it.

Here is the Season 1 schedule: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fp6xi4249j...20Schedule.pdf
Old 01-23-2014, 01:36 PM
abqautoxer
Burning Brakes

Awesome that is a HUGE help. I was trying to find exactly that!
Old 01-23-2014, 01:41 PM
Indy Rev
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I didnt realize the Mustangs are a D class car now. Those are fun, but a bit slow.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:44 PM
HoBoJoe
Rennlist Member

Also, a lot of cars should be getting the new tire model with the next update. So some cars that you might not have liked before could be completely different.

FYI They're shooting to roll out the updated today.

Quick Reply: Rennlist iRacing thread