Notices
E/SIM Racing For discussion and info on iRacing, SIMs etc.

Rennlist iRacing thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 03:03 PM
Gator_86_951
Spell Checker
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 296 Posts

This? http://www.fanatec.de/webshop/new_us...404b12ad66ed5e
Old 07-26-2012, 03:05 PM
abqautoxer
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

Thats I believe what Ed has. I have the same pedals, different wheel but would buy that one if I didn't care about xbox 360 racing.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:09 PM
Gator_86_951
Spell Checker
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 296 Posts

Cool. Where is the best place to order this thing? I would be happy to sell my g27 to your friend.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:13 PM
abqautoxer
Burning Brakes

I ordered mine from Fanatec, not sure if you can get them from anyone else. It ships from California a couple days after you order.

PM me the details on the G27, its a done deal as I know two guys looking so one of the two will take it for sure.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:15 PM
abqautoxer
Burning Brakes

Release notes out for the new iracing build:

http://www.iracing.com/inracingnews/...-2012-season-3
Old 07-26-2012, 05:31 PM
NoQuarter
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I started with the DFGT, then in January I got the Fanatec CSR Elite pedals...that was huge difference.

I then just upgraded the wheel to the Fanatec Porsche GT2 Wheel, since I still do a little Gran Turismo on the PS3 from time to time and have been thinking about getting the XBox360 for some Forza action...
Old 07-26-2012, 08:59 PM
masterianvii
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys, I'm launching a league called the "Affiliated Motorsport Gaming Academy", aimed at coaching and developing driving technique. The events will consist of guided exercises and learning how to drive and setup cars. Some of the events will be no race events, made up of pre-determined exercises focusing on particular driving aspect (braking, cornering, overtaking, race start, etc...).

Example format will be, but not limited to:
1. Lead follow sessions
2. 1-1 lap analysis and feedback
3. Gymkhana
4. Fun competitions (TBD)

I would like to invite anyone here who is interested in participating.

Last edited by masterianvii; 07-26-2012 at 11:41 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:03 AM
dodint
Intermediate

I'm a huge SM *****, so I'm obviously excited about staying in it for a while. I will say that Watkins Boot and VIR are both great experiences in the Star Mazda. If you wanted to try an oval for a week the official series runs at Iowa. Rovals are awful, a compromise where nobody wins.

I'll be there this coming Wednesday, already cleared my calendar. Just need a track to start practicing on. With it being Week 13 there isn't a real series in the way of the hosted stuff right now.

I tried to run the official SM series last season but only made 7 events. Looking to do better this coming season if anyone wants to join me.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:36 AM
dodint
Intermediate

Oh, and from the release notes:

"- The F3 black box will now dim the display of other cars that are in a pit lane."

This is why I love iRacing. This is something we've been talking about in the SM community for a while and I'm glad to see someone was listening. :up:
Old 07-27-2012, 01:34 AM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dodint
I'm a huge SM *****, so I'm obviously excited about staying in it for a while. I will say that Watkins Boot and VIR are both great experiences in the Star Mazda. If you wanted to try an oval for a week the official series runs at Iowa. Rovals are awful, a compromise where nobody wins.

I'll be there this coming Wednesday, already cleared my calendar. Just need a track to start practicing on. With it being Week 13 there isn't a real series in the way of the hosted stuff right now.

I tried to run the official SM series last season but only made 7 events. Looking to do better this coming season if anyone wants to join me.
I agree on rovals but I do like the Daytona 24 course.

I might join the SM series next season, I was doing the "ALMS" series (LMP, C6R, GT) but the fields have gotten so small maybe 30% of the races are official. frustrating.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:41 AM
dodint
Intermediate

Yeah, Daytona is the great exception. I'm toying with the idea of going down there to spectate the 24 next year.

My main iRacing experience with rovals is Charlotte. Very clunky transition zones and a pancake flat infield section. Blech.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:56 AM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by masterianvii
Guys, I'm launching a league called the "Affiliated Motorsport Gaming Academy", aimed at coaching and developing driving technique. The events will consist of guided exercises and learning how to drive and setup cars. Some of the events will be no race events, made up of pre-determined exercises focusing on particular driving aspect (braking, cornering, overtaking, race start, etc...).

1. Lead follow sessions
3. Gymkhana

I'd be interested in some setup stuff because I royally suck at that, but I don't know if that would be a session....maybe post a blog or something on the iracing forum (or here?) about it....
Old 07-27-2012, 07:53 AM
NoQuarter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by masterianvii

1. Lead follow sessions
3. Gymkhana

Invitation accepted
Old 07-27-2012, 09:41 AM
masterianvii
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GuyIncognito
I'd be interested in some setup stuff because I royally suck at that, but I don't know if that would be a session....maybe post a blog or something on the iracing forum (or here?) about it....
The idea is to make it interactive. Setups can be quite individual and it sometimes helps to have a conversation to identify trouble spots between driver and car. Id like to at least create the feeling of driver to engineer conversation. Im still toying with how exactly that session will be conducted, but once we get going it will sort itself out. This can be a good complement to the wed night races.

Last edited by masterianvii; 07-27-2012 at 03:18 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:55 AM
abqautoxer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dodint
Now that I have driven it, I'm in for this. Great car. I'll run the series if you remind me when its time.

Quick Reply: Rennlist iRacing thread