Notices
E/SIM Racing For discussion and info on iRacing, SIMs etc.

Rennlist iRacing thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 12:29 PM
tasracer
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ps

I like random weather and having to deal with it

Not just making it easy
Old 02-12-2014, 12:31 PM
Indy Rev
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tasracer
Ps

I like random weather and having to deal with it

Not just making it easy
Old 02-12-2014, 12:32 PM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 186 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Sysgen
Could I recommend that we set the temperature to 69F and 12% humidity for the race tonight? That's how it was in that practice/race last night and I tell you it made a huge difference, everyone was more stable and we were not sliding right and left. Everything was more stable and fast.

Tom, do you concur?
Random weather is important to make us as drivers more adaptable instead of just memorizing the track under one set of circumstances. You have to make your setups flexible and not on the ragged edge of one condition.

For example, there's an element of the unknown going into T8 in brand new conditions. My first test in hot weather I was able to make it through with just a lift off the throttle. In another test when it was colder, I needed to brake a bit.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:35 PM
HoBoJoe
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tasracer
I shared my tune

Tom was wicked fast with it

Got another one from someone didn't look at it but they feel similar

Oh it was Tonys

Tony where did u get ur setup last night from?

Was it mine that u tweaked or totally diff?
Ted can you post your setup so I can hop on with it before the practice session starts?
Old 02-12-2014, 12:37 PM
abqautoxer
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

For setups, I have Justins with 2 clicks of extra rear wing, and Ted's which I add 1 click of rear wing for the race. I plan to quali/race on Ted's. I will share both tonight.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:37 PM
Sysgen
Drifting

Originally Posted by abqautoxer
It would be faster/grippier if we set those, yes. However I do like the random weather too. So I'd be good either way.
I'm thinking because we predict that Mosport will be disastrous in the first few laps that for this once it would be very beneficial, for everyone
Old 02-12-2014, 01:02 PM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 186 Likes on 103 Posts

As long as people are patient there doesn't have to be problems. Every track can be disastrous at T1 if people drive it like it's a qualifying lap. Don't rear-end the car in front of you and remember that there is probably a car beside you that you need to leave room for. If you put the squeeze on either, then you can expect contact and a trip to the pits.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:07 PM
abqautoxer
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

I think the big key to avoiding the big one on lap 1 is for the first several corners to lift early and cover the brake so you are ready to react to unpredictable early braking in front of you reducing reaction time drastically. I do this and while I may give up time to the leaders, it ensures I'm there to fight it out past lap 1.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:32 PM
tasracer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by abqautoxer
I think the big key to avoiding the big one on lap 1 is for the first several corners to lift early and cover the brake so you are ready to react to unpredictable early braking in front of you reducing reaction time drastically. I do this and while I may give up time to the leaders, it ensures I'm there to fight it out past lap 1.
Ding ding ding
We have a winner
Old 02-12-2014, 01:56 PM
Sysgen
Drifting

+2 ! I try to do the same thing, even if I loose a few position, I'd rather loose 1 or 2 or more positions but be on track.

I predict Mid-pack mayhem anyhow. Many do not come here and read this thread or participate in the practice as often either. Not there fault, everyone as there own lives, but for those people they'll come in, plow through turn 1 and 2 and hit people like myself that are pulling back a little in order to survive.

Ask me how I know !
Old 02-12-2014, 02:07 PM
pmason
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm doing that now, but hasn't helped me, I still get tagged. So did anyone watch a replay of last nights race? One of the players cars when flying thought the pits had to be over 100mph off pit exit wall and over onto the track. I was sitting in the pits when he did it, I need to go back and watch what he actually did.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:18 PM
Sysgen
Drifting

Me and my brother saw that ! I saw him enter the pits at high speed and by the time I turned into T1 he was flying over the wall, I think he disconnected after that.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:40 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea i got tagged from the back right after the lights tuned green and i went flying into the wall.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:55 PM
baddogz28
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

I agree with the sentiment that the big one can be avoided in t1 and throughout the race if we just treat our fake cars as if they were real. Prime example was last week at Watkins was the first 8 or so cars braking orderly into 1, lots of respect and cushion given, then I was used as brakes by the person following me directly. I got punted into the person next to me, who got smacked by the person behind them, then rolled.

If you're gonna run ***** to the wall and on the ragged edge of out of control, make sure you're not in a crowd. My offs are normally solo for just that reason.

Anyway, are you ready for some pure iRacing ****? Can. Not. Wait.

Old 02-12-2014, 03:29 PM
Burkey
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Looking forward to tonight, might be awhile before we see Mosport this year up here. This was the temp this morning
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Rennlist iRacing thread