Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

OFFICIAL Cayenne Hybrid Delay Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2019 | 05:53 PM
mb280sl
AutoX

Default Green Car Reports Article Today

Green Car Reports offered some new info in their website post this morning. This was what I think is the latest "first drive" that I have seen. The article made it seem as if release of vehicles was imminent. https://www.greencarreports.com/news...lectric-enough
The following 3 users liked this post by mb280sl:
Sambof (07-23-2019), ssiminou (07-31-2019), sweis (07-23-2019)
Old 07-24-2019 | 12:02 PM
mcafee
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Sambof
It’s not the California sun you need to worry about - they all have either protective wrap or a protective coating on the paint

salt air and sitting around doing nothing by the sea on the other hand,,,,
My Cayenne E-hybrid has been sitting in that San Diego port since May 2nd. The prospect of it sitting there idle for another 3 months gives me great concern regarding the degradation of the battery.
The following users liked this post:
sweis (07-24-2019)
Old 07-24-2019 | 03:16 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mcafee
My Cayenne E-hybrid has been sitting in that San Diego port since May 2nd. The prospect of it sitting there idle for another 3 months gives me great concern regarding the degradation of the battery.
I can relate to such fears, and though that did not happen with my 2018 Pan4 E-Hybrid (it was released immediately to me from port), it did happen to numerous other 2018 Panamera E-Hybrid buyers, and you should check the threads there under Panamera at Rennlist. I'm a regular participant on the 'Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread', and I don't recall any of the concerned buyers there (whose E-Hybrids sat at port for up to 6 months) expressing battery problems (or any other problems) once they got their cars.
Old 07-24-2019 | 03:26 PM
Venom21
Intermediate

More drive reviews, quite positive.

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/2...-specs-photos/

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/07/24/...-drive-review/

In fact, we’re even hinted that there just might happen to be quite a few Cayenne E-Hybrids sitting at the docks, just waiting to be put into the garages of their excited new owners as soon as Porsche finalizes its fuel economy figures with the EPA. Not that any Cayenne E-Hybrid buyers should care what those are
You have no idea buddy. At least the ball is slowly rolling towards delivery.
Old 07-24-2019 | 06:05 PM
TuckerNH
Rennlist Member

My SA told me the same news today - Official delivery date is now Oct 4 for my hybrid but could be sooner. Ordered in March and has had a delivery date of Sep 6 for some time.
Old 07-24-2019 | 06:50 PM
aCayenneFan
Pro

Originally Posted by mcafee
Why would the battery degrade? It is not as if the car is sitting in a powered up state. Worst case, you should have an excellent warranty claim.
Old 07-24-2019 | 07:30 PM
Sambof
Advanced

I don't believe the battery would degrade - it's enclosed. I just worry about all that metal and moving parts sitting stagnant by the sea
Old 07-30-2019 | 08:07 PM
halfduplex
8th Gear

Has anyone here actually received written notification from PCNA of the 3 year free maintenance thing? I haven't. I ordered my e-hybrid in November and was originally told it would be here in May/June. It actually arrived in the US on April 5, and has been sitting somewhere on the East Coast ever since. My SA says he thinks Porsche will give me 3 years free maintenance, but I have nothing in writing from Porsche that confirms that.
Old 07-30-2019 | 09:59 PM
mb280sl
AutoX

PCNA sent an email some time ago giving another free year of maintenance, for a total of 2 years. I have heard nothing about additional free maintenance.
Old 07-31-2019 | 01:28 AM
MarkToff
Rennlist Member

The e-mail Porsche sent on April 3rd specified 2 additional years of free scheduled maintenance added to the standard 1 year for a total of 3.
Old 07-31-2019 | 02:47 AM
mb280sl
AutoX

Thanks for the reply. I just retrieved my email and you are correct...2 additional years of free maintenance.
Old 08-01-2019 | 09:11 AM
halfduplex
8th Gear

Who at PCNA was your email from? Would you be willing to post the text of the email?

I've called PCNA twice in the last couple of months to ask when I would receive written notification of the 3 years' free maintenance. The first time, they told me I should expect to receive notification after my originally quoted deliver date had passed, which it now has. I called again last week and got the run-around. The guy told me that this is a matter that I should discuss with my dealer. I've done that many times, and my dealer says I should talk to PCNA.

Next time I call PCNA or my dealer, I would like to be able to cite exactly who it was at PCNA who notified you guys. Having the full text of their email,would be better still!
Old 08-01-2019 | 10:28 PM
mb280sl
AutoX

My letter was received on April 3, 2019 from Simon Kuhnimhof, VP, Customer Experience, PCNA

Unfortunately, the list timed out before I could re-type the entire letter.
Old 08-02-2019 | 10:18 AM
s-works
Intermediate

Hey folks, I happen to come across this thread and maybe give you a little insight. My 2018 Panamera was at port (Houston) for 6 months waiting for the EPA hold. I know of 3 others from the same dealership that had their cars held as well. NONE of our cars suffered any ill effects. Cosmetically it was perfect, the battery is fine and I get around 24 - 28 miles off the charge. People were concerned about rusty rotors. No issues here. Honestly, considering the circumstances Porsche and my dealership did an outstanding job. I probably would have never known the difference if it came direct or was in waiting. I can tell you, that the wait was worth it as it is amazing technology. We would have done another Hybrid Cayenne, (knowing there would be another EPA hold) but we found a 2 year old GTS that we could not pass up. Hope this helps with the anxiety a bit. Good luck everyone..

Doug
The following users liked this post:
jsclarke (08-02-2019)
Old 08-02-2019 | 09:48 PM
ssiminou
Banned

Just as a heads up to everyone monitoring the CARB website (like myself): the certification documents can be signed and approved for many days (even weeks) before the approval is posted and updated online. So do not lose hope if you check the website and it's still not there.

PEC LA just reached out to schedule my mid-October delivery date, so that may mean PCNA is getting their **** together on the certification front.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL Cayenne Hybrid Delay Thread