Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

OFFICIAL Cayenne Hybrid Delay Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 03:56 PM
london123
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I think that's probably right decision, otherwise it will be yet another wait on top of a year long wait & you should get it just right on time for the new plate.
September-Oct might be a good time for the factory collection, before 'winter tyre' issue?
Old 06-22-2019, 01:15 PM
London86
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Allocation

Originally Posted by london123
thanks, pls do let us all know what your dealer says about the update from porsche GB.
I guess you can play them at their game & ask for a loaner till ehybrid is delivered, so potentially, a yr or more!
To the UK posters,

I placed a deposit back in May 2018 for Cayenne E Hybrid and was told at the time that there was going to be delays, which I thought was quite honest and upfront. It was then up to me if I wanted to hold my place in the queue when they started production again. The reason they gave at the time was they were gearing up for the all electric range and resources were being diverted. BS I think but went with it, as I was in no real rush.

I have this week been asked to confirm my spec and put a further 10% down. They’ve given me a Sept 2019 delivery date at my PC. Not holding my breath but maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel for the UK market.

Over the past year I’ve test driven pretty much every other comparable car in this bracket. IMO nothing compares, which for me is why it’s worth waiting for- even for nearly 18 months!
Old 06-22-2019, 01:25 PM
London86
3rd Gear

Thanks, earthwormjim.
Did they confirm this will be a 2020 model year? i've 11days to decide before the freeze date but wondering whether I should delay till the actual specs are confirmed - assuming there's upgrade in battery capacity to meet WLTP.
Hi London123,

If it helps mines being built out as a 2020 model.
Old 06-22-2019, 03:52 PM
london123
Instructor

Originally Posted by London86
To the UK posters,

I placed a deposit back in May 2018 for Cayenne E Hybrid and was told at the time that there was going to be delays, which I thought was quite honest and upfront. It was then up to me if I wanted to hold my place in the queue when they started production again. The reason they gave at the time was they were gearing up for the all electric range and resources were being diverted. BS I think but went with it, as I was in no real rush.

I have this week been asked to confirm my spec and put a further 10% down. They’ve given me a Sept 2019 delivery date at my PC. Not holding my breath but maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel for the UK market.

Over the past year I’ve test driven pretty much every other comparable car in this bracket. IMO nothing compares, which for me is why it’s worth waiting for- even for nearly 18 months!
Which dealer London86? I think you can argue for price freeze to 2019 MY as gesture of goodwill on their part given the inordinate wait you've had to endure. There should be almost £2k in that after VAT, options, delivery charge.

Also, are you going for the factory collection option? Just wondering, Sept being a nice month & all , for a transcontinental drive.....
Old 06-22-2019, 08:27 PM
London86
3rd Gear

Which dealer London86? I think you can argue for price freeze to 2019 MY as gesture of goodwill on their part given the inordinate wait you've had to endure. There should be almost £2k in that after VAT, options, delivery charge.

Also, are you going for the factory collection option? Just wondering, Sept being a nice month & all , for a transcontinental drive.....
Hi london123,

I did ask about the pay freeze In passing but it was shrugged off. It was made out that there was no real room to negotiate on such a sort after car. I think you could get a discount dependant on your PC. My SA to be honest has been excellent, upfront about wait and informed me monthly of progress so I didn’t argue it too much about the hike as at this point didn’t want anything to delay delivery. It was about a £1500 increase I believe. That’s a lot better than the proposed 10% hike I read about for orders placed after Jan 2019- in the fear Brexit may affect import duties. Again, how much of that is true I’m not sure.

Do let let me know how you get on with the discount- I may see if I can at least build in some free dealer options.

The dealer was Leicester/ Midlands. The wife and I were discussing a factory collection actually- think it would be perfect that time of year- still up in the air but hopefully we could arrange some time off work.
Old 06-24-2019, 06:52 PM
Binary
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Do we know how the 2020 model spec will change from the existing?
also I’ve been told that factory collection is not currently an option.

Last edited by Binary; 06-24-2019 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Didn’t find sh my post
Old 06-24-2019, 07:37 PM
london123
Instructor

Originally Posted by Binary
Do we know how the 2020 model spec will change from the existing?
also I’ve been told that factory collection is not currently an option.
dealer in London was clueless about this, really v poorly informed throughout the delay process, but said they did not think there was actually any change in specs. Hence, the CO2 emissions will be higher due to WLTP.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:10 PM
MaxPaddington
2nd Gear

Default Nonrefundable deposit?

Like others on this thread, I'm struggling to understand if and when I would actually recieve my Cayenne hybrid and what model year it would be if I ordered it today. To compound that issue, my SA is asking me to provide a $5k deposit and to sign a document that, while vague, essentially makes it sound as if that deposit is nonrefundable. I'm in the US. Is that something that others have experienced?
Old 06-24-2019, 11:25 PM
jsclarke
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxPaddington
Like others on this thread, I'm struggling to understand if and when I would actually recieve my Cayenne hybrid and what model year it would be if I ordered it today. To compound that issue, my SA is asking me to provide a $5k deposit and to sign a document that, while vague, essentially makes it sound as if that deposit is nonrefundable. I'm in the US. Is that something that others have experienced?
We have ordered three custom build Audis and the deposit is always refundable. No one has driven the e-hybrid you could be dissatisfied at the test drive. The most strict case was one dealer said we hold your deposit until the car is sold. My dealer at Porsche South Bay also required a $5000 deposit but said don’t worry if you don’t like the car will have no trouble selling it and you’ll get your deposit back. John
The following users liked this post:
MaxPaddington (06-24-2019)
Old 06-25-2019, 09:17 AM
Venom21
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Porsche Canada are just as clueless. No press announcements acknowledging the delay, no word on potential reimbursements for the delay, our SA was clueless about the delay till I emailed him about it because of this thread etc... I've gotten the email to sign up for Porsche Connect which has given me the VIN, but it still seems like September...
Old 06-25-2019, 10:27 AM
raydog9379
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxPaddington
At this point, I'd make the document state that it be a 2020 model and to be delivered no later than X date (so they don't give you a 2020 in Oct 2020 or a 2019 in Q4 2019). Should the conditions not be met, deposit will be refunded immediately. They may say take it or leave it. However, in a few months you are going to be able to get one at a good discount on the secondary market (in looking at past Cayenne e-Hybrid model stats..I got mine <18 months old with 16k miles at just under 50% discount off MSRP).
Old 06-25-2019, 11:05 AM
Binary
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

dealer in London was clueless about this, really v poorly informed throughout the delay process, but said they did not think there was actually any change in specs. Hence, the CO2 emissions will be higher due to WLTP.
So just got off the phone from my finance company they have confirmed my car is a September build with delivery late Oct /early November as I was told when I ordered back in April that it would be Jan/Feb 2020 I am very pleased with the slot I've been given.
He has told me its a 2020 model (which basically means price increase rather than spec change) the cost of my specific vehicle including options has gone up by £3K but he has managed to get the increase reduced by 50% also there is a free Porsche track day at Silverstone.
He again confirmed there is no option for factory collection at present

All in all very pleased with the news and very excited that my first ever Porsche is now scheduled for production.
Old 06-25-2019, 03:33 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Received 367 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by jsclarke
My dealer at Porsche South Bay also required a $5000 deposit but said don’t worry if you don’t like the car will have no trouble selling it and you’ll get your deposit back. John
Ouch! Our Turbo -- first allocation group, second delivery (missed being first by a day!) -- only required a deposit of $1000. And we were just a couple of rubes who walked in off the street -- no prior history with our dealer, which is the big-boy "premier" one in Dallas-Fort Worth (whatever that means).

Maybe I'm naive, but $5K seems ridiculous, refundable or no. Then again... what ISN'T ridiculous about custom-ordering a Porsche?

Last edited by JCWLS3; 06-26-2019 at 09:44 PM.
Old 06-26-2019, 12:34 AM
MaxPaddington
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by jsclarke
We have ordered three custom build Audis and the deposit is always refundable. No one has driven the e-hybrid you could be dissatisfied at the test drive. The most strict case was one dealer said we hold your deposit until the car is sold. My dealer at Porsche South Bay also required a $5000 deposit but said don’t worry if you don’t like the car will have no trouble selling it and you’ll get your deposit back. John
Yeah, completely agree. Unfortunately my dealership doesn't see it that way and refused to remove the non-refundable verbiage from the contract. They say they haven't had trouble getting other customers to sign, but I'm not sure I buy that... are people too lazy to read the 1 paragraph contract?... so enthusiastic they don't give a crap about $5k?

Guess I'll just have to wait because none of the other dealers nearby seem to have any allocations available currently. Do dealerships get new allocations monthly or is there no particular schedule?
Old 06-27-2019, 02:06 PM
ssiminou
Banned

Received 106 Likes on 70 Posts

I'm going to call PCNA today and ask to speak to a higher up in Customer Commitment, hopefully their VP Simon K. I honestly don't believe the compensation of just the maintenance is enough for their loyal customers who have continued with their Hybrid Cayenne order. They gave Panamera hybrid customers (4 & Turbo S) $2500 and maintenance.

Since this thread has so many views (thank you), I'm going to ask him/her to take a look at this thread and actually listen to the things their customers have to say. So if you have any message for them (I can't guarantee they'll actually read it though or answer my call), leave it below. If you have a direct contact at PCNA customer commitment and are allowed to share it, please PM me so I can get a conversation with them started.

Thank you.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL Cayenne Hybrid Delay Thread