Old 08-23-2019, 04:11 PM
jkjjpc
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Venom21
So the EPA ratings are out for the E-Hybrid

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find...n=sbs&id=41901

Quite disappointing: 13 miles electric range, 46MPGe, 22 combined gas
The all electric range is VERY disappointing, but it is in line with the 14 miles EPA rated for the 2019 Panamera 4 E-hybrid.

\https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find...n=sbs&id=41291

Old 08-23-2019, 06:13 PM
BRJACKET
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I have been working to understand the whole hybrid technology thing. I have to admit, I am somewhat confused. It looks like the combined mileage is 22MPG which is close to what the gas engines get. It does supply a lot more horse power but am I understanding this correctly? My typical commute to the office is 9 miles each way. I was figuring that if I got the hybrid that most of my daily commute is covered unless I have to punch it for power. Then I could recharge every night. When I went to the link above and entered my driving habits it still showed me needing to refill with gas every 2 weeks. (I do drive more on weekends and have trips such that the total mileage is around 15,000 per year).
If this is true, other than the power boost, it would make sense to stay with the base Cayenne (can't afford the twin turbo with the options I want). Somehow I got caught up in the 40 plus MPG idea. (I know- that is wishful thinking but I am still learning about the hybrid technology). I hate buying gas but an not ready to think all electric yet so I was really hoping the hybrid Cayenne would be the best of both worlds.
I welcome any education from you all who know this.
Old 08-23-2019, 06:27 PM
BRJACKET
Instructor

Studying the calculator more it shows combined electric and gas to be 46 MPGe. SO I guess this means that it does get good combined mileage. However, the range for a highway trip would be mostly gas?
Old 08-23-2019, 07:13 PM
Gmoe01
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Delivery Date

My SA called yesterday to tell me that my delivery date will be next Thursday (shipped to Portland, OR from the Port of Benecia, CA).

Also, I read four of the "drive reports" from car journalists who were involved in the test drives the last week of July in Eugene, OR. They all reported a real life 22 to 24 miles on EV only. So I don't understand the EPA results... unless the EPA test was to drive up a mountain!
The following users liked this post:
BRJACKET (08-23-2019)
Old 08-23-2019, 07:44 PM
MarkToff
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts

My SA sent me an e-mail yesterday saying that Porsche told them to expect delivery to the dealer early next week. Also from Port of Benicia, California. The dealer is only 15 miles from the port.
Old 08-23-2019, 07:48 PM
sidehill
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Anybody hear of any additional concessions from Porsche besides the couple years of service?
Old 08-23-2019, 08:21 PM
jsclarke
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts
Default V810 - Release for transport

My SA just called and said my e-hybrid, which was scheduled for delivery on 10/3- was just released for transport from the port at San Diego...

NA19 PDI finished 8/23/19

V810 Release for transport 8/23/19

so leaving San Diego any day now, to my dealer in Hawthorn (CA)- and I should have it in a week (-:

John
Old 08-23-2019, 09:21 PM
aCayenneFan
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by BRJACKET
Studying the calculator more it shows combined electric and gas to be 46 MPGe. SO I guess this means that it does get good combined mileage. However, the range for a highway trip would be mostly gas?
Depends on how far and fast you are going on the highway. For the initial part of the trip, the battery is contributing to the trip. Once the battery is drained, the gas engine cuts in and provides all of the forward velocity.
Old 08-23-2019, 09:41 PM
NPA201
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trying to learn a bit more about e-hybrid as to whether to go this route or the S. If I were to use up my electric range and forget to charge the vehicle, what happens when I switch to Sport or Sport Plus mode will I have nerfed some of the extra HP that the electric motor provides and then the Cayenne just operates like a base cayenne? If I were primarily to operate it in Sport or Sport Plus mode, how much am I draining down the battery and after how many miles will I need to recharge it? The 0-60 between this and the S seem very similar but this does weigh 600 pounds more. Am I to assume then where I will really feel the weight is in the twisties?
Old 08-23-2019, 11:02 PM
BRJACKET
Instructor

Originally Posted by aCayenneFan
Depends on how far and fast you are going on the highway. For the initial part of the trip, the battery is contributing to the trip. Once the battery is drained, the gas engine cuts in and provides all of the forward velocity.
Since the battery drains initially, how does it recharge when driving?
Old 08-24-2019, 09:59 AM
Venom21
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since the battery drains initially, how does it recharge when driving?

Through either the engine charging the battery and through brake re-gen.
Old 08-24-2019, 10:43 AM
jsclarke
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

I have been working to understand the whole hybrid technology thing. I have to admit, I am somewhat confused. It looks like the combined mileage is 22MPG which is close to what the gas engines get. It does supply a lot more horse power but am I understanding this correctly? My typical commute to the office is 9 miles each way. I was figuring that if I got the hybrid that most of my daily commute is covered unless I have to punch it for power. Then I could recharge every night. When I went to the link above and entered my driving habits it still showed me needing to refill with gas every 2 weeks. (I do drive more on weekends and have trips such that the total mileage is around 15,000 per year).
If this is true, other than the power boost, it would make sense to stay with the base Cayenne (can't afford the twin turbo with the options I want). Somehow I got caught up in the 40 plus MPG idea. (I know- that is wishful thinking but I am still learning about the hybrid technology). I hate buying gas but an not ready to think all electric yet so I was really hoping the hybrid Cayenne would be the best of both worlds.
I welcome any education from you all who know this.
This review in Green Car Reports may shed some light on how this works... seems like the car automatically regenerates electric power pretty quickly automatically on the road... https://www.greencarreports.com/news...lectric-enough
Old 08-24-2019, 02:23 PM
sweis
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

My car arrived at the dealership last night! Just checked it out. And it’s true!
The following 2 users liked this post by sweis:
BRJACKET (08-24-2019), SaintD (08-24-2019)
Old 08-24-2019, 04:41 PM
BRJACKET
Instructor

Congratulations! Let us know about the battery life. I am hoping it gets more like the 20 mile range that reviewers have said. Please let us know your thoughts. I am having to live vicariously right now.
Old 08-24-2019, 06:25 PM
sweis
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Congratulations! Let us know about the battery life. I am hoping it gets more like the 20 mile range that reviewers have said. Please let us know your thoughts. I am having to live vicariously right now.
Will do. Taking delivery tomorrow morning and will let everyone know what I think. Supposedly, Porsche isn’t giving a credit on the car because of the delay.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL Cayenne Hybrid Delay Thread