Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

OFFICIAL Cayenne Hybrid Delay Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2019, 10:36 AM
halfduplex
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe there's some more appropriate thread to post this in, but...

I've been trying to get my new e-Hybrid to work with an external SIM from Verizon, because AT&T (the internal SIM) has almost no coverage in my rural area. My Verizon SIM works perfectly when I first plug it in. But when I turn the car off and restart it later, the PCM alternates continuously between displaying "SIM card has been removed" and “SIM card inserted”. I called Porsche Connect for help and the guy wasn't at all helpful. He insisted that the external SIM must be from AT&T. I know that's not so, because I've read of others successfully using SIMs from Verizon and other providers and the SIM card works great initially, each time a plug it in.

(Btw, I activated the SIM in a router before moving it to the Cayenne, because Verizon's database of supported devices does not list Cayenne electronic device serial numbers (IMEI). This is a common practice that Verizon tech support acknowledges works.)

Has anyone else here experienced this problem? Does anyone have ideas on how I might resolve it?
Old 09-25-2019, 02:59 PM
Binary
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by halfduplex
Maybe there's some more appropriate thread to post this in, but...

I've been trying to get my new e-Hybrid to work with an external SIM from Verizon, because AT&T (the internal SIM) has almost no coverage in my rural area. My Verizon SIM works perfectly when I first plug it in. But when I turn the car off and restart it later, the PCM alternates continuously between displaying "SIM card has been removed" and “SIM card inserted”. I called Porsche Connect for help and the guy wasn't at all helpful. He insisted that the external SIM must be from AT&T. I know that's not so, because I've read of others successfully using SIMs from Verizon and other providers and the SIM card works great initially, each time a plug it in.

(Btw, I activated the SIM in a router before moving it to the Cayenne, because Verizon's database of supported devices does not list Cayenne electronic device serial numbers (IMEI). This is a common practice that Verizon tech support acknowledges works.)

Has anyone else here experienced this problem? Does anyone have ideas on how I might resolve it?
I wonder if you might get a better response if you start a new thread?
Old 09-25-2019, 10:36 PM
halfduplex
8th Gear

Thanks, Binary. I've looked around for existing threads where posting this might make sense, and for places to put a new thread about this topic. It's not clear to me where to put this. Got any ideas on that?
Old 09-26-2019, 11:37 AM
Binary
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by halfduplex
Thanks, Binary. I've looked around for existing threads where posting this might make sense, and for places to put a new thread about this topic. It's not clear to me where to put this. Got any ideas on that?
I think you are correct and therefore it is probably worth starting a new one.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:01 PM
Venom21
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Had my E-Hybrid for a week, loving it so far. Here are some bad photos I shot of it:

The following users liked this post:
Sambof (09-27-2019)
Old 10-01-2019, 05:37 PM
Venom21
Intermediate

Bad news, check engine light has already come on after 250kms. Taking to the dealer tomorrow.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:05 PM
mb280sl
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Check Engine Light

What I have discovered is if I don’t hold the key long enough when starting in electric mode till I get the “ready” prompt in the center instrument pod, I also will get the check engine light. Since I’ve made sure to do that long enough, that hasn’t happened.
Old 10-02-2019, 10:36 AM
Venom21
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mb280sl
What I have discovered is if I don’t hold the key long enough when starting in electric mode till I get the “ready” prompt in the center instrument pod, I also will get the check engine light. Since I’ve made sure to do that long enough, that hasn’t happened.
I have been doing that also, but unfortunately, the light has stayed on. Just dropped it off at the dealer will update when I hear back from them.
Old 10-05-2019, 04:06 PM
bwein
Track Day

Originally Posted by Venom21
I have been doing that also, but unfortunately, the light has stayed on. Just dropped it off at the dealer will update when I hear back from them.
This happened to me also earlier this week. Check engine light came on. I called the service advisor. First question he asked was if I had filled up gas recently and yes - I had just filled up on gas the evening before. Sometimes it's just the gas cap he said. I was sure I had put it on properly but he had me take it of and put it on and make sure I heard the click. He said to wait for 2 days for the engine light to reset and then call if it doesn't go away. It did go away after almost 2 days and about 75 miles of driving. I hope it doesn't happen every time I get gas. Will post if it happens again.
Old 10-05-2019, 08:14 PM
Venom21
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bwein
This happened to me also earlier this week. Check engine light came on. I called the service advisor. First question he asked was if I had filled up gas recently and yes - I had just filled up on gas the evening before. Sometimes it's just the gas cap he said. I was sure I had put it on properly but he had me take it of and put it on and make sure I heard the click. He said to wait for 2 days for the engine light to reset and then call if it doesn't go away. It did go away after almost 2 days and about 75 miles of driving. I hope it doesn't happen every time I get gas. Will post if it happens again.
Unfortunately mine happened while the first tank of gas from delivery was still full. Hopefully it’s the same problem as you and just the fuel cap.
Old 10-10-2019, 11:59 AM
bwein
Track Day

Originally Posted by sweis
Definitely haven't been lead footing it and with a full charge I get an indicated 25 miles so I'm fairly pleased with the range but haven't yet compared the indicated range to actual electric range.
Does it still indicate 25 miles on a full charge? The first 2 weeks my hybrid also indicated 25 miles but now usually indicates 23 miles after a full charge. I am wondering if the battery has already lost capacity or if the estimated miles on full charge is based on driving history (average e-consumption)? I seem to get about 19-21 miles range on full e-power with mixed local-freeway Southern CA driving.
Old 11-08-2019, 02:12 PM
SaintD
AutoX

Ditto. I wonder if it is charging to 100%, or perhaps not fully charging to extend the battery life like some Tesla settings? Or maybe it calculates different mileage estimates based on average driving history? Mine will show 19 miles sometimes even though it reports being fully charged.
Still a beautiful vehicle!
Old 11-08-2019, 07:37 PM
bwein
Track Day

Originally Posted by SaintD
Ditto. I wonder if it is charging to 100%, or perhaps not fully charging to extend the battery life like some Tesla settings? Or maybe it calculates different mileage estimates based on average driving history? Mine will show 19 miles sometimes even though it reports being fully charged.
Still a beautiful vehicle!
It seems to adjust based on your real-world driving e-consumption history in all-electric mode.I purposefully drove easy on the pedal to reduce e-consumption for a couple of trips and then the estimated miles after a full charge was back up to 25. It is now reading about 21 miles after full charge again after driving "normally."
Old 11-10-2019, 08:51 AM
london123
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bwein
It seems to adjust based on your real-world driving e-consumption history in all-electric mode.I purposefully drove easy on the pedal to reduce e-consumption for a couple of trips and then the estimated miles after a full charge was back up to 25. It is now reading about 21 miles after full charge again after driving "normally."
i imagine actual e-mileage will be actually less than this?

I've (&had) other PHEVs which show the inevitable battery deterioration after 3-4yrs worth of charging cycles but manufacturer warranties unfortunately class this as 'normal' wear & tear (apart from Tesla, Nissan as far as i know). Was told to avoid rapid chargers & long periods left in uncharged state.
Old 04-03-2020, 06:12 PM
ssiminou
Banned

Received 106 Likes on 70 Posts

It's been a while...so I wanted to revive this thread. It seems Hybrid inventory, especially 2020s, is much harder to find when compared to the Base or S. And a lot of the available cars are either demos with tons of miles (and tiny discounts) or too highly equipped. Talking with my SA, it seems even if you were to place an order for a Hybrid right now, with the delays, it'd arrive sometime in August/September. My car's been going strong since I got it on 9/11/19, currently averaging 18 mpg overall (I don't charge much because I only have access to a 110 outlet). That said, the car's really fun and fast to drive (and launch), and I still think it's much better value over the S, especially considering how future resale values will be stronger than most of us may have originally thought due to demand.

The question now becomes....after I'm 24 months into my 36 month lease and want to take advantage of Porsche's pull-ahead program.....do I go and finance a heavily depreciated Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid? Panamera Turbo (used)? A Taycan Turbo (used) or 4S Sport Turismo (new - once announced)? Cayenne Turbo (used)?

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL Cayenne Hybrid Delay Thread