Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

OFFICIAL Cayenne Hybrid Delay Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 06:03 AM
london123
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

thanks, pls do let us all know what your dealer says about the update from porsche GB.
I guess you can play them at their game & ask for a loaner till ehybrid is delivered, so potentially, a yr or more!
Old 06-11-2019, 04:07 PM
sweis
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

My car is about to arrive in San Diego in the next few days. I live 2 miles from the port. Knowing my car is going to just be sitting there for months so close to me is going to drive me nuts. Praying that they can sell them in August. Additionally my SA is on extended medical leave and gave me another SA to contact who does nothing but try to sell me a lot car anytime I ask him a question about my order. If anyone has updates please share as I certainly dont think this new SA will be updating me.
Old 06-11-2019, 05:52 PM
PGPorsche
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

For the US buyers I noticed on the fuel.gov website the federal tax credit seems off. It has the credit for the 2019 lower than the previous gen.

https://fueleconomy.gov/feg/taxevb.shtml
Old 06-11-2019, 07:54 PM
TXSchnee
Racer

Received 196 Likes on 118 Posts

So is there any point of putting in an order until some hybrids start showing up at dealers?
Old 06-11-2019, 08:54 PM
sweis
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TXSchnee
So is there any point of putting in an order until some hybrids start showing up at dealers?

So that you can wait in pain with the rest of us.

On a real note though, is Porsche gonna hook us up on any aspect of the car (discount, free something, edible arrangements perhaps) because of the multiple delays or do they not really care? Ive never had a car delayed so I dont know how it goes.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:23 PM
jsclarke
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Ordering an e-hybrid ensures there will be one that arrives at your dealer equipped exactly as you’d like. And if conditions change or you don’t want it you will get your deposit back.
Old 06-13-2019, 10:52 AM
earthwormjim
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by london123
thanks, pls do let us all know what your dealer says about the update from porsche GB.
I guess you can play them at their game & ask for a loaner till ehybrid is delivered, so potentially, a yr or more!
I spoke to my dealer last night and they gave me the good news that some August e-hybrid allocations have come through! Unfortunately, due to WLTP, delivery will not be until Q4 (which month they do not know yet). But at least they're going to production now which was my main concern. Still no updates on the specification of the vehicles themselves eg. potential increased battery range (if any).

I actually missed their call on Tuesday afternoon, which was them calling to say they had no updates from Porsche GB. I was set firm on cancelling my order if they had no news. The allocations came through to them on wednesday, so I'm pretty glad I missed it.
Old 06-13-2019, 03:19 PM
london123
Instructor

fingers crossed that the battery range has been upped then, in line with WLTP criteria; 40miles range would be ideal i think, which translates to a genuine 25-30 in midwinter. I would have thought july, august annual factory closures would pre-empt any futures changes in spec though.
Old 06-13-2019, 10:41 PM
TXSchnee
Racer

Received 196 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by jsclarke
Ordering an e-hybrid ensures there will be one that arrives at your dealer equipped exactly as you’d like. And if conditions change or you don’t want it you will get your deposit back.
I am planning on ordering, as it would be fairly odd for one to show up the way I would equip it. I was really hoping to test drive before I put the order in, but realize that may not be in the cards. Also don't like the idea of a finished vehicle sitting in port for 4+ months, as seems to be happening now.
Old 06-13-2019, 11:20 PM
SaintD
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am planning on ordering, as it would be fairly odd for one to show up the way I would equip it. I was really hoping to test drive before I put the order in, but realize that may not be in the cards. Also don't like the idea of a finished vehicle sitting in port for 4+ months, as seems to be happening now.

Good point. I think that the idle time at the port is even more detrimental to the electrical system of a hybrid. My Panamera Hybrid is being lemon lawed now after sitting extensively on a dealership lot without being driven. I’m convinced that it is the primary cause for my numerous & seemingly random electronic issues.
Old 06-16-2019, 09:42 PM
CanadianNorth
Advanced

Received 87 Likes on 24 Posts
Default VIN provided this past Friday

Greetings. We placed our order (factory spec) for a 2019 E-Hybrid in January. The dealership has confirmed that the vehicle was built in early June and shipping out of Emden near June 7. Last Friday I received an email from Porsche encouraging me to register for MyPorche in order to activate Porsche Connect. During this process, I discovered my VIN. The profile image matched my build spec.

Dealership still claims September delivery as there are U.S. Certification delays.

CanadianNorth
Old 06-18-2019, 04:56 PM
london123
Instructor

earthwormjim, did your dealer mention price increase for the August build, Sept delivery? i've just had a call today, they said freeze date end of June for the august build with price increase (but couldn't state how much!); I would have thought our deposit would 'lock' the price?
Old 06-19-2019, 05:39 AM
earthwormjim
Advanced

earthwormjim, did your dealer mention price increase for the August build, Sept delivery? i've just had a call today, they said freeze date end of June for the august build with price increase (but couldn't state how much!); I would have thought our deposit would 'lock' the price?
Yes, without the figures in front of me I believe it was around a +£1,250 exc. VAT difference. All of the options remained at the same price point, except for the paint, which cost ~£25 more (again, exc. VAT).

My dealer have said they will honour the original as they previously mentioned given the process has been a bit of a nightmare with the e-hybrid. I do have to say that they have been great throughout, all things considered (while noting the car is still not yet in production, so there is plenty of time!).

Also, the UK config tool is still showing as it did before, ie. no prices, no updated options. I only know the HUD is also available (which doesn't show on the tool). I do not know what else there may be available.

Lastly, I was told Aug build, but delivery not until Q4 due to WLTP testing. I don't know whether that is the dealer giving me worst case scenario, as Sept delivery would be perfect for me. It sounds like information on this model from Porsche GB is still a bit thin on the ground at the moment.
Old 06-19-2019, 05:52 PM
london123
Instructor

Thanks, earthwormjim.
Did they confirm this will be a 2020 model year? i've 11days to decide before the freeze date but wondering whether I should delay till the actual specs are confirmed - assuming there's upgrade in battery capacity to meet WLTP.
Old 06-20-2019, 04:02 AM
earthwormjim
Advanced

Thanks, earthwormjim.
Did they confirm this will be a 2020 model year? i've 11days to decide before the freeze date but wondering whether I should delay till the actual specs are confirmed - assuming there's upgrade in battery capacity to meet WLTP.
No problem. They haven’t confirmed either way. Personally, I am going ahead despite not having the specs as I figure I was all set to go before any mention of an upgraded battery capacity. Though it would be a big bonus if the range was extended.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL Cayenne Hybrid Delay Thread