4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you.
Old 12-17-2023, 12:20 PM
970MS
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bokh
Thanks for sharing, can you share how you mounted the camera at the back and how did you run the wire through the car?

Thanks
Old 12-17-2023, 02:54 PM
bokh
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by 970MS
Thanks for sharing, can you share how you mounted the camera at the back and how did you run the wire through the car?

Thanks
I have a 991 so prob irrelevant in this thread how I wired it through the car (underneath the spoiler, behind the engine cover, into the car behind the backseat and behind the trim at the bottom on the driver side.)
I mounted it on the license plate with the mount behind the plate. Can barely see the wire. Unfortunately I had to put my radar detector at the bottom and its wire is now visible...

PS: if you get this camera with Mr12Volt, don't forget to cut the purple wire. You'll get a much higher resolution and the image quality will be even better.

Old 12-19-2023, 04:14 PM
MBGoodStuff
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Roman ACS
This is a wireless system. The usb plug that is provides is a female end and is meant really for music or movies on a usb stick.
Just FYI, at least with the newer model you can actually plug directly into the included USB receptor and activate wired Android Auto. I was having issues with my unit and contacted Mr12volt directly and they told me to do this and it works perfectly. Not sure if it works with the older units.
Old 12-19-2023, 05:03 PM
MBGoodStuff
5th Gear

More often then not these are settings in carplay/android auto or just the permissions on the phone. Our module only provides connectivity, not the software, with exception to screen mirroring and such. I would check your app permissions and see if this feature is "on".
Turned out to be a defective unit. Connected support over WhatsApp and they helped me troubleshoot a bit and then sent me a new unit. Mic worked when I installed the replacement box. Moral of the story is to keep asking questions and check with Mr12Volt support. They are very responsive and helpful.
Old 12-19-2023, 05:36 PM
MBGoodStuff
5th Gear

Default Disconnect issues?

So I've had my unit for a couple of months now (it is the newer, upgraded version) in my 2016 Cayenne Turbo S and I'm having a continuing problem which is really frustrating. Regularly, but at random times, the Android Auto completely disconnects and I get kicked back to the Mr 12 volt splash screen. I then have to restart Android Auto by pressing the button on the screen but it usually fails and kicks me back out with a few minutes. I can tell this is about to happen because the audio starts to get garbled or stutters and then freezes, and then the system disconnects. I don't have any other issues with my phone in terms of Bluetooth. In fact it works perfectly. I also don't have any other issues with the Mr 12 volt system. I contacted support and they ran me through some troubleshooting, including upgrading to the most recent firmware and upgrading my Android auto app, but unfortunately that did not help and I'm still getting continually disconnected from Android Auto and kicked back out to the Mr 12 volt splash screen. Their solution for now was for me to connect to wired Android Auto through the included USB cord, which I didn't think I could do but obviously I can and it works perfectly. Nevertheless, I would like to be able to use the system wirelessly as intended. Is anyone else experiencing anything like this and, if so, did you find any solutions? Unfortunately, although their support was extremely helpful, they ran out of troubleshooting options and just told me to use wired Android Auto for now. If it matters, I am using a Google Pixel 7 Pro and I am on Android 14 beta. Also, it's definitely not an issue with loose wiring or plugs... That has been checked and rechecked multiple times. Also, to the extent it may make a difference, it seems to happen more at slower speeds than at highway speeds, although that may just be a coincidence. Thanks!
Old 12-19-2023, 05:49 PM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Received 346 Likes on 241 Posts

Do you have a friend who has an android phone? Maybe take them for a ride and see if it happens with his phone? That should let you know if it's the phone or Mr12volt.
The following users liked this post:
MBGoodStuff (12-19-2023)
Old 12-28-2023, 04:11 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 131 Likes on 99 Posts

For those looking for more pics of installs etc I started a facebook group that will have a lot of media on it. Please check my signature below for the link to join.

Our website is now LIVE! please visit us at www.ACSByRoman.com

COUPON CODE "toys" FOR FREE INSTALL KIT!

On site install is available in the Philadelphia PA area as is Global shipping!

CLICK HERE JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP
Old 01-03-2024, 01:02 PM
renntier
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gus B.
@RhinoComp and @renntier : assuming you had access to a RTA, would the "baseline" EQ settings before adjusting be all bands at -5db and then "boost" (to a maximum of 0db) whatever frequency requires adjusting? If this is the case, wouldn't the sound be radically different than the intended final outcome as one would be subtracting (every band at -5db) most of the sounds?

Forgive my ignorance, it's just that I have never heard of this way of adjusting before and it goes completely against what I've seen since the 80s when we had EQs as part of the dash on aftermarket stereos (yes, I am dating myself...).
You are right with your assumption: Depending on what kind of EQ is used, the spectrogram could look A LOT different. Some EQs for example have some sort of "reset" between their data points, which leaves the area between them closer to 0 than to e.g. -5 which you have set this to. I however don't feel like this is the case with the Mr12V however I don't have any equipment to prove this unfortunately. If you have access to it, I'd be very interested in the results as well!

Old 01-04-2024, 01:33 AM
Malmenator
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Does anybody have a sound processor coupled with their Mr12volt unit? If so, does it benefit at all?
Old 01-10-2024, 04:57 PM
menzzer37
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Has anybody had their unit fail? Mine has been in for 2 months and randomly, I just lost sounds and backup camera. video works fine, but I have no sound. Reverse does not bring up the camera either. Everything works fine in other input modes. I’ve tried a factory reset and reboot without luck. No response from mr12volt
Old 01-10-2024, 05:12 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 131 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by menzzer37
Has anybody had their unit fail? Mine has been in for 2 months and randomly, I just lost sounds and backup camera. video works fine, but I have no sound. Reverse does not bring up the camera either. Everything works fine in other input modes. I’ve tried a factory reset and reboot without luck. No response from mr12volt
No equipment is without failures. That being said it's rare for me to hear of issues. Is this a unit bought from me? I've not had any notification.
Old 01-10-2024, 05:33 PM
menzzer37
Rennlist Member

No equipment is without failures. That being said it's rare for me to hear of issues. Is this a unit bought from me? I've not had any notification.
No, unfortunately, it was directly from them.
Old 01-10-2024, 08:43 PM
SSDVC
Rennlist Member

Received 232 Likes on 162 Posts

Maybe go in and recheck your connections?
Old 01-11-2024, 08:33 AM
menzzer37
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SSDVC
Maybe go in and recheck your connections?

I did pull it last night and everyone looks fine. Odd that only the Audio and reverse went out after 2.5 months. Zero reply from Mr12Volt

Quick Reply: Mr12Volt - The solution for Carplay and Android Auto integration