Cayenne Coding - The Ultimate Guide & Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2020, 12:23 AM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 600 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by twodollardoug
I was able to spend a little time with the new update yesterday. Once you get past the homepage nothing has changed. At least on the x431 v.
The buttons and text do look different throughout... and that darn Rear Locking Differential control unit is not accessible any longer... I haven't tried many others as I had to spend time deleting all those strange car models to free up space!

Oh, and the fancy VIN lookup didn't work either... argh!
Old 05-27-2020, 12:33 AM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Received 346 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by garrett376
The buttons and text do look different throughout... and that darn Rear Locking Differential control unit is not accessible any longer... I haven't tried many others as I had to spend time deleting all those strange car models to free up space!

Oh, and the fancy VIN lookup didn't work either... argh!
That sucks... I added more memory when I first got mine so I really haven't paid much attention to my memory space. I too have come across a few bugs/things that I get a code successful that revert right back when I press ok. I have received zero correspondence from them. Which sucks because I spent a lot of money on this thing. I would say that 80% of the things I have coded worked like they should, but that last 20% would make it perfect.
Most of the functions go way over my head and I dare not guess on things I'm not 100% sure of. I'm sure it is way more capable than my knowledge and lack of training.
Old 05-27-2020, 03:40 AM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,304 Likes on 1,370 Posts

I sent it to:

sales@x431tool.com

No reply.

siberian

The best long distance runners eat raw meat, run naked and sleep in the snow
Old 05-27-2020, 01:01 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,149 Likes on 763 Posts

Just a little challenge... wonder if this is buried somewhere in the ECU or instrument cluster:

Old 05-27-2020, 01:48 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I suppose the most interested parties by this would be insurance companies in case of a claim

siberian

Old 05-27-2020, 02:32 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 806 Posts

since piwis II clones are starting to come down in price to roughly $450, is there a reason people are preferring the Launch unit? Seems PIWIS, despite being a bit buggy, really performs everything we could ask it to, including key programming (assuming you have the PWAS codes, or whatever they are called)
Old 05-27-2020, 02:40 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Yes, support costs to maintain the unit up to date, delays in software (battery registration for latest Porsche vehicles was not available when I was shopping for mine). Versatility, meaning if you have other vehicles in your stable that are (gasp) not Porsche, Launch will address those. Price of the unit, and I'm sure folks have other reasons. Those are mine. But if someone near Fairbanks has a PIWIS with BCM module please let me know. We're supposed to have a Alaska Porsche Club meet Saturday (with social distancing) and hopefully someone will have one so I can do another mod as the Launch doesn't have that module yet.

siberian

Old 05-27-2020, 09:40 PM
Loulouton
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
since piwis II clones are starting to come down in price to roughly $450, is there a reason people are preferring the Launch unit? Seems PIWIS, despite being a bit buggy, really performs everything we could ask it to, including key programming (assuming you have the PWAS codes, or whatever they are called)
Where did you find a Piwis 2 at that price? The cheapest I saw is around 900$. For 400$ you can find just the VCX unit without any laptop or software.
Old 05-27-2020, 11:51 PM
compwhiz
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trunk closing while engine is not off?

So I did some coding, mainly enabled preheat function in my eHybrid, but after that, I swear that I can’t open rear lid unless the key is in Off position. I tried to code this using the tool, but it would not write the value. Does anyone know how to allow for opening of rear lid from the drivers door console while car is in Park but is engine is On? Currently, when I try to do it, it opens but then makes a noise like it detected an obstacle and stops.

Last edited by compwhiz; 05-28-2020 at 12:39 AM.
Old 05-28-2020, 07:12 AM
Loulouton
Intermediate

Originally Posted by siberian
. But if someone near Fairbanks has a PIWIS with BCM module please let me know. We're supposed to have a Alaska Porsche Club meet Saturday (with social distancing) and hopefully someone will have one so I can do another mod as the Launch doesn't have that module ye
@siberian
There are 2 BCM modules in our Cayenne. One for the front and one for the rear. Both are supported by the Launch x431. On my device they are referenced as Front Electronic and Rear Electronic if I remember well.
Old 05-28-2020, 07:49 PM
9000RPM
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Not all my friends and family drive Porsches.
Old 05-28-2020, 07:55 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Loulouton
@siberian
There are 2 BCM modules in our Cayenne. One for the front and one for the rear. Both are supported by the Launch x431. On my device they are referenced as Front Electronic and Rear Electronic if I remember well.

I am trying to enable the rear tail lights to be illuminated with the DRLs. From what I gather (and why I have no idea) they should be in the FRONT Electronic, but the specific access to tail lights is not present. When I asked Launch they replied that it wasn't part of their suite. Can you find rear lights in your version? Merci d'avance

siberian

Old 05-28-2020, 07:56 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 9000RPM
Not all my friends and family drive Porsches.
An appalling situation...

siberian

Old 05-29-2020, 06:33 AM
Loulouton
Intermediate

Originally Posted by siberian
I am trying to enable the rear tail lights to be illuminated with the DRLs. From what I gather (and why I have no idea) they should be in the FRONT Electronic, but the specific access to tail lights is not present. When I asked Launch they replied that it wasn't part of their suite. Can you find rear lights in your version? Merci d'avance

siberian

I've found this in Rear-end Electronics/Coding/Brush Hidden-Modified/Coding value/Coding value-0

Hope it helps...

The following users liked this post:
siberian (05-29-2020)
Old 05-29-2020, 09:45 AM
911-997
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 67 Posts

do you have a link to the $450 PIWIs clone

thanks
The following 2 users liked this post by 911-997:
skinnytirez (05-29-2020), wkearney99 (05-29-2020)

Quick Reply: Cayenne Coding - The Ultimate Guide & Discussion