Cayenne Coding - The Ultimate Guide & Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2020, 12:46 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,304 Likes on 1,370 Posts

Thank you Loulouton, I'll have a look!

I note that I have software version 23.75 and you 23.70. Several folks have mentioned "issues" with the latest upgrade. I'll have a look this weekend after our Porsche Meet Saturday.

siberian

The best long distance runners eat raw meat, run naked and sleep in the snow
Old 05-29-2020, 04:48 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

OK, so here is the solution for those wanting to have the rear tail lights on with their DRLs (this is for a 2020 Macan S).

As we approach our summer equinox with near 22 hours of daylight it's less of an issue than in 6 months when the inverse occurs and visibility is key. On the version I have, it's different from what Loulouton mentions in the helpful post above. In my case, and, as I have mentioned previously, for some unknown reason they've put that option in the FRONT END ELECTRONICS. In the section Loulouton mentions, the Exterior Lights LED Lights simply confirms that you have LEDs (and not halogen) nothing else in my version. To actually enable them you must go to the section I outline below.

SYSTEM SELECTION -> FRONT END ELECTRONICS->CODE BRUSH HIDDEN

At this point as nothing in that grouping (or the REAR ELECTRONICS for that matter) showed anything pertaining to the feature I want, I went to (initially I just put REAR as a search criteria but here is the exact parameter)

-> SEARCH FOR CODING ITEMS
CODING-EXT-LIGHT-DDL with POSITION- AND-TAIL LIGHT (any part of that string, as I can't remember the exact position of the dashes, will get you there)

DEFAULT VALUE (NO)

change to YES

WRITE

and you're done. As you can see there are myriads of permutations as to where different models/versions of Launch decide to place their modules. Furthermore, in this case Loulouton has a different Porsche software module to mine and probably a different APK as well.

Thank you to all who helped and I hope this may be of interest/use to someone else.

siberian

Old 05-29-2020, 05:14 PM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 600 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by siberian
OK, so here is the solution for those wanting to have the rear tail lights on with their DRLs (this is for a 2020 Macan S).

As we approach our summer equinox with near 22 hours of daylight it's less of an issue than in 6 months when the inverse occurs and visibility is key.
I'm curious, what's the difference in doing what you describe, and just having your lights turned on via the switch?
Old 05-29-2020, 05:24 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I don't turn on any lights. As it stands in daylight, only the mandated (front) DRL's are on, the back only light up when you press the brakes. In this case,the rear lights (not the brake lights) and rear position lights are on as well. As DRL's have proven to save lives by providing a clearer view to oncoming traffic, the back also provides visibility in foggy or marginal conditions. I believe it is mandated in Scandinavian countries.

siberian

Old 05-29-2020, 05:32 PM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 600 Likes on 462 Posts

I don't turn on any lights. As it stands in daylight, only the mandated (front) DRL's are on, the back only light up when you press the brakes. In this case,the rear lights (not the brake lights) and rear position lights are on as well. As DRL's have proven to save lives by providing a clearer view to oncoming traffic, the back also provides visibility in foggy or marginal conditions. I believe it is mandated in Scandinavian countries.
Gotcha. Which are the front DRLs: I assume not the LEDs on the front?
Old 05-29-2020, 06:14 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

The front DRL's are the 4 LEDs in each headlight assembly.

siberian

Old 05-30-2020, 02:04 AM
Loulouton
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't turn on any lights. As it stands in daylight, only the mandated (front) DRL's are on, the back only light up when you press the brakes. In this case,the rear lights (not the brake lights) and rear position lights are on as well. As DRL's have proven to save lives by providing a clearer view to oncoming traffic, the back also provides visibility in foggy or marginal conditions. I t it is mandated in Scandinavian countries.

siberian

I did not catch what you would like to do. Just understood you would like to enable led for rear light. My bad.
Old 05-30-2020, 02:09 AM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

No worries, thank you for taking the time.

siberian

Old 05-30-2020, 02:19 AM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Received 346 Likes on 241 Posts

I have one for you guys. I want to delete my rear wiper and washer from my CTT. I would like to turn it off so the car doesn't think it has one. I have found references to the rear wiper in the rear electronics module and the instrument cluster but neither of them would turn them off. And I'm not really sure if the lines I was changing were correct.
I did watch a video of someone turning there's off with a vds on a VW but it was way different than the launch. I tried to see if there was any commonality but no way.
Have any off you guys deleted your rear wiper or come across it your travels?
Old 05-30-2020, 04:48 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I would like to add a small detail that I'm sure everyone caught but I didn't in my search for the above and namely the abbreviation DDL.

I was so fixated with DRL as in Daytime Running Lights, I didn't imagine anyone would code that as DDL or Daytime Driving Lights. I'm sure if you do a Code Search for DDL it will come up much faster. I should have thought of that earlier as there are a myriad parameters referencing DDL yet I can't remember a single one dealing with DRL. Oh well, live and learn.

siberian

Old 07-14-2020, 12:43 AM
javcs
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

A very educational thread, one of the best I have read in years. I spent over 2 hours reading and researching different versions of tools... I even canceled my Durametric Pro that I ordered this morning.

I do have a question. As of today which unit is the best over unit to purchased for Porsche and BMW.

Any info will be appreciated.

2014 Porsche Cayenne GTS
2012 BMW 535i FOB
Old 07-14-2020, 12:54 AM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Been using the VAG-COM for over 12 years and thus got used to the layout and immense breadth of tools etc. available. When I got the Macan S, despite pleadings and urging to Uwe Ross, he wasn't even remotely interested in doing a Mac version of the VAG-COM or a Porsche one.

After weeks and months of reading the forum as well as other ones, I settled on the Launch x431. Very pleased with it. Learning curve was not too steep, but it's not a VAG-COM. However in 12 years I'll probably say the same about whatever tool comes next. It's what you're used to, but the Launch works for me even if it's not as intuitive in parts as I'd like.

HTH

siberian
Old 07-14-2020, 02:53 PM
javcs
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

which one is better?

LAUNCH X431 V PRO Bi-Directional Scan Tool $863

or

LAUNCH X431 PROS Mini Scanner Bi-Directional $789

Old 07-14-2020, 04:08 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Please don't scream...

I believe one is the size of a tablet and the other is like an over sized phone. My comment above refers to the Mini Scanner. It's design makes it easy to hold (vs a tablet).

siberian
Old 07-15-2020, 12:13 PM
dollarlongnecks
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by javcs
which one is better?

LAUNCH X431 V PRO Bi-Directional Scan Tool $863

or

LAUNCH X431 PROS Mini Scanner Bi-Directional $789

Don't get the Pro S Mini, if you want a smaller tablet, go with the Pro Mini, as it has slightly more features that the S.

Quick Reply: Cayenne Coding - The Ultimate Guide & Discussion