Cayenne Coding - The Ultimate Guide & Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2020, 08:06 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,304 Likes on 1,370 Posts

Originally Posted by asleep636
Sorry. misstated earlier. I actually have the factory installed hitch with the 7-way plug.
Not sure if this was addressed, but unless the system is under load (meaning connected to a trailer) it will not register. Assuming it's the same system as the ones in the VDub Touaregs

siberian

The best long distance runners eat raw meat, run naked and sleep in the snow
Old 03-19-2020, 08:07 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

A quick question in the hope that someone has addressed it:

On my 2015 RS5 I'm able to enable the rear lights to be on as part of the DRLs. Any way to do this on a 2020 Macan S? TIA

siberian

Old 03-21-2020, 01:44 AM
mr_hyde
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Has anyone found any logic settings for the proximity alerts? I'd really like them to shut up when I put the car in neutral. For example, I was at the drive through today and the left front was barking the whole time I was paying the person at the window. I'd also like the front alerts to STFU when I'm in reverse pulling out of a parking spot. The holy grail would be a geo-logic where it would shut off when I'm at home. Backing into the garage silently would be glorious but I have a symphony of rapid beeps even though I use a visual reference in the side window to know where to place the car. I can look forward to the same symphony the next time I pull out of the garage.
Old 03-21-2020, 01:52 AM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mr_hyde
Has anyone found any logic settings for the proximity alerts? I'd really like them to shut up when I put the car in neutral. For example, I was at the drive through today and the left front was barking the whole time I was paying the person at the window. I'd also like the front alerts to STFU when I'm in reverse pulling out of a parking spot. The holy grail would be a geo-logic where it would shut off when I'm at home. Backing into the garage silently would be glorious but I have a symphony of rapid beeps even though I use a visual reference in the side window to know where to place the car. I can look forward to the same symphony the next time I pull out of the garage.
Sorry I don't have a Cayenne but I have a Touareg and a Macan and on both of those there's a switch you can press to STPS (Shut The Parking Sensors) up when you need them to. Would that work (if you had them on the Cayenne)?

siberian

Old 03-21-2020, 01:52 AM
dan_189
Race Car

Received 133 Likes on 117 Posts

Why don't you just turn the sensor volume down in the settings?

On another note has anyone code their 958 to not have error messages with LED rear license plate lights?
Old 03-21-2020, 01:53 AM
dan_189
Race Car

Originally Posted by siberian
Sorry I don't have a Cayenne but I have a Touareg and a Macan and on both of those there's a switch you can press to STPS (Shut The Parking Sensors) up when you need them to. Would that work (if you had them on the Cayenne)?

siberian

This is probably a better idea, the cayenne has this button in the overhead light.
Old 03-21-2020, 01:56 AM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Received 346 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by dan_189
Why don't you just turn the sensor volume down in the settings?

On another note has anyone code their 958 to not have error messages with LED rear license plate lights?
I tried to code them to the led option and it wouldn't take. So I just turned off the warning.
Old 03-21-2020, 03:23 PM
dan_189
Race Car

Originally Posted by twodollardoug
I tried to code them to the led option and it wouldn't take. So I just turned off the warning.
Thanks Doug where was that? I couldn't find it last time I had my PIWIS2 plugged in. Also where can you disable the warning?
​​​​​​
Old 03-21-2020, 03:33 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,903 Likes on 1,720 Posts

Originally Posted by mr_hyde
there is a button overhead console that willturn it off.
Old 03-21-2020, 03:46 PM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Received 346 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by dan_189
Thanks Doug where was that? I couldn't find it last time I had my PIWIS2 plugged in. Also where can you disable the warning?
​​​​​​
I think the LED option was in the lift gate or rear end electronics module. The warning option was in the instrument cluster module. I am using the launch x431 so I'm not sure how different it is from the piwis. Please let us know if you find it and are actually able to change it. Or if you just turn off the warning.
Old 03-22-2020, 08:07 PM
dan_189
Race Car

Originally Posted by twodollardoug
I think the LED option was in the lift gate or rear end electronics module. The warning option was in the instrument cluster module. I am using the launch x431 so I'm not sure how different it is from the piwis. Please let us know if you find it and are actually able to change it. Or if you just turn off the warning.
Thanks - the last time I looked through it there weren't any options for LED on mine 2010 MY11 so maybe newer 958s have the option. Didn't know you could turn off the warning in the instrument cluster module - I just bought Philips canbus error cancellers but would prefer to just turn off the warning.

Keep you posted!
Old 03-22-2020, 09:14 PM
djrez4
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Has anyone tried out the Launch Thinkdiag for coding? I came across it while looking at the Diagun IV on eBay. Can’t find info on the web outside of sites selling it. $120 vs. at least $650 would be a pretty big deal.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LAUNCH-OBD2...sAAOSwZJReamVY

Last edited by djrez4; 03-22-2020 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Extra thoughts
Old 03-23-2020, 12:30 AM
F SANE IL
Three Wheelin'

Received 174 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by djrez4
Has anyone tried out the Launch Thinkdiag for coding? I came across it while looking at the Diagun IV on eBay. Can’t find info on the web outside of sites selling it. $120 vs. at least $650 would be a pretty big deal.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LAUNCH-OBD2...sAAOSwZJReamVY
Pretty sure this ThinkDiag is only for scanning codes a resetting maintenance. The Vpro does much more
Old 04-14-2020, 04:40 AM
krburrell
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

I have a 2018 991.2 and I am looking to see if I can activate the PCM Aux input with LAUNCH X431 V+. I saw in another thread that the Aux input was Byte 8 - Aux Settings. Can someone search to see if they see this code with the LAUNCH X431?
Old 04-14-2020, 06:22 AM
Lyolik
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Loulouton
2011 MY.

The items to code to switch the start/stop button into "last mode" behaviour are in the "Air Conditionning" module. Search the items with "start" in their names, code them as followed and that's it.

great, thanks! work on my GTS 2016

Quick Reply: Cayenne Coding - The Ultimate Guide & Discussion