Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Cayenne Coding - The Ultimate Guide & Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2023, 07:31 AM
Bill Mitchell
Pro

Received 419 Likes on 205 Posts

I just found this thread, very timely. I've been on the 718 forum for coding features of my GTS 4.0, and wanted to do the same for my Cayenne, so thanks very much for all the help this will give me. I bought a Launch x431, model 919x, from Amazon. List price was $372, but after signing up for a credit card I got $200 off and total cost was about $190 with tax. This little jewel does all the coding the more expensive ones does, so far at least. I've been able to change the number of blinks for Lane change, eliminate the seat belt warning, input actual values for water temp and a few other things. Now I should be able to do the same on my Cayenne.
Old 09-27-2023, 12:21 PM
vwbrd
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Mitchell
I just found this thread, very timely. I've been on the 718 forum for coding features of my GTS 4.0, and wanted to do the same for my Cayenne, so thanks very much for all the help this will give me. I bought a Launch x431, model 919x, from Amazon. List price was $372, but after signing up for a credit card I got $200 off and total cost was about $190 with tax. This little jewel does all the coding the more expensive ones does, so far at least. I've been able to change the number of blinks for Lane change, eliminate the seat belt warning, input actual values for water temp and a few other things. Now I should be able to do the same on my Cayenne.
I found the $372 one on amazon. Did you have any issues with it being region-specific? Some reviews said it was a european model and they had issues using it in the US (granted, maybe just on USA domestic vehicles).
The following users liked this post:
Pablos007 (10-02-2023)
Old 09-27-2023, 01:05 PM
Bill Mitchell
Pro

Received 419 Likes on 205 Posts

I've had no problems with it.
Old 09-27-2023, 01:15 PM
UnoMas
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Thanks for the update, I am going to give it a try
Old 10-21-2023, 06:55 AM
bludiesel
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys,

I really really really need your help.
I have 958 with ACC and because of my poor choice of choosing a cheap mechanic to change the condenser, they did something to the Adaptive Cruise Control and it stops working intermittently while i was driving and i drive long distances every day.
I have seen multiple mechanics and they keep asking for an unbelievable amount of money to fix it or even worse replace the unit which costs about 30% of the car price.
So my ask, I want to know how I could program the car to have just a normal cruise control, I don't need ACC.
I have recently found this thread of someone retrofitting ACC (Here)and he mentioned the modules he had to code so I am guessing reversing the process should do it.
I would sincerely appreciate a response.. please
Old 10-21-2023, 01:40 PM
honerboys
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Mitchell
"I just found this thread, very timely. I've been on the 718 forum for coding features of my GTS 4.0, and wanted to do the same for my Cayenne, so thanks very much for all the help this will give me. I bought a Launch x431, model 919x, from Amazon. List price was $372, but after signing up for a credit card I got $200 off and total cost was about $190 with tax. This little jewel does all the coding the more expensive ones does, so far at least. I've been able to change the number of blinks for Lane change, eliminate the seat belt warning, input actual values for water temp and a few other things. Now I should be able to do the same on my Cayenne."

so can this tool test and calibrate the hvac flaps? - our is an actual porsche pwis needed? - i think i have some issues with the flaps not opening and closing as directed - below is a link to my thread describing what's going on - it's that time of year again when i don't want either a/c or heat but i'm getting heat anyway - asked dealer about looking at it and he said that it would probably be a time consuming task....so $$$$$$ - thanks

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...t-panel-2.html
Old 11-09-2023, 06:04 PM
dustang50
8th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bludiesel
Hi guys,

I really really really need your help.
I have 958 with ACC and because of my poor choice of choosing a cheap mechanic to change the condenser, they did something to the Adaptive Cruise Control and it stops working intermittently while i was driving and i drive long distances every day.
I have seen multiple mechanics and they keep asking for an unbelievable amount of money to fix it or even worse replace the unit which costs about 30% of the car price.
So my ask, I want to know how I could program the car to have just a normal cruise control, I don't need ACC.
I have recently found this thread of someone retrofitting ACC (Here)and he mentioned the modules he had to code so I am guessing reversing the process should do it.
I would sincerely appreciate a response.. please
Mine has been doing the same thing for about 6 months. After a bunch of troubleshooting I've isolated the issue to the bundle of wires underneath the driver side floor. Moving them around (where they come up through the carpeting underneath the dash) eventually clears the problem, though it comes back after a week or two. I'm suspecting a bad splice. I have a thread started here & will post updates as soon as I have any!
The following users liked this post:
bludiesel (11-12-2023)
Old 11-09-2023, 06:11 PM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Received 350 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by dustang50
Mine has been doing the same thing for about 6 months. After a bunch of troubleshooting I've isolated the issue to the bundle of wires underneath the driver side floor. Moving them around (where they come up through the carpeting underneath the dash) eventually clears the problem, though it comes back after a week or two. I'm suspecting a bad splice. I have a thread started here & will post updates as soon as I have any!
Sounds like corrosion. Might have had water on the floor board at some point.
Old 11-09-2023, 06:18 PM
dustang50
8th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by twodollardoug
Sounds like corrosion. Might have had water on the floor board at some point.
When I changed the battery I removed most of the carpeting & didn't find any signs of water. But I only looked at the exposed wires - I didn't remove the factory tape holding the bundle together. I'm kicking myself for not doing that!
Old 11-11-2023, 09:12 PM
turbo63
Track Day

Default Program ODYSSEY battery with Launch Scanner

Any idea what I put in?
Old 11-26-2023, 09:42 AM
dedicated007
2nd Gear

Do somebody know how i can activate the Compass in my 2016 Cayenne with Piwis 3? Compass ist original and Connected with the PCM. I can See in Gateaway that the system Recognize the Compass. I can Calibrate it. But I can't do it or can't find where I can activate the compass in Piwis.i will be very happy for help.
Old 11-26-2023, 01:01 PM
honerboys
Rennlist Member

has anyone found any of these scan/coding tools that can test/calibrate the HVAC system? - cold here in denver - last night no heat to driver's feet - sometimes works - sometimes not - in summer i sometimes get heat when i have A/C on....?
Old 11-27-2023, 09:20 AM
Phrog Phlyer
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

@900RPM - I recently purchased a Launch CRP919e Elite off Amazon (link below) and it has the same coding capabilities as the x431 v+ or X431 Pros Mini.

@honerboys - I'm not sure if the CRP919e listed above will do everything you need but the documentation listed the following:
New Functions: 1) For Cayenne-9YA (asof2018) added the low-temperature circuit bleeding and A/C compressor running-in functions for the thermal management system and the valve servo motor setting / checking and A/C compressor setting functions for the A/C system. 2) For Panamera (971), added the low-temperature circuit bleeding and A/C compressor running-in functions for the thermal management system and the valve servo motor setting / checking and A/C compressor setting functions for the A/C system.3) For Taycan added cooling circuit emptying and filling cooling circuit bleeding and A/C compressor running-in functions for the thermal management system and the valve servo motor setting/checking function for the A/C system.
Additionally, when I emailed the seller they were very quick to respond.
No Affiliation -
Link -
Amazon Amazon
Old 11-27-2023, 01:10 PM
honerboys
Rennlist Member

so are these all the same thing? - the 2 on amazon are the same seller ..but way different price - the 1 on ebay may also be the same seller but with an "official" added to the name

https://www.ebay.com/itm/30483142395...RoCkHMQAvD_BwE

Amazon Amazon

Amazon Amazon
Old 11-27-2023, 04:56 PM
Phrog Phlyer
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

@honerboys
It looks to me all 3 are the same tool and the same seller. It is also the one I bought.

Quick Reply: Cayenne Coding - The Ultimate Guide & Discussion