Sponsored By:

Cayenne Coding - The Ultimate Guide & Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2024, 06:10 PM
TurtleMountain
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ernie334
@TurtleMountain how did you turn the Turbo Boost gauge on? Did you do this on x431 or piwis? I only have access to piwis

With the x431-919. It is in the instrument cluster programming
Old 07-25-2024, 12:44 PM
baby991
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

I have read through from first post to the last, I don’t think I saw anything regarding the ride height coding. Did anyone know about this?
Old 07-26-2024, 04:38 AM
rainer
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by baby991
I have read through from first post to the last, I don’t think I saw anything regarding the ride height coding. Did anyone know about this?
ride height is not coding. It can be found under maintenance / PASM calibration.
Old 07-30-2024, 11:08 AM
vr430
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi y'all. Read the entire thread, phew... Got me a CRP919 and did most of the hacks on my 2014CD. Some even worked (well, actually all). Thank you! I still a have couple questions if you do not mind (3* and 4* are not strictly coding but there were at least a couple hundered posts related to each of these topics so you guys obviousy know your stuff):
1. I still could not find how to change Cayenne to Cayenne Diesel on PCM splash screen. Is it even possible? I did change it on MFD.
2. Is there a way to rollback code implemented during deiselgate (for offroad use only, of course) or did that involve HW as well?
3*. For those who retrofitted chrono instead of regular clock (which I have), did you have to install chrono switch on the steering wheel?
4*. Multifunction steering wheel - is that the one with the paddles? I have buttons on mine, it is heated and it has those insane ambidextrous switches, is that also considered "mutifunction"?

Thank you all again.
Old 07-30-2024, 07:28 PM
YogaYoghurt
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by vr430
Hi y'all. Read the entire thread, phew... Got me a CRP919 and did most of the hacks on my 2014CD. Some even worked (well, actually all). Thank you! I still a have couple questions if you do not mind (3* and 4* are not strictly coding but there were at least a couple hundered posts related to each of these topics so you guys obviousy know your stuff):
1. I still could not find how to change Cayenne to Cayenne Diesel on PCM splash screen. Is it even possible? I did change it on MFD.
2. Is there a way to rollback code implemented during deiselgate (for offroad use only, of course) or did that involve HW as well?
3*. For those who retrofitted chrono instead of regular clock (which I have), did you have to install chrono switch on the steering wheel?
4*. Multifunction steering wheel - is that the one with the paddles? I have buttons on mine, it is heated and it has those insane ambidextrous switches, is that also considered "mutifunction"?

Thank you all again.
2) you'd need PIWIS and the firmware file to flash. Can't do it with the CRP
3) 958 never came with the chrono switch on the wheel. You'd need a 3rd party bluetooth solution to make that work (google porsche gps adapter). You'll also need an enabling code to turn on Sport Chrono if you don't already have it and you won't get launch control on a 958.1. It really doesn't add much to the car for the price on a pre-facelift
4) you have the multifunction wheel. You can upgrade to the facelift wheel that has paddles using a 3rd party adapter. It's worth the price. The stock pre-facelift wheel is terrible. the 958.2 wheel is direct plug and play with a 3rd party adapter including the chrono switch. Takes ~30 mins to install and no coding needed
Old 07-30-2024, 08:17 PM
vr430
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by YogaYoghurt
2) you'd need PIWIS and the firmware file to flash. Can't do it with the CRP
3) 958 never came with the chrono switch on the wheel. You'd need a 3rd party bluetooth solution to make that work (google porsche gps adapter). You'll also need an enabling code to turn on Sport Chrono if you don't already have it and you won't get launch control on a 958.1. It really doesn't add much to the car for the price on a pre-facelift
4) you have the multifunction wheel. You can upgrade to the facelift wheel that has paddles using a 3rd party adapter. It's worth the price. The stock pre-facelift wheel is terrible. the 958.2 wheel is direct plug and play with a 3rd party adapter including the chrono switch. Takes ~30 mins to install and no coding needed
Thank you, Yoghurt!
2. I did some more research, and it looks like I see a Malone ECU and TCU flash in my future.
3. Dead to my unless (see below)...
4. I will put 958.2 wood wheel on the wish list. I am not digging what I have.
5. Yep, forgot to mention I really, REALY want keyless entry. Cant' believe most diesel buyers did not opt out for it! Is it even possible to retrofit?
Old 07-31-2024, 04:33 PM
YogaYoghurt
Rennlist Member

Is anyone with a facelift Turbo S or Turbo (with PTV+ and PDCC), that has PIWIS3, able to provide a VAL file for their car? Turbo S would be better since that's what my car is.

Like many others, I'm working on getting sport+ enabled on the pre-facelift. I have an idea of modules that will need to be replaced/upgraded, but need to see which modules contain all of the sport+ options.
Old 08-01-2024, 04:46 AM
rainer
Instructor

Originally Posted by YogaYoghurt
Is anyone with a facelift Turbo S or Turbo (with PTV+ and PDCC), that has PIWIS3, able to provide a VAL file for their car? Turbo S would be better since that's what my car is.

Like many others, I'm working on getting sport+ enabled on the pre-facelift. I have an idea of modules that will need to be replaced/upgraded, but need to see which modules contain all of the sport+ options.
Have you checked the Simulation Models included in SIM mode? If there is a turbo (S) included, just run a VAL on that one.
Why don't you just run a VAL on your own car to be on the safe side? Using another car might lead to invalid results in case ECUs and FW versions are different.
Old 08-01-2024, 09:40 AM
YogaYoghurt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rainer
Have you checked the Simulation Models included in SIM mode? If there is a turbo (S) included, just run a VAL on that one.
Why don't you just run a VAL on your own car to be on the safe side? Using another car might lead to invalid results in case ECUs and FW versions are different.
Unfortunately, none of the simulation files on my PIWIS versions are for V8 turbo cars.

I've already done a VAL on mine. There are 2 sport+ mentions in my stock modules. What you mentioned is exactly why I'd like to see a VAL from a 2015+. There are 100% firmware differences. Like others, I've replaced the button panel with a facelift Sport+ one. Now I'm getting a LIN bus error in the AC controller which I haven't seen others mention. I'm fairly certain the AC control software (and maybe ECU itself. facelift AC controller is a different part number) needs to be updated. This is where a VAL from a facelift Turbo S would help.
The following users liked this post:
rainer (08-02-2024)
Old 08-12-2024, 08:02 PM
YogaYoghurt
Rennlist Member

I'm making slight progress with Sport+. Replaced just the switch pack and the Sport+ button was non functional. Next updated the BKE firmware to a later version. That caused the Sport+ button to come on permanently along with a canbus error between the BKE and rear button panel plus a canbus error to the gateway. I could see the button presses identify Sport+ correctly on my Launch.

Installed and coded a facelift BKE this weekend. Sport+ button now turns on/off as expected but no status changes on the cluster. I changed the cluster settings to I think allow Sport+ display. PASM modes are all their old settings. While driving Sport+ button actually does something. When engaging, revs go up to the same level as Sport and the car feels like it's in normal Sport mode. So I know comms are working between the BKE, gateway, and other modules.

I'm thinking one of two paths forward.

Either:
1) replace the TCM with the facelift verision I have to see if that enables the sport+ transmission maps (doubt they're in place on the .1 TCM. .2 TCM has a different part number and software)

or:
2) change the build date in PIWIS to 2016 and auto code the cluster and gateway. Seems like the coding rules aren't in place to correctly interpret Sport+ button presses. I'd think changing the build date would get the correct coding rules in place. I've seen some mention of this in other forums.

Any thoughts from folks way smarter than me?
Old 08-13-2024, 04:13 AM
rainer
Instructor

Not sure this will help, but maybe worth a try:
I coded the options for the Joker button on the steering wheel in the cluster (Kombi) to allow the additional options for Sport and Sport+ to be assigned to that button. I can now select those button options in my cluster, my standard setting is SPORT for this button so I can switch it on/off directly at the steering wheel, no need to use the standard dedicated button.

My car came with SPORT/SPORT+ though, I did not need to first enable SPORT+.
Old 08-13-2024, 10:25 AM
YogaYoghurt
Rennlist Member

I appreciate the suggestion. I'm not sure which of the steps I took this morning that did it, but it's working now.

I first replaced the TCM with a facelift. I think that is plausible long term (and probably needed to get launch control) but it'll involve replacing too many other modules. Things were broken after reinstalling my factory TCM. Somewhere in the mix, I noticed the Sport light would come on when Sport+ was selected. Went into the cluster coding, enabled Sport+ again, and that did it.

I now have codes on the Allrad and PDCC for PASM and PSM signal errors. I know the Allrad is a different part for facelift. Not sure on PDCC. I assume swapping those modules will get the signal codes to go away and make PASM/PDCC work as it should in Sport+. I need to do a bit more research on part numbers first. Either way, I'll take this as a success.

The following users liked this post:
rainer (08-14-2024)
Old 08-17-2024, 10:58 AM
vr430
Rennlist Member

A question about boost coding. I activated boost gauge in MFD of my 2014CD and when I took it for a drive, it maxed out. I changed max to 2bar - maxed out. Changed to max - 2.55, still gauge is maxing out. Any ideas since I doubt I have more than 2.55 bar of boost (it shows 1 bar when at idle). Thank you.
Old 08-18-2024, 03:57 AM
rainer
Instructor

You have to substract 1 bar of atmospheric, natural air pressure.

A value of 2,55 bar is in fact 1,55 bar of boost pressure and will be displayed as 1,55 bar.

not sure of the max boost of your car, might be slightly above 1,55 bar, so maxing out.
Old 08-18-2024, 10:13 AM
vr430
Rennlist Member

Thank you rainer. I thought that might be the case. So no chance of displaying accurate boost pressure. Pity.

Quick Reply: Cayenne Coding - The Ultimate Guide & Discussion