Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Remedial8089
That's a great link! Thank you!
Old 07-17-2023, 08:43 PM
king526
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For anyone that is interested in purchasing a Launch X431, here's some good news. I recently purchased this,
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GVKSTDX?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GVKSTDX?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
to see of it works with coding on my CD and it does. Cost a little bit more than the Foxwell NT510 and a lot less than a Launch X431 Pro. Seems like the only difference between this and the more expensive Launch X431's is the OBD2 cable needed to attach the tablet compared to a wireless dongle. Now I do need some help here with finding one coding option. I tried with my friends X431 V+ Pro Elite and also the one I have, but I can not seem to be able to find the option for engine oil top off. In the DME>Special Function, there is no Oil Filling option. Does it not work on the CD?
Old 07-28-2023, 09:26 PM
Macoune
2nd Gear

Hi Everybody, i've taken my 2016 macan with back to Europe.. I couldnt sell it as i am really attached to it... But this brought me some issues.. I have to convert the rear lights from US to EUR, i have already installed the EURO lights, but when i turn left the whole tail light lights up.. Do you have any idea what i can do to have only the amber to light up when i turn left or right ?

Last edited by Macoune; 07-28-2023 at 09:28 PM. Reason: forget picture ;à
Old 07-29-2023, 04:18 AM
TMC.
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

I might be wrong, but when I looked up people who changed from 958.1 to 958.2 tail lights, the pinouts differed.
I'd start there. Odds are yours are too. I doubt it's going to be a coding issue.
Old 07-29-2023, 05:09 AM
Macoune
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by TMC.
I might be wrong, but when I looked up people who changed from 958.1 to 958.2 tail lights, the pinouts differed.
I'd start there. Odds are yours are too. I doubt it's going to be a coding issue.
Could be that but i haven't find anything on the Internet for the wiring... Does anybody have a clue how i should rewire this new rear light?
Old 08-21-2023, 11:28 AM
konkab
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by beanz2
I'll try (please don't hold me responsible if this messes up your Porsche)
Bold entry is a menu choice
Italicsis your input.

To activate your boost gauge:
Local Diagnose >
System Selection >
Instrument Cluster >
Code/brush Hiding >
Brush Hidden/Modified >
Search for Coding Items >
Enter: “boost
Select: Board computer menu configuration- Board computer menu configuration byte 0–Boost pressure >
Toggle to: “Active
Write Code

To change the range of boost pressure gauge:
Extended codings— maximum boost pressure for turbo >
Enter coding value desired (initial value 1.2 for Cayenne Diesel)
Write Code

To add accelerometers, steps as above up to:
Search for Coding Items
Enter “acceleration
Board computer menu configuration –-board computer configuration byte 5–lateral acceleration
Toggle to "Active"
Board computer menu configuration –-board computer configuration byte 5–acceleration
Toggle to "Active"
(I believe at this point you must click "Write Code" also)

I may have missed some details here, so forgive me.
This is how I think I did it.
Not a recommendation that you do it.
In fact, don't do as I did
Tried this on my CD 2011, but seeing 1.0 bar even when ignition if off. It goes up when accelerating, but it looks like it should be 0 bar when parked. Is there any way to fix this?

Old 08-21-2023, 11:36 AM
lml999
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 739 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by konkab
Tried this on my CD 2011, but seeing 1.0 bar even when ignition if off. It goes up when accelerating, but it looks like it should be 0 bar when parked. Is there any way to fix this?
@konkab I'm a sales coach rather than an engineer...but I think that if you were seeing 0 bar, you'd have some difficulty breathing.

1 bar is ambient atmospheric pressure at sea level, so...you should expect to see that when you have no additional pressurization measured by the boost gauge.

ICBW.
The following 2 users liked this post by lml999:
konkab (08-21-2023), siberian (08-21-2023)
Old 08-21-2023, 01:11 PM
konkab
Advanced

Originally Posted by lml999
@konkab I'm a sales coach rather than an engineer...but I think that if you were seeing 0 bar, you'd have some difficulty breathing.

1 bar is ambient atmospheric pressure at sea level, so...you should expect to see that when you have no additional pressurization measured by the boost gauge.

ICBW.
That’s correct. But it should probably show the pressure the turbo adds. I found a video where it stays on 0 when idle.
Old 08-21-2023, 02:16 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,304 Likes on 1,370 Posts

IMHO it should show ONE bar as (normal) ambient pressure. Did they calibrated the above to -1 bar?

siberian
Old 08-21-2023, 02:27 PM
konkab
Advanced

Originally Posted by siberian
IMHO it should show ONE bar as (normal) ambient pressure. Did they calibrated the above to -1 bar?

siberian
It should be a default behavior. A bunch of examples:
https://youtube.com/shorts/lzr2WOsNc...PGb0iRTTI_5HuZ
https://youtube.com/shorts/OGqX26sZg...9hAj5PbOqn1nEn
https://youtube.com/shorts/zwSMYSMGw...Fax1IXu3AHRpX7
Old 08-21-2023, 02:43 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,304 Likes on 1,370 Posts

Could this be a calibration issue then?

siberian
Old 08-22-2023, 01:05 AM
pmendoza
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello

New member here. Just picked up a 2018 958.2 last week.
Picked up a LAUNCH X431 Diagun V Elite off amazon a few days ago and did some of coding in this thread!

Its awesome!
If anyone in the SF Bay Area needs help, feel free to send me a PM
Old 08-26-2023, 06:00 PM
runbuh
Pro

Received 182 Likes on 116 Posts

Sorry for the cross-posting, but I felt people should know.

If you try to renew your Launch subscription via "Auto Softwares" (on WhatsApp), be aware the he ripped me off. Took the money and ran. I'm an idiot for trusting him, and he's a jerk.

Caveat Emptor
Old 08-30-2023, 04:17 AM
Gk101
Intermediate

Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts

Hi guys, recently picked up loaded 958.2 GTS that is totalled but has a bunch of cool factory options. Some I'm going to go to the effort of installing.

I've purchased a Launch X431 V to help me. I do however have some questions that I'm hoping someone can assist with.

- Rear window blinds, didn't need any coding or wiring. I just swapped the control module from the car with the rear window blinds and it was all a straight fit.

- LED illuminated door cards (unsure of which option code this is as the car is fitted with the following:
PP6 - Comfort Lighting Package i.c.w Memory Package, 7B6 - Comfort Lighting Package and 9MB - Comfort Lighting Package
I can't figure out how to get these to work. Has anyone played with this at all or know what setting it is to enable them? I have plugged in the different control module in the rear but the front had the same part number.

- Kessy, has anyone fitted this to a non OEM equipped vehicle? I have the complete donor vehicle but no vehicle key.

I also have Sports Chrono, compass, LCA, 360 camera, ACC etc etc but I don't think they're worth the trouble for me to install.

Thank you in advance

Old 08-30-2023, 11:52 AM
F SANE IL
Three Wheelin'

Received 174 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Gk101
Hi guys, recently picked up loaded 958.2 GTS that is totalled but has a bunch of cool factory options. Some I'm going to go to the effort of installing.

I've purchased a Launch X431 V to help me. I do however have some questions that I'm hoping someone can assist with.

- Rear window blinds, didn't need any coding or wiring. I just swapped the control module from the car with the rear window blinds and it was all a straight fit.

- LED illuminated door cards (unsure of which option code this is as the car is fitted with the following:
PP6 - Comfort Lighting Package i.c.w Memory Package, 7B6 - Comfort Lighting Package and 9MB - Comfort Lighting Package
I can't figure out how to get these to work. Has anyone played with this at all or know what setting it is to enable them? I have plugged in the different control module in the rear but the front had the same part number.

- Kessy, has anyone fitted this to a non OEM equipped vehicle? I have the complete donor vehicle but no vehicle key.

I also have Sports Chrono, compass, LCA, 360 camera, ACC etc etc but I don't think they're worth the trouble for me to install.

Thank you in advance

The blinds.... great to know it was direct swap. I've wanted these since I got my VS 5 years ago. Might do it now, especially since parts are cheaper now also

Quick Reply: Cayenne Coding - The Ultimate Guide & Discussion