Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Cayenne Coding - The Ultimate Guide & Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2023, 11:18 AM
Visualistics
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts

I was messing with X431 today coding in a few things like comfort windows, indicator flashes, and heated steering wheel short-term memory. I tried searching this thread but has anyone found short-term memory options for the heated/vented seats? My Golf had this coding option and it was so nice for daycare drop-off when I have to run in for a few minutes and can come back out and start the car and it retains my seat heating. Seems odd that the Cayenne would allow steering wheel heating memory but not for the seats, I couldn't find an option for this anywhere.
Old 01-18-2023, 11:19 AM
Whitegalaxie
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 44 Posts

Every time I open my Launch X431 I get a pop up screen advertising subscription renewal and other launch products.
Old 01-18-2023, 11:58 AM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,365 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Originally Posted by F SANE IL
I've got both, but really think about what you said... you got a piwis close that does not get any updates what so ever. That's the same thing as the launch. Except you can only do P cars and you need a laptop, a bunch of wires and a strange bridge box (vca)
Not sure I understand "you got a PIWIS close that does not get any updates". I assume you mean "clone". Updates are available AAMOF as soon as I find some time I'm upgrading from 40.600 to 41.400.20 so don't understand your point.

Launch will ALWAYS lag behind PIWIS and there are things you can't do on the x431 - depending on what your mechanical comfort level is, this may or may not be a problem.

As to being able to support 1000 car models, is that really an issue? I'm no longer interested in working on everyone else's cars, I "support" a couple of Audis for friends and my Touareg for which I have a VAG-COM.

A bunch of wires? WiFi for PIWIS and a/one cable for the VAG-COM; as to a bridge box, I play that at the table with friends. But I do grant you that a tablet is easier to handle, I've got a Lenovo Yoga with touch screen which works well though more cumbersome.

Trying to remember Launch architecture and PIWIS is a nightmare, there's no concordance between one and the other. What's in BCM1 on Launch is in BCM2 or elsewhere on PIWIS.

Not wanting at the time to pay $500 a year and being saddled with what seemed like a non-renewable x431 I threw in the towel. So you happy with both? Good for you, I have my VAG-COM (sure ain't dumping that for a x431) and PIWIS that's good enough for me. YMMV

siberian
Old 02-05-2023, 06:13 AM
boostdr
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can change the start stop function to remember last setting rather than default to on. It is done in the Vehicle Order, Online coding as this is a factory option. Changing the setting from the the Brush/Hidden Coding section results in the function returning to factory set after restart as the VO setting will always override.

Coding Name: START/STOP SYSTEM/RECUPERATION
Coding Value: 7L8 START/STOP 'DEFAULT ON W.RECOUP
New Value: ### START/STOP 'DEFAULT TO PREVIOUS SETTING W.RECOUP

There are also settings for Sports Plus, Police modified, Race, Emissions and fuel quality to name a few. I played with some of them but really need a dyno determine, if there is any beneficial change.

Scanner is a Thinkcar PD8

Cheers,

Matt

Last edited by boostdr; 02-05-2023 at 04:14 PM.
Old 02-05-2023, 12:21 PM
F SANE IL
Three Wheelin'

Received 175 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by siberian
Not sure I understand "you got a PIWIS close that does not get any updates". I assume you mean "clone". Updates are available AAMOF as soon as I find some time I'm upgrading from 40.600 to 41.400.20 so don't understand your point.

Launch will ALWAYS lag behind PIWIS and there are things you can't do on the x431 - depending on what your mechanical comfort level is, this may or may not be a problem.

As to being able to support 1000 car models, is that really an issue? I'm no longer interested in working on everyone else's cars, I "support" a couple of Audis for friends and my Touareg for which I have a VAG-COM.

A bunch of wires? WiFi for PIWIS and a/one cable for the VAG-COM; as to a bridge box, I play that at the table with friends. But I do grant you that a tablet is easier to handle, I've got a Lenovo Yoga with touch screen which works well though more cumbersome.

Trying to remember Launch architecture and PIWIS is a nightmare, there's no concordance between one and the other. What's in BCM1 on Launch is in BCM2 or elsewhere on PIWIS.

Not wanting at the time to pay $500 a year and being saddled with what seemed like a non-renewable x431 I threw in the towel. So you happy with both? Good for you, I have my VAG-COM (sure ain't dumping that for a x431) and PIWIS that's good enough for me. YMMV

siberian
Interesting.. where can this update be found?
Old 02-05-2023, 04:17 PM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 624 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by boostdr
You can change the start stop function to remember last setting rather than default to on. It is done in the Vehicle Order, Online coding as this is a factory option. Changing the setting from the the Brush/Hidden Coding section results in the function returning to factory set after restart as the VO setting will always override.

Coding Name: START/STOP SYSTEM/RECUPERATION
Coding Value: 7L8 START/STOP 'DEFAULT ON W.RECOUP
New Value: ### START/STOP 'DEFAULT TO PREVIOUS SETTING W.RECOUP

There are also settings for Sports Plus, Police modified, Race, Emissions and fuel quality to name a few. I played with some of them but really need a dyno determine, if there is any beneficial change.

Scanner is a Thinkcar PD8

Cheers,

Matt
What year Cayenne are you talking about?
Old 02-05-2023, 04:18 PM
boostdr
Intermediate

Originally Posted by garrett376
What year Cayenne are you talking about?
2011CD
Old 02-05-2023, 04:27 PM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 624 Likes on 479 Posts

The default to ON is on 2015+ models; 2011-2014 in the US come from the factory with the setting to default to previous setting.
Old 02-05-2023, 04:29 PM
boostdr
Intermediate

The default to ON is on 2015+ models; 2011-2014 in the US come from the factory with the setting to default to previous setting.
interesting. I’m in Australia
Old 02-12-2023, 12:15 PM
carsandcapp
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts
Default LED Matrix Lights -Require coding/activation

Thinking about picking up a set of used OEM LED Matrix headlights and installing them in a 2016 CD. Does anyone know if that will require some sort of coding to work or is it pretty much plug and play? Thanks.
Old 02-12-2023, 12:17 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,365 Likes on 1,403 Posts

It will definitely require "some sort of coding" for it to work. It is not plug and play, read the voluminous threads in the forum

siberian
Old 02-12-2023, 12:26 PM
carsandcapp
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts

I searched. I really did. Nearly every LED "conversion" is just LED bulb replacements. I grew weary. Got a link? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-13-2023, 06:01 AM
rainer
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Assuming
- you swap the correct parts (pls do a deep dive into PET and compare which parts (lights, possibly ECU) come with LED Matrix, plus
- comparing the wire diagrams for potential deviations,

the coding conversion will be the quickest part:
- change headlights in VO to LED Matrix
- do an auto-coding on all ECUs, Piwis takes care

There might be an additional calibration step required for the new headlights, I did not x-check but would assume that step.

As the VAS6154 clone does NOT work properly with LED ECUs (at least not in FAP), the above steps can only be performed either with a Piwis 2 (one of the last releases) or a Piwis 3 with OEM VAS (=> dealer ).

With any other devices such as Launch, you'll have to do the cumbersome research in each ECU to check if there's a coding for LED or not. Don't think they would support easy auto coding based on VO change.
The following users liked this post:
you-ra (12-07-2023)
Old 02-13-2023, 06:20 AM
rnlst_log
Rennlist Member

Received 233 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by carsandcapp
Thinking about picking up a set of used OEM LED Matrix headlights and installing them in a 2016 CD. Does anyone know if that will require some sort of coding to work or is it pretty much plug and play? Thanks.
On 2016 Cayenne build, there is no 8G4 nor 8IU/8JU option offered, those are vo codes for Matrix Beam.
Consequently, no automatic coding available to activate/calibrate Matrix function.
If you can change the i-numbers and build date to 2019 on the piwis side you may have a chance, but its outcome not known.

One have coded a pair of Matrix HL on a 992 MY2020 on European version using clone successfully.

Regards
Old 02-19-2023, 05:39 PM
Userix
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so on the new 2023 9y0 Cayenne there is no easy to have it remember last seeing for auto start stop using x431 coding?

Quick Reply: Cayenne Coding - The Ultimate Guide & Discussion