Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 09:01 PM
AEsco48
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Hello,

Checking in 2 years after selling my 2007 GT3 with 53k miles on it at the time... From glancing through the classifieds it seems the price has continued to climb?
Old 09-25-2017, 08:31 PM
Visceral
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by AEsco48
Hello,

Checking in 2 years after selling my 2007 GT3 with 53k miles on it at the time... From glancing through the classifieds it seems the price has continued to climb?
Actually I'm seeing a little bit of a dip. Many 997 GT3s are sitting at reduced prices from 3-6 months ago.

There are a couple very nice 997.1 in the 90-100k zone, but everyone has different wants in a $100k car and they don't seem to be moving. 997.2 seem to be around $110.

I can't speak to RS as they are outside of my pricepoint.

I really wonder if the GT4 market and its huge supply currently is seriously softening 997 GT3 demand.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:53 PM
misterwaterfall
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Visceral
Actually I'm seeing a little bit of a dip. Many 997 GT3s are sitting at reduced prices from 3-6 months ago.

There are a couple very nice 997.1 in the 90-100k zone, but everyone has different wants in a $100k car and they don't seem to be moving. 997.2 seem to be around $110.

I can't speak to RS as they are outside of my pricepoint.

I really wonder if the GT4 market and its huge supply currently is seriously softening 997 GT3 demand.
It seems to me that values peaked 12-18 months ago. I have been keeping a close eye as I am looking for one. RS's seem to have peaked similarly. This is leaving out the true very very low mile collector cars.

There are a couple very nice 997.2's in the classifieds for 99k, 105 and 105 IIRC. I'm going to see what pops up over the winter as prices may dip a bit further.
Old 09-27-2017, 12:14 AM
jasonturbo
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 28 Posts

I think prices have stabilized, you certainly get what you pay for, collector quality cars are priced as unobtanium for the common folk, drivers have come down in price to a reasonable level.

The biggest difference today compared to a year ago isn't a price increase/decrease, it's the delta in price between collector and driver, that delta has grown tremendously.

Recently scooped up a 997.1 RS for what I feel was a very good price, couldn't be happier, shouldn't have sold my last 997 GT3, will probably take this one to the grave.

So much character with these cars
Old 09-27-2017, 12:25 AM
Nemesis07r
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by misterwaterfall
It seems to me that values peaked 12-18 months ago. I have been keeping a close eye as I am looking for one. RS's seem to have peaked similarly. This is leaving out the true very very low mile collector cars.

There are a couple very nice 997.2's in the classifieds for 99k, 105 and 105 IIRC. I'm going to see what pops up over the winter as prices may dip a bit further.
My thoughts exactly. The hype for the 997 gt3s, and even aircooled models have died down. Prices will continue to come down slightly. I have even seen a .1 gt3rs for <130k.

Confusing is seeing .2 gt3 for about 100-110k, still sitting for months, but then people are listing .1 gt3s for 105-115k...really?
Old 09-27-2017, 10:16 AM
misterwaterfall
Banned

Originally Posted by Nemesis07r
My thoughts exactly. The hype for the 997 gt3s, and even aircooled models have died down. Prices will continue to come down slightly. I have even seen a .1 gt3rs for <130k.

Confusing is seeing .2 gt3 for about 100-110k, still sitting for months, but then people are listing .1 gt3s for 105-115k...really?
Yes, there are those who still think the premium prices are there for 20-40k mile examples, and the market is proving that triple digit prices will no longer be the common sell price. .2 for 95k and .1 for 80-85 for a clean ~40k car seems about right at this point. Unless your car has under 5k, it won't get collector bucks.
Old 09-27-2017, 01:47 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

Received 358 Likes on 253 Posts

What are your thoughts on this one? DME report looks good and SA claims it's CPO but is not mentioned on their website.

https://princeton.porschedealer.com/...+White+1468337
Old 09-27-2017, 01:52 PM
misterwaterfall
Banned

Originally Posted by DesmoSD
What are your thoughts on this one? DME report looks good and SA claims it's CPO but is not mentioned on their website.

Looks nice. If you want white with CCB's it looks like a good example. CPO would also be a plus
Old 09-27-2017, 02:04 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

Looks nice. If you want white with CCB's it looks like a good example. CPO would also be a plus
White is actually my first choice aside unless a Aqua blue shows up. CCB's not so much.

Since the previous posts were talking about prices dropping, part of me is wondering about the details. Mentioned it's CPO but not listed, Transmission listed as AT when it's a 6 spd, 3 owners. Alcantara looks a little chewed which begs the question, how were those low 18K miles spent.
Old 09-27-2017, 03:40 PM
misterwaterfall
Banned

White is actually my first choice aside unless a Aqua blue shows up. CCB's not so much.

Since the previous posts were talking about prices dropping, part of me is wondering about the details. Mentioned it's CPO but not listed, Transmission listed as AT when it's a 6 spd, 3 owners. Alcantara looks a little chewed which begs the question, how were those low 18K miles spent.
Order a DME and have a PPI done. When the PPI is done have the specifically look at things like the brake caliper bolts, suspension pieces etc as you can usually tell if things have been removed/replaced. All would be clues to prior tracking. Which for me is totally fine as long as there aren't any range 4-6 over revs in the past 200 hours. If it's a CPO, this would have to be the case, and if it did have upper level over revs, it would have to have had a leak down and compression test verifying the condition of the engine.

Also, alcantara doesn't photograph very well, and things like the steering wheel can look heavily used quickly as skin oil can have a negative impact on it.
Old 09-27-2017, 08:27 PM
Visceral
Rennlist Member

This is a really nicely optioned car for me, but I'm just not convinced its worth 118k in October.

With a good DME report and a solid PPI, I'd be a buyer at 100-110, so I'll wait and see what the market does.

I believe that the continuing availability of GT4s and much faster 991 GT cars will generate supply and weaken demand for the 997 GT cars.

Im a 997 GT buyer because I want the visceral experience and already have the 991 speed.
Old 09-27-2017, 08:57 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

Order a DME and have a PPI done. When the PPI is done have the specifically look at things like the brake caliper bolts, suspension pieces etc as you can usually tell if things have been removed/replaced. All would be clues to prior tracking. Which for me is totally fine as long as there aren't any range 4-6 over revs in the past 200 hours. If it's a CPO, this would have to be the case, and if it did have upper level over revs, it would have to have had a leak down and compression test verifying the condition of the engine.

Also, alcantara doesn't photograph very well, and things like the steering wheel can look heavily used quickly as skin oil can have a negative impact on it.
Yeah, absolutely. No over revs from 2 to 6. Alcantara can either start to look gummed up like a set of old slicks or just wear our if you don't take care of it.

It looks good on pics and I'm not looking for a mint GT3. Just one that doesn't have any secrets to hide.

Originally Posted by Visceral
This is a really nicely optioned car for me, but I'm just not convinced its worth 118k in October.

With a good DME report and a solid PPI, I'd be a buyer at 100-110, so I'll wait and see what the market does.

I believe that the continuing availability of GT4s and much faster 991 GT cars will generate supply and weaken demand for the 997 GT cars.

Im a 997 GT buyer because I want the visceral experience and already have the 991 speed.
Same here on the price range. I bet they were like, "hey 18K miles=18K more on the asking price"
Old 09-27-2017, 09:06 PM
Visceral
Rennlist Member

Yeah, absolutely. No over revs from 2 to 6. Alcantara can either start to look gummed up like a set of old slicks or just wear our if you don't take care of it.

It looks good on pics and I'm not looking for a mint GT3. Just one that doesn't have any secrets to hide.

Same here on the price range. I bet they were like, "hey 18K miles=18K more on the asking price"
I've brought back some terrible Alcantara once in an M3. After that, I have a lot of faith in good alcantara cleaner and a lot of time.

I enjoy the way we are working together on these cars. The dealers have little chance of ripping one of us off.
Old 09-27-2017, 10:55 PM
misterwaterfall
Banned

Sounds like many of us in here are in the same boat. I'm also going to wait around until the first of the year or so to see what pops up. I'm really looking for a driver with track mods so we'll see if something pops up over the winter. Some good discussion in here though I don't know if sellers looking for big money would appreciate it lol
Old 09-28-2017, 09:17 AM
jackb911
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 55 Posts

Private sale selling prices for non-essentials like boats, motorcycles and high-end sports cars generally decline at Summer's end and climb back in Spring, especially after tax time.

Asking prices, especially from a dealer, can be a different matter. I've always preferred working with a private owner on previously owned vehicles because it is easier to determine the history and level of care of what I am buying.

As has been eloquently stated previously on here, "buying the owner" can be of great benefit in the purchasing process.

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...