Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2023, 06:08 PM
Joe Cho
Rennlist Member

Received 431 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by jbrenner
Well…. As the new owner of the car in mention, I sure hope that doesn’t happen, lol. While slightly a bummer to come onto here and see some of the comments above and those not caught on the BaT description, that’s 100% on me for not spotting it.

I do appreciate the call outs though and am looking forward to taking as great care of the car as possible while actually still enjoying it for what it is. All in all, I’m very excited to finally join the Porsche tribe, even if I’ve got a few bills in my future to get her in a good shape. I know this is the FS thread, so don’t want to hijack it but always looking for recommendations!
Welcome@jbrenner . You got a solid car - enjoy!
The following users liked this post:
97 40th (05-30-2023)
Old 05-27-2023, 06:09 PM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

Received 2,405 Likes on 1,312 Posts

Meteor Grey .2 GT3 with 33k miles and full leather with deviated red stitching. Car is priced at $170k.

https://www.apexmke.com/details/used...e-911/94135261

VIN: WP0AC2A97AS783067
Old 05-27-2023, 06:24 PM
Wonderdan
Rennlist Member

Received 1,140 Likes on 612 Posts

Well…. As the new owner of the car in mention, I sure hope that doesn’t happen, lol. While slightly a bummer to come onto here and see some of the comments above and those not caught on the BaT description, that’s 100% on me for not spotting it.

I do appreciate the call outs though and am looking forward to taking as great care of the car as possible while actually still enjoying it for what it is. All in all, I’m very excited to finally join the Porsche tribe, even if I’ve got a few bills in my future to get her in a good shape. I know this is the FS thread, so don’t want to hijack it but always looking for recommendations!
welcome! Dont worry once your in the family we won’t call your baby ugly… feel free to reach out on anything
The following 4 users liked this post by Wonderdan:
97 40th (05-30-2023), jackb911 (05-28-2023), Joe Cho (05-27-2023), monk46 (05-30-2023)
Old 05-27-2023, 07:37 PM
GlenGT3
Racer

Received 277 Likes on 155 Posts

welcome and don’t worry, once you drive it, you will quickly forget any cosmetic flaws. These cars are epic. Not everyone needs a garage queen.
The following 2 users liked this post by GlenGT3:
8Lug (05-27-2023), Robocop305 (05-29-2023)
Old 05-27-2023, 08:48 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,942 Likes on 1,739 Posts

Originally Posted by ELange0322
Feel the same way on my 20K mile .2RS....

welcome to the madness jbrenber, sorry for my comments. I tend to call things exactly as I see them, sometimes not always correct, as my wife will surely testify.

I’ll address the good stuff first. You paid a very low price for the car and that’s a nice thing. Secondly, most of the stuff I commented on is body work and that’s easily corrected. As long as the motor and transmission is solid, you’ll have a blast fixing up the other stuff. For me, I get just as much pleasure working on the car as I do driving it.

Also most of the damage I see is on the lower portion of the car. Front bumper can be restored and you can get a new front spoiler. I think those screws were put in place to hold that spoiler in place.

Once again, never mean to offend and this community is crazy talented and can help you get that car in tip top condition.

Heck watching Wonderdan transform his car into what it is today is incredibly inspiring. Oh man I loved his black car though

Reach out once the car is in your possession.

Congrats and welcome!

Last edited by RAudi Driver; 05-27-2023 at 08:54 PM.
97 40th (05-30-2023)
Old 05-27-2023, 10:01 PM
jbrenner
3rd Gear

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
welcome to the madness jbrenber, sorry for my comments. I tend to call things exactly as I see them, sometimes not always correct, as my wife will surely testify.

I’ll address the good stuff first. You paid a very low price for the car and that’s a nice thing. Secondly, most of the stuff I commented on is body work and that’s easily corrected. As long as the motor and transmission is solid, you’ll have a blast fixing up the other stuff. For me, I get just as much pleasure working on the car as I do driving it.

Also most of the damage I see is on the lower portion of the car. Front bumper can be restored and you can get a new front spoiler. I think those screws were put in place to hold that spoiler in place.

Once again, never mean to offend and this community is crazy talented and can help you get that car in tip top condition.

Heck watching Wonderdan transform his car into what it is today is incredibly inspiring. Oh man I loved his black car though

Reach out once the car is in your possession.

Congrats and welcome!
Haha, No apologies needed at all! I truly meant that I appreciate the comments and insight. Unlike most of BaT comments, I don’t plan on spending hours behind a keyboard getting offended at some one calling out a scratched lug nut .

i 100% agree with your recommendations above about it being primarily body work which is very doable. I’m taking delivery next week so I’ll have a better idea then.

Thanks for all the kind welcomes everyone. Long time listener, first time caller here. Let the journey begin!

Old 05-28-2023, 12:39 AM
ljmartyre
Rennlist Member

Received 581 Likes on 202 Posts

Haha, No apologies needed at all! I truly meant that I appreciate the comments and insight. Unlike most of BaT comments, I don’t plan on spending hours behind a keyboard getting offended at some one calling out a scratched lug nut .

i 100% agree with your recommendations above about it being primarily body work which is very doable. I’m taking delivery next week so I’ll have a better idea then.

Thanks for all the kind welcomes everyone. Long time listener, first time caller here. Let the journey begin!
I see you're in San Diego. I'm shooting you a PM to help facilitate putting some miles on that thing.
That makes 7 white .2 GT3s I know down here. Glad to have ya!

Edit: You can't PM yet but shoot me an email. My username @ gmail

Last edited by ljmartyre; 05-28-2023 at 12:42 AM.
jbrenner (05-28-2023)
Old 05-28-2023, 01:18 AM
Nis1973
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys, what’s the market for a clean 2011 gt3rs, grey, decals delete, ceramic brakes, front axle lift, ~5,600 miles, no overevs issues, etc? I’ve had it for a few years, don’t find that it fits the roads we have where I am and don’t drive it enough. Periodically when something else that seems like a better fit catches my eye I consider selling but otherwise have been happy to basically just look at it and drive other stuff. Well, something did catch my eye hence my appeal to your collective wisdom. Thanks!
Old 05-28-2023, 01:38 AM
FLT6SPD
Rennlist Member

Received 653 Likes on 292 Posts

Whatever it is just do not sell to a flipper/dealer. You have all the maintenance records? Leather or plastic dash? Extended leather? Deviated or standard stitching? Coolant lines pinned? Cam Actuator bolt fix? Resonance tube recall done? Rock chips or PPF?

Prob should post your vin or build sheet and a few pics.

$225-$300k? Others more in the know will chime in.

Originally Posted by Nis1973
Guys, what’s the market for a clean 2011 gt3rs, grey, decals delete, ceramic brakes, front axle lift, ~5,600 miles, no overevs issues, etc? I’ve had it for a few years, don’t find that it fits the roads we have where I am and don’t drive it enough. Periodically when something else that seems like a better fit catches my eye I consider selling but otherwise have been happy to basically just look at it and drive other stuff. Well, something did catch my eye hence my appeal to your collective wisdom. Thanks!
The following 2 users liked this post by FLT6SPD:
RAudi Driver (05-28-2023), Robocop305 (05-29-2023)
Old 05-28-2023, 02:54 AM
Wonderdan
Rennlist Member

Received 1,140 Likes on 612 Posts

I’m a big advocate for gambling on BAT and then getting my hands dirty to justify it

Guys, what’s the market for a clean 2011 gt3rs, grey, decals delete, ceramic brakes, front axle lift, ~5,600 miles, no overevs issues, etc?
Fortunately there have been quite a few grey’s moving around to give you an idea of price. It’s not really an ideal time imo but a graphics delete w/yellow pccb will pull a premium because it’s a great look.

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
My son agrees with you

The following 4 users liked this post by Wonderdan:
FrenchieDadRS (05-28-2023), Joe Cho (05-28-2023), mikes70 (05-29-2023), RAudi Driver (05-28-2023)
Old 05-28-2023, 01:12 PM
FrenchieDadRS
Instructor

Received 85 Likes on 55 Posts

$275k+ from recent BAT auctions. Should provide you with some comps.

Last edited by FrenchieDadRS; 05-28-2023 at 01:13 PM. Reason: .
RAudi Driver (05-28-2023)
Old 05-28-2023, 04:28 PM
dkexige
Track Day

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats! Well fought on the auction. A little treat for you, there is some history on the car in this forum from the original owner:
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...n-germany.html
https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...les-white.html
https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...18k-miles.html
RAudi Driver (05-28-2023)
Old 05-28-2023, 05:23 PM
jbrenner
3rd Gear

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dkexige
Congrats! Well fought on the auction. A little treat for you, there is some history on the car in this forum from the original owner:
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...n-germany.html
https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...les-white.html
https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...18k-miles.html
My former competitor just became my best friend, haha. Thank you so much for sharing those links! That just made my day. I knew the car had track time but it was really cool to see all the documentation of his Euro delivery and also the explanation of the signatures. He originally named the car Marsha and if changing the name of a car is anything like changing the name of a boat… she will forever be Marsha, lol.
The following 4 users liked this post by jbrenner:
97 40th (05-30-2023), bweSteve (05-30-2023), dkexige (05-28-2023), mikes70 (05-29-2023)
Old 05-28-2023, 08:11 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,099 Likes on 2,119 Posts

2007 GT3. Black. Aftermarket headunit. Aftermarket exhaust tips and side muffler delete (retaining center muffler). In pics 20, 21 and 22, does it look like there's some sort of deformation in the center of the lower part of the front bumper? Could just be the angle, but I see it in all of the pics. 13,825 miles. WP0AC29977S792932

https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/2...he-911-gt3-13/

Previously went reserve not met on BAT for $78k in October 2019.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...he-911-gt3-22/
Old 05-28-2023, 10:58 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,942 Likes on 1,739 Posts

Originally Posted by Bxstr
2007 GT3. Black. Aftermarket headunit. Aftermarket exhaust tips and side muffler delete (retaining center muffler). In pics 20, 21 and 22, does it look like there's some sort of deformation in the center of the lower part of the front bumper? Could just be the angle, but I see it in all of the pics. 13,825 miles. WP0AC29977S792932

https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/2...he-911-gt3-13/

Previously went reserve not met on BAT for $78k in October 2019.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...he-911-gt3-22/
Hard to say but it does look that way. One thing for sure is that the front spoiler is not installed correctly.

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...