Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 05:14 PM
Hoyt
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by misterwaterfall
Sounds like a nice car, but not knowing what you paid for it I think my range is fairly close. Nice silver .2 with ~30k just sold for 95, and here's another comp with similar mileage from a dealer for 117. Market on these has softened and looks to be continuing to do so
http://www.rdsautomotivegroup.com/in...ster-PA-19382/
I'm sure I overpaid for my GT3, like everything I do that I really want. I paid in the mid 130's for mine, and would like not to take a big 30k hit from a dealer

I guess once you get over the 12,000 mile mark things take a huge decrease in the Porsche world.
Old 10-11-2017, 06:54 PM
switchcars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 469 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Nemesis07r
Good looking out Doug, and nice way of handling the issue. In your opinion, what do you see that car being worth with its history and condition?
That's a good question. I wouldn't buy it so my response would be as follows:

"You can't pay too much for the right car and too little for the wrong car"

Old 10-12-2017, 01:11 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

Received 358 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by Skibum1963
I have been following market for a while. I have heard the explanations of the inventory sitting at dealers. Yet it seems that each new listing of a 997.2 GT3 at a dealer goes up for yet a higher price than the last one. There are examples at 140. Why such a huge discrepancy. Sellers on the forum seem to have a tough time selling at much lower prices. It seems the disparity just keeps getting wider.
I'm on the same boat as you. I've been checking the market mainly because I keep changing my mind. I keep bouncing from a 997.2 GT3 to 991.1 C2S, to 991.1 GTS, then the possibility of stretching my money to a 997.2 GT3 RS.

I've seen the low mileage, excellent condition cars post for sale and gone within a short period of time. Then the same car will mysteriously post back up as "newly listed" at another dealership across the country with a significant price increase then sit for weeks, months.

Sometimes, it'll expire then come back several weeks later with a new ad and a higher price.

Last edited by DesmoSD; 10-12-2017 at 03:00 PM.
Old 10-12-2017, 01:29 PM
misterwaterfall
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DesmoSD
I'm on the same boat as you. I've been checking the market mainly because I keep changing my mind. I keep bouncing from a 997.2 GT3 to 991.1 CS2, to 991.1 GTS, then the possibility of stretching my money to a 997.2 GT3 RS.

I've seen the low mileage, excellent condition cars post for sale and gone within a short period of time. Then the same car will mysteriously post back up as "newly listed" at another dealership across the country with a significant price increase then sit for weeks, months.

Sometimes, it'll expire then come back several weeks later with a new ad and a higher price.
It seems to me that dealers are just now coming to the realization that these along with the 991.1 GT3's and rs aren't commanding the huge premium that they once were 12-18 months ago. A flood of 991.1 cars is pushing those values down, thus in turn I think pushing 997.1/2 values down.

I'm in a similar position and have had my eye on the market for a while looking for the right car.
Old 10-12-2017, 03:47 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

It seems to me that dealers are just now coming to the realization that these along with the 991.1 GT3's and rs aren't commanding the huge premium that they once were 12-18 months ago. A flood of 991.1 cars is pushing those values down, thus in turn I think pushing 997.1/2 values down.

I'm in a similar position and have had my eye on the market for a while looking for the right car.
Absolutely, same here. It can a bit frustrating at times to start working on a deal only to have the SA come back with "the best I can do is take off several hundred dollars".

We understand that 911's are a niche market and are not Civics or Accords but c'mon now, talk about being stingy on an inflated vehicle.

Patience is a virtue and glad the market is finally adjusting thanks to the 991.2 GT3.
Old 10-12-2017, 04:50 PM
Nemesis07r
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by switchcars
That's a good question. I wouldn't buy it so my response would be as follows:

"You can't pay too much for the right car and too little for the wrong car"
That's enough for me, and I'm sure a few others to stay away if you aren' willing to touch it. Thanks. As most people on this thread, I have been bouncing between a few options. In my case it's between the 997.2 gt3, 991.1gt3, or waiting even longer for the 991.2 gt3.
Old 10-12-2017, 08:37 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 648 Likes on 304 Posts

In the classifieds there are currently 3 .2 RS's. They are all wonderful cars. And depending on what you want or what you value I can see one or the other car being worth another 10-20K. But there is range of 60K between the lowest priced car and John's car (probably the nicest stock car) in North Houston. I'm sorry but there is IMO no such thing as 240K .2 RS in this market. Now, does that mean John won't get that price? no. It just means someone who poops money will more than likely pick it up because of it's fine condition and somewhat rare color.
Old 10-12-2017, 08:46 PM
misterwaterfall
Banned

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
In the classifieds there are currently 3 .2 RS's. They are all wonderful cars. And depending on what you want or what you value I can see one or the other car being worth another 10-20K. But there is range of 60K between the lowest priced car and John's car (probably the nicest stock car) in North Houston. I'm sorry but there is IMO no such thing as 240K .2 RS in this market. Now, does that mean John won't get that price? no. It just means someone who poops money will more than likely pick it up because of it's fine condition and somewhat rare color.
True but the proof is in the pudding with the amount of time these cars are sitting. If you're referencing the Aqua car he has, the bidding on ebay has been unsuccessful(175-180 ending bids IIRC) and according to the thread he has gotten some offers but nothing engaging enough leading me to believe that dealers still thing they are worth 200+. Maybe a sub 5000 mile example would fetch that, but not a regular 10-30k mile example unless it's PTS. The other aqua .2 RS with 40k is at 170 and people aren't climbing over themselves to buy it.

I like tracking things like this, and it's part of the fun for me so I'm looking forward to where values go over the winter. I think in Jan/feb driver .2 RS's will be 140-150 for realistic sale prices. This comment drifted off of your OP, but my mind kind of went here.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:00 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 648 Likes on 304 Posts

True but the proof is in the pudding with the amount of time these cars are sitting. If you're referencing the Aqua car he has, the bidding on ebay has been unsuccessful(175-180 ending bids IIRC) and according to the thread he has gotten some offers but nothing engaging enough leading me to believe that dealers still thing they are worth 200+. Maybe a sub 5000 mile example would fetch that, but not a regular 10-30k mile example unless it's PTS. The other aqua .2 RS with 40k is at 170 and people aren't climbing over themselves to buy it.

I like tracking things like this, and it's part of the fun for me so I'm looking forward to where values go over the winter. I think in Jan/feb driver .2 RS's will be 140-150 for realistic sale prices. This comment drifted off of your OP, but my mind kind of went here.
Maybe I didn't explain myself clearly but I agree with your points except the driver .2' RS's (10-20K miles) getting to 140-150K eventually. Most of those are 165-170K sticker cars and I have yet to see a 997RS sell for 20K under sticker. It's still a rare and desirable beast...
Old 10-12-2017, 10:49 PM
misterwaterfall
Banned

Maybe I didn't explain myself clearly but I agree with your points except the driver .2' RS's (10-20K miles) getting to 140-150K eventually. Most of those are 165-170K sticker cars and I have yet to see a 997RS sell for 20K under sticker. It's still a rare and desirable beast...
When I mentioned that price range Im think more 20-40k mile examples like the aqua listing that is up right now. Time will tell but that's only a 10% or so reduction from here.
Old 10-13-2017, 12:05 PM
Hoyt
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Just putting it out there......

My GT3 can be bought for the right price. PM me if you'd like to talk....
Old 10-13-2017, 01:10 PM
misterwaterfall
Banned

Originally Posted by Hoyt
Just putting it out there......

My GT3 can be bought for the right price. PM me if you'd like to talk....
What is the right price? I'm a non buyer as I don't want a red car but if you're looking for top dollar it may be tough this time of year.
Old 10-13-2017, 01:14 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

I've been watching this one as well as the one at Porsche Broward since they are both Carrara white with white gold.

http://www.ccsmotors.com/inventory/2...che-911-gt3-rs

I agree with you that the .2 RS' above 200K days have come and gone especially with the manual 991.2 GT3 setting the bar.

With no disrespect to Andreas GT3 RS, he drove it rightfully and enjoyed his car. However, I believe his asking price is way too high compared to the condition of it.

IMO, as a soon to be Porsche owner, it's a relief to have finally have some bargaining room now that the market has shifted and Porsche listening to their customers.
Old 10-13-2017, 01:24 PM
misterwaterfall
Banned

Originally Posted by DesmoSD
I've been watching this one as well as the one at Porsche Broward since they are both Carrara white with white gold.

http://www.ccsmotors.com/inventory/2...che-911-gt3-rs

I agree with you that the .2 RS' above 200K days have come and gone especially with the manual 991.2 GT3 setting the bar.

With no disrespect to Andreas GT3 RS, he drove rightfully enjoyed his car. However, I believe his asking price is way too high compared to the condition of it.

IMO, as a soon to be Porsche owner, it's a relief to have finally have some bargaining room now that the market has shifted and Porsche listening to their customers.
Agree with your comments here. His car is probably ~155 if I had to guess. With another 5k in detail and film work it would be looking great IMO.

That white one looks mint. White with no decals is my perfect .2 RS
Old 10-13-2017, 01:35 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

Agree with your comments here. His car is probably ~155 if I had to guess. With another 5k in detail and film work it would be looking great IMO.

That white one looks mint. White with no decals is my perfect .2 RS
I had to walk away from potential inquiries because they didn't want to deal and were firm on their price. I know something has got to give so I'm willing to wait.

Have you inquired about the one at Merit Partners? This one has everyone thing that you're looking for.

http://www.meritpartners.com/feature...orsche-gt3-rs/

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...