Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 10:45 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by KDAWG97M3

thanks for the input..I guess.

Not sure what what you mean my pics are unorganized...just an fyi, the wheels are stock porsche GT3 wheels... not sure what you mean I need to state they aren’t stock...they were powder coated black...I have had more people contact me about trading wheels than buying the car ����
​​​​​​​I think your price is fair, I wouldn't lower it. Looks like a clean honest car from what I can tell. I agree with what others have said, Rennlist is not the best place to sell. Maybe try some other outlets ?

Something else that may entice buyers would be to have it PPI'd yourself at a reputable Porsche dealer and post the results in your FS thread for all to see. A better pic of your DME readout showing the rest of the info may also be helpful.
Old 02-26-2019, 12:18 PM
D1ESEL
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by switchcars
This is an out-and-out bold-faced lie. Nobody in the car business EVER prepays for shipping.
He was offering the car to a buyer and wanted it off the market so the buyer couldn't find it himself.

Shameless plug here - if you guys want to deal with a straightforward dealer, whether it's buying or selling, drop me a line. I know almost as much about GT3s as Mooty and more than anyone else. We have buyers, and we know what the market is. And we don't play games, but we also require that our clients don't either.
Doug is one of the best in the business. I have bought and sold a car with Doug. He has also helped a handful of my friends with purchases and sales. NO BS. Just straight forward information and selling.

I am in the industry myself and I see the sloppy sales that a large majority of the industry does and gets away with. I found it easier to just sell my car with Doug rather than list it privately due to the contacts and connections he has. I think it was on the market for 2 weeks? And it sold for full asking price.
Old 02-26-2019, 01:35 PM
switchcars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 469 Likes on 190 Posts

sell mine 😂😂😂😂😂😂
Umm....I made you a pretty strong offer on it a year ago.

Old 02-26-2019, 11:47 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 210 Likes on 150 Posts

thanks for the input..I guess.

Not sure what what you mean my pics are unorganized...just an fyi, the wheels are stock porsche GT3 wheels... not sure what you mean I need to state they aren’t stock...they were powder coated black...I have had more people contact me about trading wheels than buying the car ����
Just my opinion - from someone who recently bought a car very similar to yours.

The pictures seem to be randomly sequenced and some repeat. And they aren’t flattering for the car.

Yes, I understand that the wheels are 997.1 GT3 wheels. But silver wheels powder coated black are not stock. When I read the add and it states that the car is stock except for the exhaust and cage and I see the wheels, I wonder what else isn’t stock.

Like I said, jmo.
Old 02-27-2019, 12:50 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,626 Likes on 2,311 Posts

This is an out-and-out bold-faced lie. Nobody in the car business EVER prepays for shipping.
He was offering the car to a buyer and wanted it off the market so the buyer couldn't find it himself.

Shameless plug here - if you guys want to deal with a straightforward dealer, whether it's buying or selling, drop me a line. I know almost as much about GT3s as Mooty and more than anyone else. We have buyers, and we know what the market is. And we don't play games, but we also require that our clients don't either.

LMAO
I have bought, sold, referred ppl to Doug. then I finally me him when he's out to CA
no BS
simple
easy transaction
Old 02-27-2019, 03:12 PM
raidersfan
Three Wheelin'

Received 154 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
LMAO
I have bought, sold, referred ppl to Doug. then I finally me him when he's out to CA
no BS
simple
easy transaction
Hey Mooty,

I see some bikes in your garage; I assume you are a cyclist. Want to ride sometime when I am down in your neighborhood? I have ridden around the east bay a bunch, but never on the west side. If anyone else wants to ride when I am in town, just give me a shout! I am always up for it.
Old 02-27-2019, 03:24 PM
Saru385
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by raidersfan
Hey Mooty,

I see some bikes in your garage; I assume you are a cyclist. Want to ride sometime when I am down in your neighborhood? I have ridden around the east bay a bunch, but never on the west side. If anyone else wants to ride when I am in town, just give me a shout! I am always up for it.
mooty and a number of other foolish people around here like to do the bike riding thing.
loads of pictures (bikes, food, cars, Mooty's recently broken thumb) and what not can be found in this thread.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...sches-204.html
Old 02-28-2019, 08:34 AM
KDAWG97M3
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Umm....I made you a pretty strong offer on it a year ago.
we were trying to trade my 993 and the GT3 for your RS....the 993 was the downfall ;(
Old 02-28-2019, 12:52 PM
Henley1
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...he-911-gt3-14/
up in 2 hours
Old 02-28-2019, 03:19 PM
raidersfan
Three Wheelin'

This car is interesting. Low miles, stripper build, and has had around $8,000 in suspension work done, yet has no track time and coolant lines aren't pinned or welded. Did someone just set it up for track duty and then get bored?

https://www.momentumporsche.com/used...gurus_listings
Old 02-28-2019, 03:29 PM
9872SpeedYellowCS
Burning Brakes

Received 449 Likes on 224 Posts

This car is interesting. Low miles, stripper build, and has had around $8,000 in suspension work done, yet has no track time and coolant lines aren't pinned or welded. Did someone just set it up for track duty and then get bored?

https://www.momentumporsche.com/used...gurus_listings

How do you know this hasn't been tracked? A first glance the PCCB rotors have been swapped for Steels and the cage/harnesses look somewhat ratty.
Old 02-28-2019, 04:04 PM
raidersfan
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by idk_alex
How do you know this hasn't been tracked? A first glance the PCCB rotors have been swapped for Steels and the cage/harnesses look somewhat ratty.
That is what the dealer said: maybe I shouldn't trust the dealer's word? Usually tracked cars have had the pipes pinned, no?

Those are steel brakes, just painted yellow. I inquired about the car and the dealer sent me the work ticket. It was done the same time as the suspension overhaul.
Old 02-28-2019, 04:44 PM
9872SpeedYellowCS
Burning Brakes

Received 449 Likes on 224 Posts

That is what the dealer said: maybe I shouldn't trust the dealer's word? Usually tracked cars have had the pipes pinned, no?

Those are steel brakes, just painted yellow. I inquired about the car and the dealer sent me the work ticket. It was done the same time as the suspension overhaul.
Gotcha, I'm not sure how close your relationship with the dealer is. On first glance I would assume this car has tracktime, but thats what these cars are about
Old 02-28-2019, 04:50 PM
D1ESEL
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

I never heard back from the dealership when I asked for the DME and information on the car.

Did you ever get those sent to you?
Old 02-28-2019, 05:50 PM
raidersfan
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by D1ESEL
I never heard back from the dealership when I asked for the DME and information on the car.

Did you ever get those sent to you?
I got a little info: a rundown of the suspension overhaul mostly. They also told me it has a brand new engine. Not sure why (money shift or simply bad luck). I haven't seen a DME, but if the engine is new, it shouldn't be an issue.

The price isn't bad, but it seems like a car I would want a bit more info on.

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...