Rennlist Member

Received 2,942 Likes on 1,739 Posts

Anyone have info on this one?

https://www.lamborghinidallas.com/us...63048171f0.htm
Old 01-24-2020, 03:09 AM
HpIzKing
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 65 Posts

John Hrad from Lambo of Dallas called me when he found out that car was inbound (they took it in on trade) from one of their customers out of Washington state. I had previously bought some cars from John years ago when he was at a porsche dealer in Dallas. I think their customer traded it on a GT2RS they had. Anyway, I was not interested in this instance (nothing to do with that car) but he would be the guy I would chat with if you are interested. John is a straight up guy and a long time owner of a .1 GT3 himself. He has been at Lambo of Dallas for twenty years or more now. I'd say based on the records that the previous owner was not shy about using it for what it was designed for but that would not scare me away. Its almost a one owner car as their customer had it a long time.
Old 01-24-2020, 03:27 AM
HpIzKing
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 65 Posts

...and at the time he called me, they had not yet physically received the car so I am sorry as I didn't chat with him about a rev report, paint readings or whether it had the lines pinned, etc. that would have been a more helpful response here lol. But I am guessing John would have all that at present. I only wish they had left it sticker delete as it was delivered! I think the grey black looks great like that.
Old 01-24-2020, 09:58 AM
964TURBOCHAS
Pro

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
if I’m not mistaken it has a replavement engine.......but I’m not 100% positive.
Old 01-24-2020, 04:13 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

^^^ beautiful car ^^^
Old 01-28-2020, 06:08 PM
RossP
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by switchcars
One transaction does not determine the market. I did not bid on that car for a reason.

I have two buyers on retainer looking for frogs. Both would be happy with a clean example sub-200k, and yet they are eluding us.
They are not at the 100% premium over other colors that they were at in 2015, but they still command a premium.
This is always the response, and I think there is some merit to it, but these cars dont trade hands alot (at least publically) so we can only use the data points that are out there. (Another datapoint: https://www.goodingco.com/vehicle/20...-gt3-rs-3-6-2/)

In the end, we are saying the same thing. The frog "craze" is over.
Old 01-28-2020, 06:35 PM
mobonic
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My 2007 White GT3RS will be hitting the market. Low options all business. 2nd owner since 2010.

If you are a serious buyer and have the $$ PM me.

Tire kickers and BS messages wont be returned.
Old 01-28-2020, 07:44 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,099 Likes on 2,119 Posts

Originally Posted by RossP
This is always the response, and I think there is some merit to it, but these cars dont trade hands alot (at least publically) so we can only use the data points that are out there. (Another datapoint: https://www.goodingco.com/vehicle/20...-gt3-rs-3-6-2/)

It is also very difficult to judge the condition of these cars. We can't do PPI's over the internet so if one sells for a low price, it may be due to it needing work. One of these cars coming off a fresh major service with pinned lines, film, proper documentation is worth a substantial premium, at least I think, over one that doesn't have any records, has chips, needs servicing etc. Paying more for the car that is sorted is typically worth it.

I am guessing that one above was a sorted example. I am also not saying that the ones selling for $140-160k (I think that was the range) weren't sorted. Some states allow you to search the titles of these cars to find what they sell for after the fact. I do this from time to time, but I also don't post the results as I don't want to intrude on the privacy of transactions.
Old 01-29-2020, 03:22 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,675 Likes on 2,333 Posts

Originally Posted by mobonic
My 2007 White GT3RS will be hitting the market. Low options all business. 2nd owner since 2010.

If you are a serious buyer and have the $$ PM me.

Tire kickers and BS messages wont be returned.
if u want a 997.1 RS. this is the car and he is the right owner to buy it from.
knows how to maintain the car and he knows how to drive.
Old 01-29-2020, 08:47 AM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,097 Likes on 544 Posts

Originally Posted by switchcars
One transaction does not determine the market. I did not bid on that car for a reason.

I have two buyers on retainer looking for frogs. Both would be happy with a clean example sub-200k, and yet they are eluding us.
They are not at the 100% premium over other colors that they were at in 2015, but they still command a premium.
Originally Posted by RossP

I tend to agree with Doug. Maybe once upon a time, these live auction houses were a good source for individual sales data-points. More and more today, they represent entertainment where people can get carried away or not care at all. 90% of the cars that roll across the stage at a live auction are/were readily available w/out the bs of a no-inspection, high-fee, overall antiquated format. So, again, i think they are more entertainment than anything else. Below are two pumpkin results that would lead you to believe prices are back up near the peak? Or did two guys with a few drinks just decide pumpkins looks AMAZING under the lights on the auction platform that day? (btw, I tend to agree with those two guys!) Put me in front of a frog or pumpkin with my friends, a bunch of drinks and the right day and I MIGHT have paid 2015/16 prices for it?

if you need to buy or sell a “readily” available car on a given day at a given time, who knows where it clears these days in an auction (w/in reason). I don’t know Doug personally, but I know his reputation and I’d put considerably more credibility where he sees the 7.1rs frog, pumpkin or any other 997 animal (fruit) than I would any individual auction lot that rolls across the stage. Unless of course his view is too high when I’m buying or too low when I’m selling

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Even...GT-3-RS-238940
https://www.goodingco.com/vehicle/20...-gt3-rs-3-6-3/

I think there was a 2kmi 4.0 that didn’t get a bid over 360k at Scottsdale. So, that must mean the 4.0-to-pumpkin premium craze is over?! Ok, i think the 4.0 had sofas, but still, I think I’ve made my point.
The following users liked this post:
964TURBOCHAS (01-29-2020)
Old 01-29-2020, 10:16 AM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

^^^ it's an auction - aka crap shoot ^^^

some weird results @ auctions recently - from high priced Pumpkin sales to no sale 4.0L ...crap shoot
Old 01-29-2020, 11:26 AM
JG 996T
Rennlist Member

Received 531 Likes on 289 Posts

Must have been jack-O-lanterns!

Old 01-29-2020, 11:28 AM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 655 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
I tend to agree with Doug. Maybe once upon a time, these live auction houses were a good source for individual sales data-points. More and more today, they represent entertainment where people can get carried away or not care at all. 90% of the cars that roll across the stage at a live auction are/were readily available w/out the bs of a no-inspection, high-fee, overall antiquated format. So, again, i think they are more entertainment than anything else. Below are two pumpkin results that would lead you to believe prices are back up near the peak? Or did two guys with a few drinks just decide pumpkins looks AMAZING under the lights on the auction platform that day? (btw, I tend to agree with those two guys!) Put me in front of a frog or pumpkin with my friends, a bunch of drinks and the right day and I MIGHT have paid 2015/16 prices for it?

if you need to buy or sell a “readily” available car on a given day at a given time, who knows where it clears these days in an auction (w/in reason). I don’t know Doug personally, but I know his reputation and I’d put considerably more credibility where he sees the 7.1rs frog, pumpkin or any other 997 animal (fruit) than I would any individual auction lot that rolls across the stage. Unless of course his view is too high when I’m buying or too low when I’m selling

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Even...GT-3-RS-238940
https://www.goodingco.com/vehicle/20...-gt3-rs-3-6-3/

I think there was a 2kmi 4.0 that didn’t get a bid over 360k at Scottsdale. So, that must mean the 4.0-to-pumpkin premium craze is over?! Ok, i think the 4.0 had sofas, but still, I think I’ve made my point.
I agree wholeheartedly with this. I follow motorcycle collectibles as well and know the Honda RC30 market pretty well. At any given time you can pretty much find and buy the cleanest copy out there for 25-30K. But last weekend I saw one sell on Barrett for over 50K. Was it a better example? Maybe but probably not. But it went for 20K above market. People have money and want to spend it in many different ways.
Old 01-29-2020, 04:54 PM
PTSGT3
Racer

Received 113 Likes on 60 Posts

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...-gt3-rs-4-0-2/
Old 01-29-2020, 05:25 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,050 Likes on 667 Posts

^^^^ wow,... average driving speed of 14.5 mph. Original owner never really experienced the thrill
.... and based on how much these have come down,... what a great opportunity for the next owner.

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...