Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 87 Posts

PTS Riviera Blue RS: http://www.legendarymotorcar.com/inv...3-rs-1789.aspx
Old 10-12-2018, 08:48 PM
pors9
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by WantA997
That car is well known as having been highly modified. I have many photos of it completely torn apart. I also have the Pfaff repair order for all of what was done. Simple example, the wheels are black but the COA states that it was ordered with wheels painted silver.
Old 10-13-2018, 11:33 PM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Received 781 Likes on 344 Posts

Porsche prices coming down has little to do with anything Porsche related. Mostly the stock market has been the best place to park cash over the last few years. This will change and hard assets ie real estate, art, rare cars, wines etc. will get alot more attention again. When money flows that direction again, prices will move back up but of course your 997 cars are a little older and there will be a few less of them due to wrecks etc. plus compared to 991 production numbers they are down right scarce. Add the fact that the 997 will soon be two design cycles removed from the 992 and even more analog in comparison, I expect the next 3 years to be pretty good for 997's. That being said I will be extracting value from my 997 by driving it very often. Enjoy.

PS I was responding mainly to Neurotic's comment above.
Old 10-14-2018, 10:01 PM
misterwaterfall
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by texascarlover
Porsche prices coming down has little to do with anything Porsche related. Mostly the stock market has been the best place to park cash over the last few years. This will change and hard assets ie real estate, art, rare cars, wines etc. will get alot more attention again. When money flows that direction again, prices will move back up but of course your 997 cars are a little older and there will be a few less of them due to wrecks etc. plus compared to 991 production numbers they are down right scarce. Add the fact that the 997 will soon be two design cycles removed from the 992 and even more analog in comparison, I expect the next 3 years to be pretty good for 997's. That being said I will be extracting value from my 997 by driving it very often. Enjoy.

PS I was responding mainly to Neurotic's comment above.
You're saying that as the equity market comes down, everything else will rise? That's not really how this works. Take a look back to 00/01 or 08 for quick references. Typically housing market downturns preclude stock market down turns, then everything else follows IE art, cars, wine etc.
Old 10-15-2018, 10:07 AM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Received 781 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by misterwaterfall
You're saying that as the equity market comes down, everything else will rise? That's not really how this works. Take a look back to 00/01 or 08 for quick references. Typically housing market downturns preclude stock market down turns, then everything else follows IE art, cars, wine etc.
Yes and I do think you are right when there is a shock to the system all goes down ie. Enron, Tech crash, 911, mortgage crises etc.. I watched the auction houses closely since 2010. Interesting how much capital was going into art, cars, diamonds wine you name it..... records galore while the economy struggled. At least in the auto market, that has definitely slowed down as the economy has strengthened. An observation not a scientific correlation. Maybe you are right and I am wrong but it seems that hard assets become an investment vehicle that stores value and when the market rebounds that storage of value is converted to investments that appreciate in value and many time with a ROI. I'm not an economist but seems this way to me. I don't want to turn this into economic theory bc I would be out over my skis but I have been a fairly successful investor in life so have some relevant perspective from years of observation/participation.
Old 10-15-2018, 10:17 AM
go-ran
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by pors9
That car is well known as having been highly modified. I have many photos of it completely torn apart. I also have the Pfaff repair order for all of what was done. Simple example, the wheels are black but the COA states that it was ordered with wheels painted silver.

I dont understand why that car ended up back in Canada. Our market for such cars sucks.

I am even more intrigued why Pfaff sold it to a US dealer when they had so much local interest in the car when it was being sold. It was sold in less than a day when it was listed.
Old 10-15-2018, 11:12 AM
HDA
Three Wheelin'

Received 178 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by texascarlover
Yes and I do think you are right when there is a shock to the system all goes down ie. Enron, Tech crash, 911, mortgage crises etc.. I watched the auction houses closely since 2010. Interesting how much capital was going into art, cars, diamonds wine you name it..... records galore while the economy struggled. At least in the auto market, that has definitely slowed down as the economy has strengthened. An observation not a scientific correlation. Maybe you are right and I am wrong but it seems that hard assets become an investment vehicle that stores value and when the market rebounds that storage of value is converted to investments that appreciate in value and many time with a ROI. I'm not an economist but seems this way to me. I don't want to turn this into economic theory bc I would be out over my skis but I have been a fairly successful investor in life so have some relevant perspective from years of observation/participation.
i fully agree with this view!
amd will add- after 08 the Porsches were the go to Cars, after this coming crisis it will be the Ducati twin cylinder! sorry for the OT, couldn’t resist.
Old 10-15-2018, 12:47 PM
pors9
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by go-ran
I dont understand why that car ended up back in Canada. Our market for such cars sucks.

I am even more intrigued why Pfaff sold it to a US dealer when they had so much local interest in the car when it was being sold. It was sold in less than a day when it was listed.
Cant say ... here is a photo 'pre treatment'

Old 10-24-2018, 04:13 PM
Cbwell
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

delete
Old 10-25-2018, 11:55 AM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 869 Likes on 573 Posts

08 silver orange RS F/S @ Autokennel in costa mesa CA
just an FYI
if it had ceramics, I'd buy it before posting this
Old 10-25-2018, 02:16 PM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

Received 114 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by cgfen
08 silver orange RS F/S @ Autokennel in costa mesa CA
just an FYI
if it had ceramics, I'd buy it before posting this

For sure. Still a premium by $10-15 for a weekend warrior’s cream puff. Fastidious maintenance is required for a driver condititoned vehicle and good on them taking care of it. I just don’t see it as an extra as most (not all) owners do take care of their cars. Hence buying the seller and not the wheels.
Old 10-25-2018, 02:26 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 591 Likes on 276 Posts

Porsche of BH has a .2RS for sale
20K mikes

I've emailed the sales guy twice regarding some questions and I have not received anything. are these guys usually like this?

done wasting my time. movin' on
Old 10-25-2018, 02:42 PM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

Received 114 Likes on 99 Posts

^^^^ That’s not a particularly special price either. Good move.
Old 10-25-2018, 04:12 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 591 Likes on 276 Posts

All I got from SA was “273 range one revs”

thanks. Very very insightful. No wonder these guys don’t come highly recommended from RL.

ill wait till Doug lists one in my price range lol
Old 10-26-2018, 11:22 AM
GM.RS
Rennlist Member

Received 315 Likes on 117 Posts

They're not even trying. Nice pic PBH! https://www.beverlyhillsporsche.com/...39902eace2.htm

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...