Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2023, 02:29 PM
Chris.C
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by RapidGT
I like the shorter gearing, sharper front end, and extra power/torque from the 3.8L motor. However it’s not worth $100k more. I’m not even convinced it’s worth the delta from GT3 to GT3 RS and I own an RS. Picked it up when the market was less than half of what it probably is now. White/gold .2 RS with 1900 miles for $195k in June 2020. Unless the 3.8’s get within spitting distance of a 4.0, I’ll have it to the day I die then my son gets it who worships it.

It’s still there. For some reason that link doesn’t work anymore. The production numbers they posted are off.

https://www.themarkmotors.com/vehicl...tx-id-54390982
Yeah that's what I figured. I'd love a .2 but the price differential seems to be growing greater even just over the past few months. In 2020 a $200k 997.2 GT3 RS was just a distant dream for me. Sometimes I wish I was born a tad earlier 🤷‍♂️.

Worst case I'll settle for a .1 and drive it across the Bay to Sharkwerks for their 4.1.
Old 11-07-2023, 03:24 PM
Colorado964turbo
Burning Brakes

Received 175 Likes on 104 Posts

That aqua/gold that RapidGT posted has the same carbon cupholder trim issue mine had. I am surprised to see from the few pictures but more of the interior carbon has not cracked/delaminated.

It is not surprising they sold more aqua/gold than aqua/red. That color combo is a little understated versus mine. Of course I really like my aqua/red but I am biased. $430K though, ouch.
Old 11-07-2023, 03:26 PM
Hamhands
Rennlist Member

Received 211 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Colorado964turbo
That aqua/gold that RapidGT posted has the same carbon cupholder trim issue mine had. I am surprised to see from the few pictures but more of the interior carbon has not cracked/delaminated.

It is not surprising they sold more aqua/gold than aqua/red. That color combo is a little understated versus mine. Of course I really like my aqua/red but I am biased. $430K though, ouch.
My .1 has the same issue
Old 11-07-2023, 07:55 PM
FrenchieDadRS
Instructor

Received 85 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Wonderdan
that’s an opportunity then for someone

1) all the parts are prob there
2) any track time it “did” have wore on the GMG parts, so calipers/rotors etc are great condition prob (not enough miles even at the track to wear the hubs)
3) everything they changed is suspension or cosmetic, most of that I’d leave because it’s better than OE, $3k in labor would take that whole car back to stock in full even the things that “sound hard” like the clutch and shifter kit
4) the tranny was rebuilt like 4K miles ago so it’s essentially new
If I were to go Sharkwerks 4.1 this would be the candidate car to do it with.
Old 11-07-2023, 09:05 PM
Chris.C
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FrenchieDadRS
This is finally an RS local to me so I'm probably going to go check it out. I called the dealer and they said its still on a transport trailer on the way over.

Hoping it comes with stock parts especially the cats/headers. I doubt this thing will pass CA emissions in its current form.

Last edited by Chris.C; 11-07-2023 at 09:18 PM.
Old 11-07-2023, 10:06 PM
FrenchieDadRS
Instructor

Originally Posted by Chris.C
This is finally an RS local to me so I'm probably going to go check it out. I called the dealer and they said its still on a transport trailer on the way over.

Hoping it comes with stock parts especially the cats/headers. I doubt this thing will pass CA emissions in its current form.
I think if they deliver the car in CA, they have to make the car CA compliant.
There are a few 7.2RS around Bay Area -- good luck!
Old 11-07-2023, 11:37 PM
Wonderdan
Rennlist Member

Received 1,140 Likes on 612 Posts

Originally Posted by FrenchieDadRS
Imo it’s prob got 50k miles left on it before I’d drop $85k for a SW, maybe I’m wrong and the inspection will show something is off, a transmission rebuild does indicate someone slamming the gears around but that’s been fixed

if it does have a heavy DME of lvl 4 or 5s I’d get a leak down and maybe a scope, but I havnt seen anyone here yet that has had scoring in a .2

The main thing I would budget for if it’s not already in the maintenance records is the hubs. It’s a wear item and once you put the OE pccb back on and calipers a failure will cost a pretty penny aside from being dangerous if under load

if they do have the original headers that’s a no brainer, but then again I would be looking for any excuse to drop Dundon 2.0, those will pass if you don’t tune it
Old 11-07-2023, 11:58 PM
Ikon
Rennlist Member

Received 117 Likes on 72 Posts

Auto kennel speed yellow gt3 I still can’t find vin as they are the dealer that won’t post it.

Sunroof headliner is creased
Old 11-08-2023, 02:24 AM
vma1788
Rennlist Member

Received 342 Likes on 173 Posts

Just some motivation, I have a GMG WC pack on my .2 RS and absolutely love it. Mine is #19 and a buddy has #20. While this community will say it's highly modified, it is really just suspension, kinematics, brakes, exhaust and a roll bar- everything i'd want to do anyways. I say pounce on it and enjoy.
The following users liked this post:
mikes70 (11-08-2023)
Old 11-08-2023, 02:37 AM
Chris.C
Rennlist Member

Considering the white .2 RS at Merit with PCCB but my heart wants this grey black with red accents at FPC but hoping they budge on price: https://www.floridaperformancecars.c...cfb7b1c969714c

Noticing on the Carfax report that it’s had the following replaced at 6k miles:
  • Clutch slave cylinder replaced
  • Clutch pilot bearing replaced
  • Clutch release bearing replaced
  • Clutch replaced
  • Flywheel/flexplate serviced

How is this possible? Is this a red flag?
Old 11-08-2023, 02:43 AM
Chris.C
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by vma1788
Just some motivation, I have a GMG WC pack on my .2 RS and absolutely love it. Mine is #19 and a buddy has #20. While this community will say it's highly modified, it is really just suspension, kinematics, brakes, exhaust and a roll bar- everything i'd want to do anyways. I say pounce on it and enjoy.
It definitely seems like a sweet deal but the mods kind of put me off a little. Prefer the stock PCCB. Also is the 3 way adjustable shifter taller by nature? The photo in this thread looks a little crazy IMO:https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...ick-tires.html. Way too tall and would prefer the stock shift ****.

I guess the mods would encourage me to track the car more which is the plan.

Last edited by Chris.C; 11-08-2023 at 02:46 AM.
Old 11-08-2023, 08:09 AM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,099 Likes on 2,119 Posts

Considering the white .2 RS at Merit with PCCB but my heart wants this grey black with red accents at FPC but hoping they budge on price: https://www.floridaperformancecars.c...cfb7b1c969714c

Noticing on the Carfax report that it’s had the following replaced at 6k miles:
  • Clutch slave cylinder replaced
  • Clutch pilot bearing replaced
  • Clutch release bearing replaced
  • Clutch replaced
  • Flywheel/flexplate serviced

How is this possible? Is this a red flag?
I’d reach out to Parkhaus who did the work and ask why it was in. They’re a smaller shop, so I don’t see why they wouldn’t be willing to give you a high level overview on the phone of why it was done.

I do know 7.2RS’ had pressure plate failures, so maybe that’s why it was done?
Old 11-08-2023, 11:39 AM
vma1788
Rennlist Member

Received 342 Likes on 173 Posts

It definitely seems like a sweet deal but the mods kind of put me off a little. Prefer the stock PCCB. Also is the 3 way adjustable shifter taller by nature? The photo in this thread looks a little crazy IMO:https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...ick-tires.html. Way too tall and would prefer the stock shift ****.

Mine does not have that shifter so i cant say but from that thread it looks like a numeric with a different ****/handle. Should be a quick switch.

^^ yep had a pressure plate failure on mine when I got it. Car still drove but the plate would push crooked making it hard to get into gears from a stop. Easy fix at about ~$5k.

Last edited by vma1788; 11-08-2023 at 11:42 AM.
The following users liked this post:
SupraSaiyan (11-08-2023)
Old 11-08-2023, 11:41 AM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,942 Likes on 1,739 Posts

The tall Eiffel Tower like shifter is a sequential shifter. I'm not a fan as you have to go through every gear to get to a certain gear, i.e. if you're in 6th, you'll have to come through every gear to get back to first. Also here it's hard on the synchros. Only good for the track.
Old 11-08-2023, 11:44 AM
FrenchieDadRS
Instructor

For your intended use, the SF car sounds like a good candidate!!

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...