Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2023, 04:03 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,099 Likes on 2,119 Posts

Originally Posted by RapidGT
Whoever buys the riviera blue car, here's some stock wheels that just went up for sale. $3200.

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1370353
The following users liked this post:
RAudi Driver (10-29-2023)
Old 10-29-2023, 04:10 PM
Chris.C
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Bxstr
If you're really interested, I would see if you can find a member to take a look at it in person for you. Very strong Porsche presence down there, so getting eyes on it shouldn't be too challenging, but if you're very serious I'd always recommend a flight out there. Can't comment specifically on why it hasn't moved. When it was for sale in May of 2020, it looked like a completely different car and at the time, pretty clean. Still a nice example I'm guessing, but went in a completely different direction with the mods between radio delete, aftermarket fire extinguisher, changing wheels to black along with all graphics, there's some drastic changes where I'd want to make sure nothing crazy has happened in that time or that the owners use didn't change dramatically during that time. The CarFax doesn't show the new owner on there, even though it says vehicle purchase reported in 2020.
Thanks for the suggestion and that’s a great point. I did email the dealer about it with a lot of questions regarding it having other mods, most recent service details, DME report, if it had its coolant lines pinned etc. but they only responded with a generic reply with one of the sales reps contact info. Texted the sales rep yesterday without a response yet so we’ll see 🤷‍♂️. If it is in good shape otherwise with only those cosmetic changes I’d be interested in going for it. If I could find someone local to check in out in person that would be awesome, otherwise I’d likely make the flight myself.
Old 10-29-2023, 04:21 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chris.C
Thanks for the suggestion and that’s a great point. I did email the dealer about it with a lot of questions regarding it having other mods, most recent service details, DME report, if it had its coolant lines pinned etc. but they only responded with a generic reply with one of the sales reps contact info. Texted the sales rep yesterday without a response yet so we’ll see 🤷‍♂️. If it is in good shape otherwise with only those cosmetic changes I’d be interested in going for it. If I could find someone local to check in out in person that would be awesome, otherwise I’d likely make the flight myself.
Just as a reference, you may want to reach out to Drola964 or drola (not sure which account is best). I believe he's pretty close to Miami and he has experience rebuilding a flooded 997.1RS and also has a 997.1 GT3 amongst various other Porsche's. I would see if he, or someone he can recommend, can look at the car for you. Typically members are pretty willing to help out.
othertbone (10-30-2023)
Old 10-29-2023, 05:19 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,942 Likes on 1,739 Posts

Strange move. When I looked at the interior, I had no issue with the painted interior trim, but those seats looked really out of place. Different wear patterns from the rest of the car, and strange look without the alcantara inserts. While it was possible to get leather seats on one, it was uncommon. Looks like 5 997.2 GT3's for North America had it. Option code 26141.

Before I looked at the car this morning, I was thinking that I could see Ryan Friedman buying it, when I looked at the bid history I saw he was already bidding on it. Guessing this one gets a couple of collectors/dealers going after it and it'll bring a strong number. Luckily everything on it I see as being an easy reversal. For someone that doesn't want the yellow calipers, that would likely be the most annoying thing to switch as the car is going to need to be up in the air for a couple weeks while you either ship them out or have them done locally. When Suncoast had .2 GT3 wheels listed a year or so ago, they were $5k. The trim on the interior is an easy fix, although expensive.

I will say it's interesting how most of us, myself included, like to customize our cars in some way, but when we are buying we want stock (outside of maybe a center muffler bypass). Wheels, specifically. I go back and forth on wheels as I really want a set of BBS', yet I also think the best wheel for the GT3 is the stock wheel. Even though I have no plans to sell, I think knowing that the stock wheel is the safe choice always sways me back to them. That along with the $9k cost for forged BBS'.
If I picked up that Blue GT3 all I would do is change the seats, paint the calipers gloss black and put on a stock emblem. If I could find a set of stock wheels for about $3000, I would pick them up and sell the Vorestiner's but it wouldn't be the end of the world as those Vorestiner's look just like the Apex 5RS and style wise they aren't too bad. Vorestiner make some nice wheels also, Got a set on the Cayenne and they've been rock solid for years.

Old 10-29-2023, 05:26 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

It looked in great shape when it sold on BAT in 2020. It's only been three years since then. I don't think too much could have taken place. looks like they may just want to make a buck since sales price back in 2020 was low.
Old 10-29-2023, 05:35 PM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Received 1,090 Likes on 591 Posts

I’m intrigued by this black on black 997.1 GT3 RS at Champion Porsche. I’ve been watching it on the market for the past 4 months and it hasn’t been moving despite multiple price drops.

Anyone have any idea why or know what condition it’s in? I’m in California so unfortunately quite far to check it out in person. Seems like a somewhat reasonable price to me in the current market with GT2 buckets, PCCB and carbon interior bits etc. I know the black/black combo isn’t factory and was originally black/RS orange but other than that no idea why it’s so much less than others on the market.
Also, get a good look at the carbon interior. 997 carbon bits are notorious for cracking and warping. Esp the center console, and ashtray lid. Don't lean across the center console and put much weight on it. A dealer cracked mine. OEM parts may be hard to find, though there is aftermarket stuff. Make sure you use a sun shield if you live in a hot climate.
Old 10-30-2023, 12:31 AM
Chris.C
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Upscale Audio
Also, get a good look at the carbon interior. 997 carbon bits are notorious for cracking and warping. Esp the center console, and ashtray lid. Don't lean across the center console and put much weight on it. A dealer cracked mine. OEM parts may be hard to find, though there is aftermarket stuff. Make sure you use a sun shield if you live in a hot climate.
Thanks for this advice. I had no idea that the carbon cracking was issue but now I’ll be sure to take a closer look.

This is the first time I’ve considered purchasing an older car so in regards to PPI should I have the same dealer do that or should I have the car sent somewhere else even if I’m out of state ? Not sure how to best handle this aspect.

Old 10-30-2023, 12:39 AM
othertbone
Pro

Received 320 Likes on 209 Posts

Just as a reference, you may want to reach out to Drola964 or drola (not sure which account is best). I believe he's pretty close to Miami and he has experience rebuilding a flooded 997.1RS and also has a 997.1 GT3 amongst various other Porsche's. I would see if he, or someone he can recommend, can look at the car for you. Typically members are pretty willing to help out.

Drola also has a good youtube channel where he works on his Pcar projects.

Drola's Garage

Old 10-30-2023, 01:05 AM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Thanks for this advice. I had no idea that the carbon cracking was issue but now I’ll be sure to take a closer look.

This is the first time I’ve considered purchasing an older car so in regards to PPI should I have the same dealer do that or should I have the car sent somewhere else even if I’m out of state ? Not sure how to best handle this aspect.
Never have the same person selling the car do your PPi. Also don't have a Porsche Dealer do the PPi. You need a truly independent shop that doesn't have a relationship with said dealer to do your PPi.
jackb911 (10-30-2023)
Old 10-30-2023, 06:50 AM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Carbon console on that one is better than most of the ones I've seen, but if you take a look at the thin piece between the ashtray and the passenger side, you can see that it appears to be lifting slightly. Typically they get real bad.

Either way, easy fix. DB Carbon out of Europe sells replacements, will be less than $2k all in last I checked for new ashtray and new console.
Old 10-30-2023, 11:31 AM
Wonderdan
Rennlist Member

Received 1,140 Likes on 612 Posts

Originally Posted by othertbone
Drola also has a good youtube channel where he works on his Pcar projects.

Drola's Garage
Speaking of if anyone is interested in that Branded Title $100k car Drola has the most insight as to how card it is to 'resell' if you had to, he loves to work on orphaned Porsches.

Dan
The following 2 users liked this post by Wonderdan:
othertbone (10-30-2023), Robocop305 (10-30-2023)
Old 10-30-2023, 01:34 PM
othertbone
Pro

Originally Posted by Wonderdan
Speaking of if anyone is interested in that Branded Title $100k car Drola has the most insight as to how card it is to 'resell' if you had to, he loves to work on orphaned Porsches.

Dan
Yea once you buy one of those you own it for life

RAudi Driver (10-30-2023)
Old 10-30-2023, 04:04 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

^^ Yes the time it will suck from your life will exceed any profit you may gain on a branded car. Don't do it unless you want to fix it and give it to your son to thrash around and don't care what the resale is.
The following 2 users liked this post by RAudi Driver:
FLT6SPD (10-30-2023), othertbone (10-30-2023)
Old 10-30-2023, 09:43 PM
Robocop305
Rennlist Member

Received 462 Likes on 271 Posts
Default Champion 997 GT3 RS

Chris, I live about an hour and change from Champion Porsche. I could probably go check it out on Saturday if nothing comes up. I have a Durametric Pro and a paint meter if the dealership let me inspect it. Let me know
The following 2 users liked this post by Robocop305:
GM.RS (10-31-2023), othertbone (10-30-2023)
Old 10-30-2023, 10:10 PM
othertbone
Pro

Originally Posted by Robocop305
Chris, I live about an hour and change from Champion Porsche. I could probably go check it out on Saturday if nothing comes up. I have a Durametric Pro and a paint meter if the dealership let me inspect it. Let me know

What a solid you will do @Robocop305 for Chris, that's very nice!

Robocop305 (10-30-2023)

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...