Old 04-22-2023, 03:11 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,943 Likes on 1,740 Posts

Originally Posted by Upscale Audio
Why two fenders?

My car oil pressure is 2.5 bar hot at idle
What oil are you running?

I run Motul 5/40 and mine is at 1.75 after a flogging. Also your temp looks to be running perfectly. Mine runs a "C" hair above the 175 mark.
The following users liked this post:
shrp (05-15-2023)
Old 04-24-2023, 12:26 AM
Robocop305
Rennlist Member

Received 462 Likes on 271 Posts

What's the oil temperature for the 2.5 oil pressure reading? Mine is never that high at idle speed with a 200 degree oil temp.
Old 04-24-2023, 04:03 AM
nle
Rennlist Member

Received 213 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Robocop305
What's the oil temperature for the 2.5 oil pressure reading? Mine is never that high at idle speed with a 200 degree oil temp.
Between 1-2 bar. Many factors impact indication at time of reading (oil weight, how long it was driven, etc) but generally you want it above 1 bar for idle.

Last edited by nle; 04-24-2023 at 04:07 AM.
Old 04-24-2023, 12:06 PM
vma1788
Rennlist Member

Received 342 Likes on 173 Posts

I'm not sure that is entirely true. 1 bar is 14 PSI. At under 1k rpm idle 10psi would be completely normal with hot oil temps. All of my Porsches and GT3s (3.6 and 3.8s) have idled around 850rpm and 1bar.
Old 04-24-2023, 12:28 PM
voodoo
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
Damn!
The old tune is saved so you can switch back after smog.

On my .1 I have an e85 and aggressive 91 tune saved.
Old 04-24-2023, 04:00 PM
Hamhands
Rennlist Member

Received 213 Likes on 89 Posts

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...he-911-gt3-68/
Old 04-24-2023, 04:17 PM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Received 1,090 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by vma1788
I'm not sure that is entirely true. 1 bar is 14 PSI. At under 1k rpm idle 10psi would be completely normal with hot oil temps. All of my Porsches and GT3s (3.6 and 3.8s) have idled around 850rpm and 1bar.
Yes correct. After a hard run it settles down to a little over 1 bar. Say 1.2
Old 04-24-2023, 04:33 PM
RallyBird
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 25 Posts

I think this one will pull $250k just because it's the same spec I have.
The following 3 users liked this post by RallyBird:
davg (04-25-2023), Hamhands (04-24-2023), Joe Cho (04-24-2023)
Old 04-24-2023, 05:34 PM
Burren
Burning Brakes

Received 548 Likes on 258 Posts

QUOTE=Burren;18756215]Hey Gang. Posting my 2011 997.2 GT3 here - and only here - since I just secured a 7.2 RS privately and have an old F-Car coming this summer. This GT3 has been in my care for two years and I bought it from another RL member who took exceptional care of it as well. I've got service records going back a decade in my filing cabinet and she's up to date on everything. Currently just over 22,000 miles (I've done 8,000 since buying the car). $205,000.

A few key points:
Nav
D.E.M.
Front axle lift
Carbon folding buckets

OEM+ Modifications:
RS 4.0 clutch and flywheel
Built cam actuators
Guard LSD internals
Pinned coolant lines

5-lug conversion with 2 sets of wheels
19” Forgeline GA1R (black gloss) with brand new Michelin 4S & new TPMS
18” Forgeline GA3R (grey w/polished step lip) with old Nitto NT-01 (Nitto need to be replaced)
996 Cup shifter cables
RS4.0 steering wheel
RSS rollbar with red Schroth 6 point harnesses (not mounted)
RSS center delete and Fabspeed side deletes, still have all stock parts
Metal pedals with extender for heel toe (SRP racing)
RSS Rear bump-steer kit

Last year Porsche North Houston put on a full set of OEM brake discs and pads, replaced the coolant expansion tank, and took care of a couple of interior rattles. Have a set of AP Racing J-Hook discs in a box to go with the car.

Car needs fresh PPF on the hips and the hood, but otherwise good in that department. The car will sell when the right RL enthusiast comes along. I really don't want it to go on BAT because I feel like it would end up at some ****ty dealer and then no one would drive it. I'm happy to answer questions and provide more pictures and information. I didn't post many pics here, deliberately. But, its probably best to do that over DM or text, so we don't clutter this thread. Car is in the Woodlands Texas (north of Houston) but can be picked up or shipped anywhere.

Thanks all. This has been the best enthusiast community I've been a part of in the last 25 years. I'm glad I'm not going anywhere.[/QUOTE]

I should have added this in the original post: https://vinanalytics.com/car/WP0AC2A98BS783516/

Last edited by Burren; 04-24-2023 at 05:36 PM.
Old 04-24-2023, 07:57 PM
Aviato
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

WP0AC2A95AS783441 - Hoping to tag this Vin here for future buyer awareness, the vehicle belongs to CKit who previously tried to sell the 2010 7.2 GT3 to his friend for 120k, under the guise of humbleness and going to a home where the new owners will find good use of it. The man is a menace to say the least... he and I worked for nearly a month on figuring out terms and doing the legwork for him in setting up a PPI because he stated in his texts "From my standpoint, my time is $10 per minute so I’m keen on shaving off as much wasted times as possible." Not only is he the complete opposite of humbleness but he got upset after making the mistake of not scheduling the appointment as an “I’m going to wait for it.” and berated me via text messages... I had no idea that I would be made into his literal slave, in the end he decided to sell to his first choice as I was "second or third" on his running list of potential buyers which was fine as this was notified ahead of time.

Fast forward to today, he has messaged me stating that the car is for sale again and if I am interested in it for 135k with OEM wheels, I obviously told him yes and to send over the PPI I helped schedule him for a few weeks back at Imola, the PPI comes back with
  • installed, end links are slightly bent at attachment point to rear knuckle and lock nuts are loose
  • Vinyl wrap applied from front wheel wells to rear bumper, some bubbles are present
  • Small amount of dried coolant on hose from engine to coolant reservoir
So I called Imola to grab a quote for the issues to get an idea on cost and told Charles because of the time being past 12PM, even if I send the wire its not going to clear until tomorrow (4/25), during this brief recess Charles begins to message me with
  • "I think I’m probably better off just driving the car and enjoying it for another bunch of years. "
  • "How about this. Why don’t we not sell the car at this time and I’ll shine it up and drive it for a while and then a couple years down the road we can touch base. Understandably for that kind of money people get nervous so people want showroom spiffy"
  • and finally "I think just forget it. I’ll keep it. " - after asking him to call me to figure out what exactly he wants.
I had no idea I was working with an absolute nut case... I finally ended conversations with him when I asked him to call me as I have no idea why he kept mixing me up with his therapist cause it seemed clear he wanted to sell the vehicle to me at 9:55AM PST (mind you I didn't get to my phone until 11:35AM to message him back) to suddenly keeping it by 3:27PM (???) less than ~4 hours apart.

If anyone in the board gets messaged by this person just set yourself the expectation of what you're walking into... Buying the seller is part of the process and this guy... well good luck!

**Addendum: I also wanted to add I dont need this car to be "showroom" quality I just dont wanna buy a car thats gonna blow up on me(?) since I clearly dont know the entire history of the car... I thought my requests were pretty standard and wanted to get a few fixes done at Imola since they did the PPI and was referenced here on the board, ALSO Minnesota has a cheaper cost of living vs. Seattle, so I figured it would be cheaper to get work done in Minnesota before shipping the car here.

Last edited by Aviato; 04-24-2023 at 08:20 PM. Reason: date amendment
Old 04-24-2023, 08:03 PM
FastAlpine
Rennlist Member

Received 317 Likes on 109 Posts

I was chatting with him yesterday and he said someone was flying in to buy it but if they didn’t, he’d let me know. Hah.
Old 04-24-2023, 08:08 PM
Aviato
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Were you buyer #1? Haha he said I was #2 or #3 in his what I assume "imaginary" list... He earnestly told me that the car would not be going to the highest offer but to the person who loved it "more"? He was really weird at times but assumed it was just a normal thing and part of the idiosyncrasies that come with owning a Porsche aka OCD... but this was beyond that...
Old 04-24-2023, 08:14 PM
FastAlpine
Rennlist Member

Received 317 Likes on 109 Posts

I have no clue. I was just trying to buy a car and it turned into a lot more than that so I stopped trying.
Old 04-24-2023, 08:16 PM
mnawa
Rennlist Member

Received 233 Likes on 133 Posts

After speaking to that gentleman I wouldn’t purchase the car from him at any price. I moved on very quickly after it was clear something was amiss with him.
The following users liked this post:
Aviato (04-24-2023)
Old 04-24-2023, 08:20 PM
CKit
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Aviato
WP0AC2A95AS783441 - Hoping to tag this Vin here for future buyer awareness, the vehicle belongs to CKit who previously tried to sell the 2010 7.2 GT3 to his friend for 120k, under the guise of humbleness and going to a home where the new owners will find good use of it. The man is a menace to say the least... he and I worked for nearly a month on figuring out terms and doing the legwork for him in setting up a PPI because he stated in his texts "From my standpoint, my time is $10 per minute so I’m keen on shaving off as much wasted times as possible." Not only is he the complete opposite of humbleness but he got upset after making the mistake of not "schedule the appointment as an “I’m going to wait for it.” I had no idea that I would be made into his literal slave, in the end he decided to sell to his first choice as I was "second or third" on his running list of potential buyers which was fine as this was notified ahead of time.

Fast forward to today, he has messaged me stating that the car is for sale again and if I am interested in it for 135k with OEM wheels, I obviously told him yes and to send over the PPI I helped schedule him for a few weeks back at Imola, the PPI comes back with
  • installed, end links are slightly bent at attachment point to rear knuckle and lock nuts are loose
  • Vinyl wrap applied from front wheel wells to rear bumper, some bubbles are present
  • Small amount of dried coolant on hose from engine to coolant reservoir
So I called Imola to grab a quote for the issues to get an idea on cost and told Charles because of the time being past 12PM, even if I send the wire its not going to clear until tomorrow (4/25), during this brief recess Charles begins to message me with
  • "I think I’m probably better off just driving the car and enjoying it for another bunch of years. "
  • "How about this. Why don’t we not sell the car at this time and I’ll shine it up and drive it for a while and then a couple years down the road we can touch base. Understandably for that kind of money people get nervous so people want showroom spiffy"
  • and finally "I think just forget it. I’ll keep it. " - after asking him to call me to figure out what exactly he wants.
I had no idea I was working with an absolute nut case... I finally ended conversations with him when I asked him to call me as I have no idea why he kept mixing me up with his therapist cause it seemed clear he wanted to sell me the at 9:55AM PST (mind you I didn't get to my phone until 11:35AM to message him back) car to keeping it by 3:27PM, less than ~4 hours apart.

If anyone in the board gets messaged by this person just set yourself the expectation of what you're walking into... Buying the seller is part of the process and this guy... well good luck!

**Addendum: I also wanted to add I dont need this car to be "showroom" quality I just dont wanna buy a car thats gonna blow up on me(?) since I clearly dont know the entire history of the car... I thought my requests were pretty standard and wanted to get a few fixes done at Imola since they did the PPI and was referenced here on the board, ALSO Minnesota has a cheaper cost of living vs. Seattle, so I figured it would be cheaper to get work done in Minnesota before shipping the car here.
Originally Posted by FastAlpine
I was chatting with him yesterday and he said someone was flying in to buy it but if they didn’t, he’d let me know. Hah.
You guys. Seriously.

David: this was the text I got today from the buyer who was supposed to come in Thursday. He can pipe in if he likes.

So I asked if you wanted it.

FastAlpine was still on the list too but since David had put in the leg work I thought to offer to him first even though he offered more money.

But literally people are rabid for pinned coolant lines and shiny paint so I’ll do that myself and enjoy a shiny car for a few more years!

I don’t expect these cars will EVER be this price again. And if they are, who cares? I’m happy with what I have. Sorry that people were disappointed!

Cheers.

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...