Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2023, 08:28 PM
Wonderdan
Rennlist Member

Received 1,140 Likes on 612 Posts

Tire kicking works both ways… so I would assume any listing with “very little effort” has risk.

IMO the deals to be had for these cars are less about price and more related to buying a good car from someone who cared for it… so if the price is ‘really good’, there is a reason

Frequent forum guys have so much more into their cars, it’s sometimes hard to see the love and random refreshed parts that add up

read post history on a buyer… you can see every bolt I’ve fixed if you dig deep, we are reasonable and an open book but we usually don’t leave money on the table

Originally Posted by Burren
I should have added this in the original post: https://vinanalytics.com/car/WP0AC2A98BS783516/

Last edited by Wonderdan; 04-25-2023 at 07:38 PM.
The following users liked this post:
nle (04-25-2023)
Old 04-24-2023, 08:29 PM
mnawa
Rennlist Member

Received 233 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by Aviato
WP0AC2A95AS783441 - Hoping to tag this Vin here for future buyer awareness, the vehicle belongs to CKit who previously tried to sell the 2010 7.2 GT3 to his friend for 120k, under the guise of humbleness and going to a home where the new owners will find good use of it. The man is a menace to say the least... he and I worked for nearly a month on figuring out terms and doing the legwork for him in setting up a PPI because he stated in his texts "From my standpoint, my time is $10 per minute so I’m keen on shaving off as much wasted times as possible." Not only is he the complete opposite of humbleness but he got upset after making the mistake of not scheduling the appointment as an “I’m going to wait for it.” and berated me via text messages... I had no idea that I would be made into his literal slave, in the end he decided to sell to his first choice as I was "second or third" on his running list of potential buyers which was fine as this was notified ahead of time.

Fast forward to today, he has messaged me stating that the car is for sale again and if I am interested in it for 135k with OEM wheels, I obviously told him yes and to send over the PPI I helped schedule him for a few weeks back at Imola, the PPI comes back with
  • installed, end links are slightly bent at attachment point to rear knuckle and lock nuts are loose
  • Vinyl wrap applied from front wheel wells to rear bumper, some bubbles are present
  • Small amount of dried coolant on hose from engine to coolant reservoir
So I called Imola to grab a quote for the issues to get an idea on cost and told Charles because of the time being past 12PM, even if I send the wire its not going to clear until tomorrow (4/25), during this brief recess Charles begins to message me with
  • "I think I’m probably better off just driving the car and enjoying it for another bunch of years. "
  • "How about this. Why don’t we not sell the car at this time and I’ll shine it up and drive it for a while and then a couple years down the road we can touch base. Understandably for that kind of money people get nervous so people want showroom spiffy"
  • and finally "I think just forget it. I’ll keep it. " - after asking him to call me to figure out what exactly he wants.
I had no idea I was working with an absolute nut case... I finally ended conversations with him when I asked him to call me as I have no idea why he kept mixing me up with his therapist cause it seemed clear he wanted to sell the vehicle to me at 9:55AM PST (mind you I didn't get to my phone until 11:35AM to message him back) to suddenly keeping it by 3:27PM (???) less than ~4 hours apart.

If anyone in the board gets messaged by this person just set yourself the expectation of what you're walking into... Buying the seller is part of the process and this guy... well good luck!

**Addendum: I also wanted to add I dont need this car to be "showroom" quality I just dont wanna buy a car thats gonna blow up on me(?) since I clearly dont know the entire history of the car... I thought my requests were pretty standard and wanted to get a few fixes done at Imola since they did the PPI and was referenced here on the board, ALSO Minnesota has a cheaper cost of living vs. Seattle, so I figured it would be cheaper to get work done in Minnesota before shipping the car here.
I wonder why he offered it to you for $135,000 when he told me that his dealer offered him $140,000. I offered him $130,000 and when he told me this I told him I’d offer slightly over with funds wired the next day and no PPI. Said he wanted to work with another guy because he seemed like “a super nice guy” and couldn’t care less about the money.
Old 04-24-2023, 08:31 PM
FastAlpine
Rennlist Member

Received 317 Likes on 109 Posts

I wonder if I was the super nice guy? Hahah
Old 04-24-2023, 08:38 PM
Aviato
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

"rabid for pinned coolant lines and shiny paint" - My brother in christ, there is "dried coolant on hose from engine to coolant reservoir' and you keep assuming in your texts which you said yourself about assuming "You know that saying about ***-ume." Yet there is "dried coolant on hose from engine to coolant reservoir" and you keep mentioning, "There’s not much coolant leaking at all. No puddles or anything. It’s mainly because Rennlist has made a track checklist of things that buyers want but don’t need."

I dont care for your take, I care about Imola's take from their PPI which was done because it's a PRE PURCHASE INSPECTION and they're a repair shop that repairs cars in this case specifically Porsche's very freakin well. I really cannot believe I have to explain in such minute details... but here I am writing you a novel, because I fall under the "rabid for pinned coolant lines and shiny paint" demographic.

But yea, you're right, my fault - just wanted a 7.2 GT3 in showroom quality for 135k and not maintenance work on an unpinned coolant pipe and bent end links where the Camshaft Deviation Bank 1: -3.500° Bank 2: -1.328° from Imola before shipping it over... /sarcasm

Last edited by Aviato; 04-24-2023 at 08:46 PM.
Old 04-24-2023, 08:40 PM
Aviato
Intermediate

Originally Posted by FastAlpine
Im pretty sure I was the super nice guy, but now I'm just the guy with the receipts from his texts and now the guy who falls under the demographic for "rabid for pinned coolant lines and shiny paint".
Old 04-24-2023, 08:43 PM
Aviato
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mnawa
I wonder why he offered it to you for $135,000 when he told me that his dealer offered him $140,000. I offered him $130,000 and when he told me this I told him I’d offer slightly over with funds wired the next day and no PPI. Said he wanted to work with another guy because he seemed like “a super nice guy” and couldn’t care less about the money.

I have no idea... initially he said he was gonna sell it to the dealer and get the tax rebate for his future car purchase which he was ruminating on a Panamera after his Outback got slammed by the snow.. But afterwards he said there was someone else who was doing a trade and cash deal... He kept flip flopping his stories... I honestly doubt I was even buyer #2 or #3 and he was just saying things to keep me hooked into helping him... again no idea.
Old 04-24-2023, 08:48 PM
CKit
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 13 Posts

No, @aviato was the super nice guy and I was willing to sell to him for less than the dealership (and my neighbor) for $135k because he didn’t want the extra wheels and I he had put in the leg work so I gave him priority even though @fastalpine and others had offered more.

@aviato asked me to use him as a personal assistant even though I told him he wasn’t first in line. I refused to let him pay for PPI.

He’s disappointed and frustrated and I get that. But I was never trying to sell a car here. People DM’d me unsolicited.

Turns out it’s super easy to remove PPF and stickers with a heat gun.

Originally Posted by mnawa
Like I said, @aviato was the super nice guy and even though less than I’d get locally if I were to sell, he helped out with legwork and loyalty (guess not lol) so I asked him 10 min after the buyer backed out. Who was offering $150.

So at this point, I’m not interested in selling.

Please don’t DM me asking for me to sell. I’ll keep it and enjoy it. Then trade it in in 5-10 years on something else at the dealership and get tax credit and avoid all frustration.

Or not. I’ve been so disappointed with the 991.2 experience. There’s really nothing to replace this car. I would trade in the 991 before this one I think.
Old 04-24-2023, 08:48 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,942 Likes on 1,739 Posts

Definitely not!
Old 04-24-2023, 08:50 PM
FastAlpine
Rennlist Member

Received 317 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
Definitely not!
Hehe!
RAudi Driver (04-24-2023)
Old 04-24-2023, 09:08 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CKit
But I was never trying to sell a car here. People DM’d me unsolicited.

Like I said, @aviato was the super nice guy and even though less than I’d get locally if I were to sell, he helped out with legwork and loyalty (guess not lol) so I asked him 10 min after the buyer backed out. Who was offering $150.
So CKit is correct in the fact that he never had a classified ad up and was solicited by us Rennlist Vultures. His original intent was to sell to his friend. It's hard to part with something when the ball isn't in your court. I get that part. I guess ball was not in CKit's court on this process so he will come back when he's ready and prepared...maybe.

But Ckit, wonder why you entertained Aviato and even reached out to him after your original friend buyer backed out? Seems like a lot of energy for you to go through when you're not fully vested in the sale. Looks like Fast Alpine would have been your best candidate. Offered more money and didn't seem like he was going to nit pick, like a vegan at a BBQ.

Old 04-24-2023, 09:52 PM
CKit
Instructor

But Ckit, wonder why you entertained Aviato and even reached out to him after your original friend buyer backed out? Seems like a lot of energy for you to go through when you're not fully vested in the sale. Looks like Fast Alpine would have been your best candidate. Offered more money and didn't seem like he was going to nit pick, like a vegan at a BBQ.
I’ll try and try and summarize what happened, maybe it’ll make sense. Maybe it still won’t?

Have had the 997.2 for 10 years and the 991.2 for 5. We have a lot of fond autocross memories of them and my wife won a number of championships in them.

I was pissed when my Subaru got crushed and rage texted my autocross friend to offer the car at $120.

Got to thinking maybe I hadn’t kept updated on market so I posted here if that was way out of line.

As I was asking here, my friend declined.

I got bombarded with unsolicited offers via DM ranging from 130-150+.

I took some of the nicer people who had offered earlier and gave them relative priority over people who offered later, but I told them up front that it was contingent on what my neighbor who owns an independent shop and my local dealership offered.

When my neighbor AND the local dealerships both offered 140, that was the easy button.

But if nice people offered more, that was okay.

@Aviato had offered less but he was very passionate about the vehicle so I decided I would eat the difference if I sold it and make it up if he would help me sell wheels.

One of the guys who was nice and offered more was supposed to come up on Thursday. But he messaged me today saying he got cold feet and the vinyl and coolant pinning contributed to it.

It was a recurring theme that all potential buyers really wanted a totally stock car with paint corrected. So I was going to get unwrapping quotes this week to make people comfortable.

But in driving the 991.2 GT3 and being frustrated at the driving experience, I was leaning towards keeping the 997.2. Knowing that it’ll never be worth less than it is now.

I’ll probably shine it up and get coolant lines pinned. And then enjoy it for a few more years.

Or many more years.

I really think I would rather sell the 991.2 and keep the 997.2 forever. Especially if it were minty and shiny.
Old 04-24-2023, 10:07 PM
Hamhands
Rennlist Member

Received 211 Likes on 88 Posts

I was told it was sold so left it alone.
Old 04-24-2023, 10:41 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

I’ll try and try and summarize what happened, maybe it’ll make sense. Maybe it still won’t?

Have had the 997.2 for 10 years and the 991.2 for 5. We have a lot of fond autocross memories of them and my wife won a number of championships in them.

I was pissed when my Subaru got crushed and rage texted my autocross friend to offer the car at $120.

Got to thinking maybe I hadn’t kept updated on market so I posted here if that was way out of line.

As I was asking here, my friend declined.

I got bombarded with unsolicited offers via DM ranging from 130-150+.

I took some of the nicer people who had offered earlier and gave them relative priority over people who offered later, but I told them up front that it was contingent on what my neighbor who owns an independent shop and my local dealership offered.

When my neighbor AND the local dealerships both offered 140, that was the easy button.

But if nice people offered more, that was okay.

@Aviato had offered less but he was very passionate about the vehicle so I decided I would eat the difference if I sold it and make it up if he would help me sell wheels.

One of the guys who was nice and offered more was supposed to come up on Thursday. But he messaged me today saying he got cold feet and the vinyl and coolant pinning contributed to it.

It was a recurring theme that all potential buyers really wanted a totally stock car with paint corrected. So I was going to get unwrapping quotes this week to make people comfortable.

But in driving the 991.2 GT3 and being frustrated at the driving experience, I was leaning towards keeping the 997.2. Knowing that it’ll never be worth less than it is now.

I’ll probably shine it up and get coolant lines pinned. And then enjoy it for a few more years.

Or many more years.

I really think I would rather sell the 991.2 and keep the 997.2 forever. Especially if it were minty and shiny.
Honestly, makes total sense. Take a year, clean it up and make it a nice street car out of it and you'll know if it's a keeper or you're ready to part with it.
CKit (04-25-2023)
Old 04-25-2023, 12:08 AM
CKit
Instructor

Honestly, makes total sense. Take a year, clean it up and make it a nice street car out of it and you'll know if it's a keeper or you're ready to part with it.
Thank you!

I do feel badly for the people who felt they missed out. At the end of the day, I have to do what’s right for me and my family.

I hope they find what they’re looking for too.

These are really special cars and they don’t make them like this anymore.
Old 04-25-2023, 12:43 AM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Received 1,090 Likes on 591 Posts

Sent you a PM. Offered you $130k for the 991.2. I've enjoyed this so thoroughly that I'd like to read it again.

@RAudi Driver How do I make the laughing head rolling around thingy?
sirringo (04-25-2023)

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...